Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving out only one sim?

My teen just turned in to a young adult. She's ready to move out on her own but when I use her cellphone to move, the whole family is coming with her. How do I move her out by herself? Do I need to go to the world view and "edit household"? That would not be very much fun, I remember in sims 2 where your sim would move out and the whole family would come outside to wish them fair well.... Or have we just gotten rid of that whole thing in sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Moving from phone is apparently a whole household option. It seems Manage Worlds is how you split households manually.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Yes, I think you need to do the "manage households" from the world view. It can be done from top-right or bottom-right corners. I think it's okay doing it this way, but I normally don't want to watch them as they move out, it's more like administrating my world(s) and I want it to be quick :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited June 2019
    These are the little things that I wish sims 4 included. It's what made your sims feel "real," what sims 2 did a much better job of than sims 4 and the over played "emotions." You'd think that with a game that has emotions as it's main element, that a family member moving out would cause some sort of emotion for other household members...
  • Options
    LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    Yeah I was also disappointed when I couldn't just move out a sim from the computer or phone and you also cannot use household funds to purchase a new place for the single sim moving out. I still get upset about this option because once you move someone out they start off with 20,000 and you have to cheat or buy a cheap house when your family has loads of money that you could of use instead.