Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sim's hair woes

So I was making wedding outfits for my sims, and decided to change the hair color of one sim, for her wedding 'do. Got back to game mode, and her regular hair was blonde too.
I tried to fix it, but it wouldn't take.
She was spawned as a blonde, and her brows are still blonde. But all her hairdos had her hair black.
This is such a dumb glitch, or oversight. Why would changing 1 hair color change them all? It doesn't make sense.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    How were you doing the change? Dresser or mirror? Plan Outfit or Change Sim? Any mods? CC hair? Cheats?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    It makes good sense to me. How would you in RL change your hair color for one outfit only? I assume it's easier to adjust hairstyle than hair color, but I might be wrong.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    Changing hair color for one outfit will change it for all of them, however hair styles can be changed throughout all outfits. :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It makes sense to me. I know I’d get pretty irritated if while trying to change a Sim’s hair color, I’d have to go through every single outfit to match the color. So I do get it and definitely prefer it this way.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,641 Member
    edited July 2019
    I created identical twins in my game in CAS along with their parents and younger identical twin brothers, too. After watching Relative Race, recently, I decided to color the hair of the twin that was a romantic interest to my Global Superstar, realizing the game wouldn't allow him to mistake her for her twin. (So much for my plans …)

What I find odd, however, is that sometimes she shows up with her hair cropped very short, whereas normally it's long. She goes back and forth. One must be a wig, as in RL you can't have very short hair in the afternoon, and long hair come that very same evening. :open_mouth: Would that my own hair would grow that fast!

The game has been messed up with many little annoying glitches since the patch and IL, I'm very sorry to say.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    What I find odd, however, is that sometimes she shows up with her hair cropped very short, whereas normally it's long. She goes back and forth. One must be a wig, as in RL you can't have very short hair in the afternoon, and long hair come that very same evening. :open_mouth: Would that my own hair would grow that fast!
    do you use cc? if the hair is official sims content it shouldn't be doing that. I know cc hairs will do that occasionally if you zoom in and out because the original mesh was edited to be either shorter or longer.

in terms of color, the only way to get hair to be a different color for one outfit is to use non-EA swatches (custom content). for example, if you want her to have rose gold hair for her wedding, but black for everyday, a cc piece that uses a different palette from the game's will stick for just that one outfit so long as the other hair colors match in every other outfit.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    It was official EA hair. And yeah I had to use a cc hair to fix it. It's crazy. Like I feel like it didn't used to do that. But they kept taking features back with updates. And the system is bugged.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Also in real life you could use a wig or extensions. Or temp dye. So yeah, you can change your hair color for one outfit. Or hair chalk. It should be like brows, they don't have to match for all outfits. Sims 3 let you choose to have differences for each outfit, and type. Or use the same. It'd only take another toggle.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    edited July 2019
    LSM36 wrote: »
    It was official EA hair. And yeah I had to use a cc hair to fix it. It's crazy. Like I feel like it didn't used to do that. But they kept taking features back with updates. And the system is bugged.

I wish they wouldn't. I remember the feature that was if you had a human male sim and a female alien sim and they had kids together, they could both potentially have kids at the same time. I never got to use it, but I know it was there.

On topic. As far as I know, changing hair color for one outfit has always changed them all.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)