Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hidden Skills

I found an older post on this (from 2015) but, sadly, it was useless. I know there are a number of Hidden Skills, and cheats to level them, but I'm having a hard time finding a comprehensive list. I know of a few of these myself. Skating is one (cheat: stats.set_skill_level Hidden_Skating [1-5]), and Bowling (cheat: stats.set_skill_level Skill_Bowling [1-5]). If anyone can expand on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.
9ndehwc.png

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2018
    Bowling isn't a hidden skill on TS4.

I think retail and restaurant skills are hidden. Like restocking and cleaning.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    Foosball, Spicy Foods, Chopsticks, Pet Poop Cleanup.
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    Pet poop cleanup??
  • Options
    It's an hidden skill.. I have no idea why. There is a mod to lock skills that also list this as an hidden skill.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    PinkPaws66 wrote: »
    Pet poop cleanup??

My thoughts exactly.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I think MCCC has a listing of all the hidden traits/skills. My memory is very bad though and it could be that that mod is only for sims 3 but I think the one for sims 3 was called NRAAS Master controller. Anyway, if you don't mind a mod, maybe you could use it at least long enough to compile a list of the hidden things?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    There is also Work ethic (?) for retails maybe.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    rock climbing is a hidden skill (that, like skating, also boosts fitness) from the fitness stuff pack

and, bowling-related, there's a hidden trait unlocked when a sim bowls a perfect llama that gives the achievement for that. was really surprised to get that achievement by unpausing the game after moving a household that had earned it to a brand new save
  • Options
    iamsweetmysteryiamsweetmystery Posts: 250 Member
    Thanks. I'll look around and see if I can find cheats for some of the ones you folks listed. By the way, MCCC is for Sims 4. I don't have it but I hear a lot about it from others on here who use it.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    posting a few images of things i snagged with the showsiminfo mod (lets you see things like hidden traits, all skills and such. quite handy):

skating, which was mentioned:
    150e2db549f4e0f6555743bc89e66913.png

rock climbing, which was mentioned:
    01d3e6438a938929032997b6061d0805.png
    (this one also lets you see a few other skills, so we can know what will likely be chopped off to make it work for skill cheats)

while i wouldn't doubt things like the various video games, darts and foosball are also hidden skills, they're not picked up by this mod (similar to those weird hidden vampire traits like batbaby that aren't fully figured out yet)

also, a few screenshots of hidden traits, just to give examples of what kind of stuff falls into there

first is from my half-alien vampire:
    7f8b524d62177173aeb66a9a47d5e0d1.png

next two are from a cat, first is hidden traits:
    efe1557977b93e385175208d948d2ddd.png
    which we see includes their common misbehaviors and whether they were trained out or not

and then, the 'normal' list of traits for the same cat:
    cc308271e8580889c8b9143693f113ad.png
    i find it interesting that the fears/obsessions are counted as reward traits

as for the chopstick savvy and spice hound traits, they're considered rewards and are listed here:
    888df712454f105b2453fcd811c106dc.png
  • Options
    Indeed. It takes very little effort to earn the Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hound Traits. I'm not surprised they're not considered Skills in the proper sense. I've earned Chopstick Savvy at a single Festival. It only takes eating somewhere around 5 chopstick-oriented dishes. I didn't realize pets could have so many different fears and obsessions. It's always hard to tell what they're reacting to. I think it's funny when cats get obsessed with riding on the robot floor sweepers. I've had cats that would sit for hours on one waiting for it to start it next cleaning cycle, then they zoom around the house on top of it. It's quite a sight.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It looks like many of these traits are just a matter of keeping track of what your Sim has done, so that 'First Kiss' can only happen once. (And when these flags don't get recorded, we get bugs.) The pet obsessions are interesting, however - it doesn't appear that there is anything similar for human Sims. That would give our Sims a bit more personality - they could have whims that reflect their obsessions, and when left to their own devices, they won't all be raiding the fridge or playing games on the computer.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    Indeed. It takes very little effort to earn the Chopstick Savvy and Spice Hound Traits. I'm not surprised they're not considered Skills in the proper sense. I've earned Chopstick Savvy at a single Festival. It only takes eating somewhere around 5 chopstick-oriented dishes. I didn't realize pets could have so many different fears and obsessions. It's always hard to tell what they're reacting to. I think it's funny when cats get obsessed with riding on the robot floor sweepers. I've had cats that would sit for hours on one waiting for it to start it next cleaning cycle, then they zoom around the house on top of it. It's quite a sight.

