Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please add body hair and improve inventory management

MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
edited July 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Well, the title says it all.
I still can't believe we do not have body hair to choose from in CAS.

Also, managing inventory, be it personal or family, is quite horrific and I cannot believe that someone would be so cruel to design such a thing. We need filters, ways to manage it more efficiently. I am spending 1/4 of my game time on deleting stuff from my inventory!

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2019
    Household inventory had all the buy mode filters. The rest, completely agree.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I might be oblivious, but can you delete for example 50 apples at once from your inventory, be it personal or household?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I might be oblivious, but can you delete for example 50 apples at once from your inventory, be it personal or household?

Yes. In the household inventory it asks you how many you want to delete. In the personal inventory just drag the fifty apples to the sell area.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Let's just hope that if they ever do body hair it is not "made for mosaic", how useless would that be.
    Also, managing inventory, be it personal or family, is quite horrific and I cannot believe that someone would be so cruel to design such a thing. We need filters, ways to manage it more efficiently. I am spending 1/4 of my game time on deleting stuff from my inventory!
    I totally agree, both personal and household inventory could be a lot more user friendly. Why can't we sort items by name or date? Why can't we group them? Why are there no tabs? Why can't we resize the household inventory like we can with the sim's inventory (this would be so needed in build mode, with only two visible lines of items it is hell to browse them)?
    That's actually an easy one. But try transferring 50 apples from the household inventory to your sim's personal inventory. You have to place every single apple on the lot before you can drag it to the sim.

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    no i clearly do not went body hair to return in the sims4 it was clearly a feature i hated in sims3 if they must bring back body hair they also must include a toggle to turn it off in game option.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member

I don't know if you are willing to use Custom Content or not, but if you are there are Body Hair CC available that look pretty good. Just a possible option.
  • Options
    Sara1010P wrote: »

I don't know if you are willing to use Custom Content or not, but if you are there are Body Hair CC available that look pretty good. Just a possible option.

Oh, I know. I've only recently started playing and the first mods I'm gonna install are body hair and story progression. Can't believe how the base game lacks these.
    no i clearly do not went body hair to return in the sims4 it was clearly a feature i hated in sims3 if they must bring back body hair they also must include a toggle to turn it off in game option.

I'd be fine with a toggle. I prefer my sims realistic. We are not all waxed, and for me, that is such a turnoff.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

I mean it was optional to use in Sims 3, like tattoos were. Why would it need a toggle? So you don’t even have to see that it exists? I wouldn’t imagine they would work any differently than tattoos do, or acne, or any of the other skin details that exist that are completely optional for you to use. To my knowledge NPC’s don’t spawn with tattoos or acne or anything like that.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2019
    I'm hoping we'll get body hair with werewolves. :)
  • Options

I mean it was optional to use in Sims 3, like tattoos were. Why would it need a toggle? So you don’t even have to see that it exists? I wouldn’t imagine they would work any differently than tattoos do, or acne, or any of the other skin details that exist that are completely optional for you to use. To my knowledge NPC’s don’t spawn with tattoos or acne or anything like that.

I kind of wish they did though, it would make them more unique.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I'm hoping we'll get body hair with werewolves. :)

Please let the devs do as you say. :D
    Need a werewolf game pack next year definitely.
  • Options
    ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    Well they’ve obviously staved off it, knowing it would be perfect to go with this alleged werewolf pack. Except they haven’t made the werewolf pack lol... Somewhere down the line occult’s got shelved, but it looks like they are making a resurgence this year! Ngl I’m doubtful of a werewolf pack this year with mermaids being added and of course the realm of magic pack. Maybe next year, unless they do cram werewolves in with witchcraft?

As for inventory management, do you know having a ton of stuff in inventory creates lag and performance issues with your sim? I never like to have more than maybe 10 items on a sim? Agreed though, a couple of basic filters would defo be helpful for when you do end up with a lot.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    If you want bodyhair, I recommend Luumia's mods and CC. Inventory management is not really relevant to me personally, as I tend to keep only few items in them.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    adduapinaadduapina Posts: 556 Member
    Please please improve management on household/personal inventories. Body hair would be nice. And more moustache, beards. Hair colors.
    origin ID: adduapina
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Scary thing? They have improved inventory management. Immensely. I had gone awhile without playing and noticed that when fertilizing plants and using bait, things are now grouped appropriately AND are in alphabetical order.

Yes, the bar is that low that doing that is a huge improvement to what it once was. Regular inventory still can't be sorted but baby steps ;)
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Body hair isn't something I specifically want but I'd probably use it now and then if it came in a pack I wanted. I definitely want inventory management by category though!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.