Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What world will you make?

cccccccccccc Posts: 707 New Member
I was thinking of making a tropical island with like 5 Sims only, stranded, but thenI thought that the mail man will always interupt my killings... So thats out of the window :)
So now I´m going to make an under-sea town named Simlantas

Comments

• Options
    catwolf105catwolf105 Posts: 53 New Member
    edited December 2009
    is that even possible???
  • Options
    jeany545jeany545 Posts: 112 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Good one cccccc. Im gonna make a hood like Sim City but without that name. Can u help me. Im gonna send u an invitation k?

P.S I made the plan 4 the neighborhood in Lego Digital Designer :}

k c ya

Thx Will Whright
  • Options
    FredFred Posts: 484 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'll be remaking Strangetown first

But I really like the your idea of a deserted tropical island, I think it would work really well now that we don't have to have lots attached to roads
  • Options
    paco1200paco1200 Posts: 8,648 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'll probably make an island getaway.

i love islands and the beach, its so fun and relaxing!
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to create a surreal town (somehow)
  • Options
    AngelinaAngelina Posts: 56 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Im going to make where i live, its like an estate. With lots of houses, shops and hills
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'll be making a very mountainous, redwood infested island. It will be secluded, but not tropical. I live in the tropical. I hate it.
  • Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i already wrote this in nother thread, but ill be making 2

one is a island paradise for the high rolling type. very similar to resorts in Dubai. with a little bit of Vegas.

the second world will be a fantasy type. based on the Lineage 2 mmorpg. my main family there will be a dark elf family but i plan on including orcs, light elves, humans, and somehow ill figure out a way to make dwarfs.
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Skull Island I think first and then Myface city... I really want to see how uploading photos and using paint programs incorporates into creating your own landscapes. :D
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited December 2009
    tbh, i won't. i'm quite terrible with that kind of stuff. i will download from awesome creators though ;]
  • Options
    TBot411TBot411 Posts: 113 Member
    edited December 2009
    I am going to make a small tropical island, castaways style. I am doing this first to gain experience before attempting something large. Also I want to add a few more lots to the premade neighborhoods.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited December 2009
    What will I make? I might start by make a couple maps that just have the absolute basics on them, just roads, paths, empty lots and terrain. But I will make maps with lots of lots on them, I'm upset that there's a huge amount of land in both Sunset Vally and Riverview that you just can't build anything on. When I do decide to make my own complete town, on my first try, it will be a generic small town, with a few rolling hill, and a river, or maybe an ocean. But in addition to the two dozen or so lots I put stuff on, I put a large number of lots that I will leave empty before uploading. The town will have say, ten community lots, fifteen residential lots, and at least twenty empty lots of all shapes and sizes, assuming it let's me do that. That way, other players will be able to add a many of their own buildings without deleting anything that was in my original design.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,993 Member
    edited December 2009
    By the way, does anyone know the maximum number of lots create a world will allow on one map? Will there be a set limit, or will ii just be as many as you can make fit on the playable area of the map?
  • Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I hope you can have up to 70, that is how many lots I wish to try for. I will have like 21 households to start, maybe about 9 commercial lots with venues, 15 lots with rabbit holes, 12 empty commercial lots, and 13 empty residential lots. There is always rezoning too, I might not need a whole 12 commercial lots, lol.
  • Options
    TBot411TBot411 Posts: 113 Member
    edited December 2009
    "Currently, there won't be any restrictions on the file size of maps, particularly because the editor will compress the maps themselves, but the larger the map, the harder it will be for computers on the lower end of the system requirements to run. Also, the larger the map, the longer it can take to save your creation; I was told that some large, heavily detailed maps can take up to 30 minutes to fully be created." - IGN.com

I think there will be game performance issues with large worlds with a great number of lots. The actual number most likely depends on how good your computer is.
  • Options
    SagittaSagitta Posts: 78 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My first step is going to be to figure out what the scale of the importable image files is compared to the 'real world' then going online to the USGS seamless data site and downloading the village I live in and recreating it as best I can.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to re-create the street that Neighbours is set in. :D
  • Options
    AndijvieAndijvie Posts: 512 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'll probably play around with the tool a bit and then try to build a simple island with lots of trees and big lots for farm-like houses. I also like to make a small village center with a few houses between the stores/community lots. And if it's possible I'll make the island car-free, so only bicycles :)
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    edited December 2009
    I made a little island. The Story is that your sim as been shipwreaked and must survive. Great for Loner Sims, and there is room for a few more survivors around the island if you need some company :)

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1703128

I might make a version 2 of this sometime.
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm creating a tropical island like langkawi! It's in the process now!
  • Options
    LaelynnLaelynn Posts: 79 New Member
    edited December 2009
    once i update and download CAW..im going to create "Four Points Island" This said island will consist of 4 points..like a compass...the centre of town will be a park..and heading north will be some shops and then housing..reaching the far north will be either a school or the Military base..
    To the south of this centre point will be more commercial lots and then again housing...and finishing off at the southern point with either the Science Lab or Stadium..

To the East and west will again Repeat like the North and South..But with again..Either Military base, School..Science Lab..Stadium at the end point... Somewhere in the Middle of town ill place the City Hall...

Other then that...i have a rough idea of how this "hood" will turn out..
  • Options
    basher118basher118 Posts: 1,265 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i'll probably make a town called simmywood
  • Options
    simsAsyrafsimsAsyraf Posts: 262 Member
    edited December 2009
    O my.. Even making a little island is boiling my brains out!! I'm feeling brain died
  • Options
    CarrieHCarrieH Posts: 15
    edited December 2009
    Attempting Bon Temps...which means I'll probably end up bribing my son to do it for me.
  • Options
    shalynn_marieshalynn_marie Posts: 134 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have two ideas :)

One world will be all scary and Im gonna download all the creepy castles/mansions possible from the exhange and inhabit the place with ghosts. All the residents will be really pale with red eyes, cause Im making them all vamps :)

My second world will be like the lunar landscape, and im planning on downloading a bunch of futureistic houses from the exchange. Im planning on filling it with aliens!

Preferably I wish someone else would just make these places cause creatively I suck lmao. I'm just too impatient to wait!