Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

increase CAS loading times!

if you look in your documents folder inside your sims 3 directory you will see a file called "CASThumbnails.package" thats where all your create a sim options are stored.
what i did was went through ALL hair,clothes,outfits for all genders and age groups(took 1 hour and 30 mins for me) (depends on how much CC or store items you have) dont erase the file ever,next time you load up cas all the items will load super fast!
untitled.png

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    If the thumbnail file is ever erased, such as what one might do when trying to troubleshoot an issue with blank thumbnails that never resolve, the game (CAS in this case) will be much slower for a while until the thumbnail file rebuilds itself. It should catch up eventually, though that can take several game sessions. I can see where selecting every CAS item in turn might speed up a rebuild process a bit or one that never accounted for everything until then. It's the same with the other two thumbnail files there, except those are for downloads and Build/Buy catalog items rather than CAS.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net