Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lonely in San Myshuno

Whenever I load a lot in San Myshuno, public or private, the streets are full of life at first and there's vendors at the food stalls, as it should be. But as soon as those people leave, the city completely dies out, no one else spawns, even the vendors aren't replaced at the end of their shifts, and my sims living in the Arts Quarter always win at the comedy festival because they're the only ones participating. It's really sad.

As far as I can tell, this does not happen in other worlds. I have a few families living in the upper left neighbourhood of Oasis Springs, where sims keep walking by for my desert vampires to feed on, and the food stall in the middle of the road is almost always occupied. San Myshuno on the other hand is surprisingly empty for a densely populated city. Yes, I do use mods and cc, but before I remove them and risk breaking most of my builds and households as a result, I'd like to ask if anyone else is experiencing this, and what could be done about it.

Comments

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Liveliness is the exact reason I play in San Myshuno so it's a shame to hear your version becomes empty after a while.

I've never experienced this, and I also play with mods and CC. Has it always been this way for you?
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    A long shot: Perhaps moving more sims in might help as sims living in the worlds tend to visit the community lots. One downside is the fact that the sims might not be at home when you intend playing their household. :smile:
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    If you have the MCCC mod you can always adjust how many sims show up on a lot when your visiting also.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Has it always been this way for you?

I don't know, actually. I've been quite the coach potato simmer for the longest time, only playing in my sims' homes and rarely having them go outside except for a jog or to work. But after getting Seasons, I started paying more attention to the surroundings of the house / apartment, and this is what I noticed, if only in San Myshuno.

A long shot: Perhaps moving more sims in might help as sims living in the worlds tend to visit the community lots. One downside is the fact that the sims might not be at home when you intend playing their household. :smile:

I already have seven played families living there, 21 sims in total (not counting unplayed premades that I don't move out unless I need their homes). San Myshuno is actually my fourth most populated sim world after the base game ones.

Linzz wrote: »
    If you have the MCCC mod you can always adjust how many sims show up on a lot when your visiting also.

I don't use MCCC, but based on your answers, and that it doesn't seem to happen to others, my problem might actually be mod-related after all. I'm just wondering which one it could be; 98% of my mods folder is cc, with only very few actual mods.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    Whenever I load a lot in San Myshuno, public or private, the streets are full of life at first and there's vendors at the food stalls, as it should be. But as soon as those people leave, the city completely dies out, no one else spawns, even the vendors aren't replaced at the end of their shifts, and my sims living in the Arts Quarter always win at the comedy festival because they're the only ones participating. It's really sad.

As far as I can tell, this does not happen in other worlds. I have a few families living in the upper left neighbourhood of Oasis Springs, where sims keep walking by for my desert vampires to feed on, and the food stall in the middle of the road is almost always occupied. San Myshuno on the other hand is surprisingly empty for a densely populated city. Yes, I do use mods and cc, but before I remove them and risk breaking most of my builds and households as a result, I'd like to ask if anyone else is experiencing this, and what could be done about it.

I too have this problem in San Myshuno. I find going to game options and adjusting the sim count to 150 helps.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I already have the allowed sim count on the highest setting below unlimited (which is 200 or so?).

And as I said, it doesn't seem to happen like that in other worlds... Really weird. :/
  • Options
    Saunta2Saunta2 Posts: 870 Member

I too have this problem in San Myshuno. I find going to game options and adjusting the sim count to 150 helps.

That's not how the sim count works. It's for sims you don't want the game to cull not townies at large . So you select the households you don't want to be culled and add them to "My Households" and each member goes towards your sim count. It's not the total number of sims allowed.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm...

I am lonely at some specific lots. Sometimes I load a park or community area and there are sims there. Right now I am at the bar in the middle of the night and there is just my sim, one other patron and the bartender. Not a lively scene to say the least.