I'm not afraid to admit that the cats riding around on the vacuum was one of the main reasons I got Cats and Dogs. AND, I finally got a cat that is obsessed with it. That cat is never going to die. :D
  • Options
    my oracle's cat (based on catwoman's from batman, even has same name, though it's not repeatable on the forums thanks to a certain organization...) thankfully is obsessed with gaming and the computer. would have had to get rid of her if she were scared of them, considering her owner's career.

the oracle lives in the 3 story 'not a penthouse' in uptown, has a vacuum on every floor (it's easier that way) and the cat sometimes runs from one floor to the next, just riding them around. it's much enjoyment to see
  • Options
    It looks like many of these traits are just a matter of keeping track of what your Sim has done, so that 'First Kiss' can only happen once. (And when these flags don't get recorded, we get bugs.) The pet obsessions are interesting, however - it doesn't appear that there is anything similar for human Sims. That would give our Sims a bit more personality - they could have whims that reflect their obsessions, and when left to their own devices, they won't all be raiding the fridge or playing games on the computer.

Unless they get obsessed with the fridge or computer games. If that's what your Sims do with their autonomy, you're lucky. I'm, personally, sick of all the serenades my couples do. It's gotten so the moment I hear one start, I cancel it and send them off to separate rooms to do something else.
    9ndehwc.png
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    It says one of the Pet Quirks is being Obsessed with the Door Bell....odd, since we don't have door bells. Do you suppose they were going to put them in, and that trait would mean the dog, probably, but I guess a cat could have some sort of response, too. Anyway, would the dog have gone nuts if they had the trait? That would have been good, maybe annoying after while, but so good. :joy:
  • Options
    looks like the snowpal is an hidden skill too.
  • Options
    i think the 'doorbell' obsession actually works when visitors come to the door and knock. i have a ghost dog (in a ghost household) with that obsession and she runs to the door and starts spinning crazily (chasing her tail, more or less) whenever a visitor starts walking up to the door. i started noticing it one ingame night when had 3 different vampires wanting to stop by for a chat while the ghost scientist was trying to perfect one of her serums (not the plasma-drinking break-in, but actually knocking on the door to talk to the sim, the way normal sims sometimes do during the day)

also, on the serenading thing, i've been doing similar with my sims. even try to keep some from even thinking about learning the singing skill, just so they don't serenade each other every 15 seconds. it normally wouldn't bother me, but that 8 hour flirty moodlet can be frustrating (and it takes so many cold showers to remove it)
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i think the 'doorbell' obsession actually works when visitors come to the door and knock. i have a ghost dog (in a ghost household) with that obsession and she runs to the door and starts spinning crazily (chasing her tail, more or less) whenever a visitor starts walking up to the door. i started noticing it one ingame night when had 3 different vampires wanting to stop by for a chat while the ghost scientist was trying to perfect one of her serums (not the plasma-drinking break-in, but actually knocking on the door to talk to the sim, the way normal sims sometimes do during the day)

also, on the serenading thing, i've been doing similar with my sims. even try to keep some from even thinking about learning the singing skill, just so they don't serenade each other every 15 seconds. it normally wouldn't bother me, but that 8 hour flirty moodlet can be frustrating (and it takes so many cold showers to remove it)

Oh, well, sure, don't see why it couldn't be triggered by a knock, thanks for sharing. I just want door bells, haha, so I can hear them better, but the dog could let me know. I'll have to keep an eye out for that. I don't suppose every dog has it, but maybe I'll get lucky.

The devs must have known my dad. He would burst into song at the slightest opportunity. It did not result in the flirty mood for my mom, and indeed would especially annoy her when we were in public, so he tried to keep it to whistling then. He was actually acceptable, thank God, but still. Would give my last dollar to hear it again, Sam, now he's gone.
  • Options
    PurpleThistlesPurpleThistles Posts: 618 Member
    These hidden traits, most of them will be used purely for giving a higher or lower chance of a sim passing chance cards in careers or odds of winning games and so on. The pet obsessions and fears, the hidden traits are just used to trigger the animations and behaviour for the objects of their fears and obsessions.

• Options
    SimmillerSimmiller Posts: 36 Member
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/Secret_skill
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    I think MCCC has a listing of all the hidden traits/skills. My memory is very bad though and it could be that that mod is only for sims 3 but I think the one for sims 3 was called NRAAS Master controller. Anyway, if you don't mind a mod, maybe you could use it at least long enough to compile a list of the hidden things?

I have MCCC, and at least one of the hidden skills isn't on the list of Skill cheats in the MCCC menu. Rock Climbing is a Minor Hidden Skill and the only way to cheat for it is via console code. It's really strange, because mod-based skills still manage to show up on the list (such as the skills added by Triplis Sorcerer Mod).
    9ndehwc.png