Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think is the Key Feature of Island Living?

BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
I have to admit I am not in a rush to purchase Island Living. I can't quite determine what this pack will add to my gameplay that will make it stand out. Can those of you that have it please tell me what feature you believe really sets it apart?
Post edited by Bobisbae on

What do you think is the Key Feature of Island Living? 78 votes

Sulani (culture, townies, festivals)
44%
SkewedReality04HejixLaBlue0314IceyJashtonfx899Paigeisin512ayana12wrenstalesfullspiralwormstache999AlbaWaterhouseAngelEb95David-StephensEvaliynsillyangel0906mustenisuzyl3PalmArrowBabySquareJemmaTheSimmer 35 votes
Mermaids
8%
GoldmoldarHimRumiTrimothKscSimmerdreamprisonerRae357Apricus 7 votes
Conservationist Career/Part-Time Careers/Odd Jobs
2%
stilljustme2superkyle221 2 votes
Activities (open swimming, tanning, aqua zips, sandcastles etc
37%
Kamioicmnfrshalan650111applefeather2Isb917BrokenChaos69elanorbretonAngela_4588mjalletOnendOnliYazzieashcrash19sassygray5Francl27mariajane216barbiegoeskinot9229wakeuprosiEnkiSchmidtMDianaSimsPotterheadSim 29 votes
CAS & Build/Buy
6%
sillehbeeAavinaashdctf344domina89PreCiious 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    barbiegoesbarbiegoes Posts: 31 Member
    I love the mermaids! so they are a big bonus, but it is so fun to swim and ride aqu zips etc.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    For me, the best part so far has been Sulani. It genuinely feels like a world with a culture and lifestyle entirely different than any of the others. I do wish that mermaids were a bit more fleshed out, but I got exactly what I wanted from the world. I'm loving having a family of sims with a totally different way of life than my sims have had before.
  • Options
    amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    For me the new swim styles are the main features. I've waited for that for such a long time and now we finally see our sims swim differently than that weird breaststroke.
    11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Conservationist Career/Part-Time Careers/Odd Jobs
    For me it's the new careers -- mainly the conservationist aspect, caring for the environment and seeing the world change in response. But I do like the other career aspects especially the odd jobs; they remind me of the job board we had with Sims 3's University Life, and hopefully this means we'll get a similar feature if/when we get a University pack. I need to start a non-Sulani save to test a few aspects of the odd jobs.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OnendOnliYazzieOnendOnliYazzie Posts: 1,375 Member
    For me I enjoy all the open activities and being able to send my sims to the beach for the day. My sims have enjoyed meeting and making friends with some of the new locals in Sulani and they have tried some of the local delicacies but my current main sims have no real plans for living on the island or trying to save it, but their future children might.
    I love to share my sims stories and hear about others. Got a story you want to share come talk to me!
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Mermaids
    This is coming from a person who unfortunately doesn’t have Island Living(I’m an Xbox player :c) , so my opinion might not be much, but for me it’s mermaids and Sulani itself but I just voted mermaids. I’m into the occult life stages, so of course I like this. Sure, they are definitely not as fleshed out as Vampires, but their still good. And from what I’ve seen, Sulani is beautiful. I’ve always loved the beach, so I’m all for this pack and love MOST things about it. I of course have to wait till July 16 for the Xbox release, then unfortunately have to wait till it gets discounted :(
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Love the careers, having a blast, but the island itself does so much.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    The world is without a shadow of a doubt the winner for me. The size must not be the biggest but the design of it is amazing.
    If it wasn't for the beautiful Sulani, I would have been a lot harsher on my comments about the pack.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.