Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Improper Stuff You've Discovered in Your Game?

ARRenschARRensch Posts: 694 Member
So I recently wondered if having two people marry each other at the same time as both of their children would result in married step siblings and I had to test this in curiosity and confirmed that it actually works. Use that information as you want, sickos. ̶e̶a̶ ̶p̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶u̶s̶p̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶d̶

My sim's child also recently made some brownies for a bake sale and when I clicked on them I noticed the option to "add herb" and I may or may not have sold some herb brownies to the neighborhood.

Apparently you can sell a sim's ashes as well- and here I was thinking throwing them in the trash was harsh. Sad you don't make money from it.

Avengers Infinity War spoiler: I had a spiderman sim who got mummy's curse and it wasn't until he turned into sand that I went "WAIT A MINUTE"

So anyway, is there anything slightly improper or morbid or just kind of funny and unexpected that any of you have ever found in your games?
Wearing a gas mask to flex on the coronavirus.

Comments

• Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    All I could think of when I saw this thread title was Mrs. Crumplebottom from TS2, the crabby elderly version who went around making sure everyone was acting "proper" (in public) or else they got hit over the head with her purse. And I never even played TS2, her reputation is so famous that I knew what everyone was talking about whenever she got mentioned. ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @igazor She used to scare me to death! I would worry every time I sent my sims on a date! :#:D
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Oh your OP made me laugh!

I was very disappointed that me playing the game so late in its history has made me miss the bug, making Romantic Interests of any one sim taking a picture with another in the photobooth; no matter them being related in the first place. When reading about it I tried it with the Winchester siblings, but alas, no luck; that bug got fixed quickly! (Patch 50). And yes, I know which mod can make it happen.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    All I could think of when I saw this thread title was Mrs. Crumplebottom from TS2, the crabby elderly version who went around making sure everyone was acting "proper" (in public) or else they got hit over the head with her purse. And I never even played TS2, her reputation is so famous that I knew what everyone was talking about whenever she got mentioned. ;)

That old lady legit assaulted couples from kissing in public. So hilarious ahaha
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    All I could think of when I saw this thread title was Mrs. Crumplebottom from TS2
    Ah yes, Crumplebutt was oft mentioned on the ol' BBS.

The animation where she crawls out of the wishing well during a failed wish for love is seared into my brain. This is also from the same period of time when I was having my Britney Spears phase. These two things do not go well together, and yet they are intrinsically linked in my brain.

So I suppose that's all a bit improper.

In TS3 I had a prom event pop up where my sim spontaneously entered into a romantic relationship with their (still untransformed) imaginary friend, who then proceeded to harass them with multiple love letters a day. It all sounds a bit Freudian to me.

In TS4 I had a sim in the freelance Digital Artist career fail a gig to draw loading screen art. The failure message had a section that went like "Who would get upset about a loading screen?" which was a little bit on the nose.

And, back in TS3, the game decided to use a dog as one of the 'sims' that met up in secret during a detectives stake out. Padding up to the rendezvous point before horrifically stretching onto an Adult Male animation to impart his unholy wisdom and returning to normal soon after. I feel as though the detective learned more than he ever wanted to know.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think the Inappropriate trait tendency and appearantly very strong pull to 'Make an inappropriate forum post', later to 'Check if anyone has answered'; is a very pointed joke on the same line as the one on loading screens in Sims 4.

One thing I discovered with the first sim I played in the political career, was that keeping sims happy then asking for 'Campaign contribution' worked in every situation, including after woohoo; which turned out to be a very successful and quick way to collect the money to advance.
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member

Just the name Crumplebottom made me laugh so hard...but then she started hitting people with her purse and I thought I was going to die laughing!
  • Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    Like, if I was the mother of a teenage girl I might think like, half of the girl teen skirts are a tiny inappropriate irl, but that's just me and if it was irl :lol:

I have noticed that an inordinate amount of female bartenders in my game have ginormous breasts, but I don't particularly think that's inappropriate, just a funny stereotype lol.
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Hey throwing shade on Agnes Crumplebottom is not cool. That poor old lady had a broken heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmLsPexMuc
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Hey throwing shade on Agnes Crumplebottom is not cool. That poor old lady had a broken heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmLsPexMuc

Actually Agnes Crumplebottom (aka Miss Crumplebottom) and Mrs. Crumplebottom are not the same sim but distant relatives.
    https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Mrs._CrumpleBottom
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    Hmm, this is the one I read when researching Agnes and it seems to suggest that she was the harridan! Specifically this:

"By this time in her life, Agnes's emotional pain from her husband's death has caught up to her, and she had transformed into the dreaded Miss Crumplebottom. Because of her distaste for romance, she has become a very old-fashioned, stern, and strict woman who appears to abide by a moral code from the Victorian Era. For example, she detests when two Sims have any romantic interactions in public. When she sees any of these actions taking place on a community lot, she will promptly scold the Sims, smack them, or beat them with her purse."

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Agnes_Crumplebottom

So that is what my story was based on.

The very FIRST couple she beat with her purse was Holly Alto and Parker Langerak as depicted HERE. Agnes was ashamed of herself that time and ran away. However eventually the pain overcame the shame. That's my story anyway. :)
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I remember The Sims2 very well. I think it was so much fun because it was so improper at times. You could actually lock up the Sims You did not like and torture them,lol, or move a ladder and let them drown in the pool to make a ghost. I know that sounds horrible,lol. The Sims4 seems very tame compared with the make out action, flirt actions of Sims2, same with 3, Sims3 was just miserable in the Romance department. I wish they would bring back more of the kooky characters like Crumblebottom , and remember when Ghost were scary. When You really wanted one but as soon as You had one You regretted it because they really did scare You or destroy the house,lol.
  • Options
    ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    Hmm, this is the one I read when researching Agnes and it seems to suggest that she was the harridan! Specifically this:

"By this time in her life, Agnes's emotional pain from her husband's death has caught up to her, and she had transformed into the dreaded Miss Crumplebottom. Because of her distaste for romance, she has become a very old-fashioned, stern, and strict woman who appears to abide by a moral code from the Victorian Era. For example, she detests when two Sims have any romantic interactions in public. When she sees any of these actions taking place on a community lot, she will promptly scold the Sims, smack them, or beat them with her purse."

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Agnes_Crumplebottom

So that is what my story was based on.

The very FIRST couple she beat with her purse was Holly Alto and Parker Langerak as depicted HERE. Agnes was ashamed of herself that time and ran away. However eventually the pain overcame the shame. That's my story anyway. :)

I've seen similar actions by other sims that also have both the Grumpy trait and Hopeless Romantic trait like she does. Grumpy sims like Hotheaded sims can get angry for no reason and at anytime and for any reason.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I remember the loadingscreens for a first kiss in TS2, and also the ones for first woohoo! Then there was the pinch bottom interaction! Hilarious :joy:
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    Like, if I was the mother of a teenage girl I might think like, half of the girl teen skirts are a tiny inappropriate irl, but that's just me and if it was irl :lol:

I have noticed that an inordinate amount of female bartenders in my game have ginormous breasts, but I don't particularly think that's inappropriate, just a funny stereotype lol.

I think it's not just the bartenders, but all the female sims in Bridgeport, in general. Per my understanding, it's supposed to give a vibe of a lot women doing plastic surgeries, because of the celebrity thing that was added with Late Night.