Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pregnancy body changes different per sim? Body changes after multiple births?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So I've only had 2 sims get pregnant recently and after reloading a save had the same sim pregnant again for the first time.

What I noticed (lets call her Alice) body changed the same way both times and then she COMPLETELY reverted to her original body shape.

To be fair I didn't change her diet so she didn't add any new weight gain besides pregnancy, but I was surprised that both times she looked exactly the same. I thought it might be more random.

I've seen people post pictures of Sims with MASSIVE body changes during pregnancy and if anything my sim looked skinny pregnant both times.

So I have 3 questions I'm hoping the community can answer based off your experiences with pregnancy that I haven't seen asked after searching.

1. If a Sims has multiple children, say 1 after another does their body appear the same each time their pregnant (I DONT mean after) or have you seen times where they get bigger or smaller then previous pregnancy? Again I mean during the pregnancy when the game automatically changes their body.

2. Has anybody noticed any significant body changes to sims who have had multiple births after pregnancy that the game made by itself that can't be changed without editing in CAS.

3. Is the only way for a sim to gain weight after a pregnancy, is by eating more during pregnancy or will the game automatically sometimes add a few pounds regardless if they eat or exercise more or less during pregnancy?

Basically I'm wondering how much the game actually changes a sims body, how random it is and if it ever makes any permanent changes outside of weight gain like expanding body sliders like you would in CAS?

I'm asking because I want their to be changes in sims bodies like real life, and if the game isn't doing it by random then I might have my sim eat more each time she gets pregnant so that way she gets a little bigger afterwords if not just a little.

What have you noticed?
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have yet to explore the world of Sims4 procreation, but my married couple now have the space to accommodate a family, so as soon as both spouses share the wish, I am ready to go, and am interested in what changes. My pregnant Sim will be one using a masculine body frame, however, so that may skew results.

Edit - in light of your username, I'll add an (entirely off-topic) epigram in Sindarin

Elo! i estel Eldamar
    Naur o Fëanor, calad aur
    No Anor a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 onnin
    Earendil, gil galanwain!

(Yes - I am so much a nerd that I composed original verse for my Elvish Minstrel in LOTRO. :D )
  • Options
    CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    After 4 kids, my sims hips and behind have gotten bigger
    2ynjgg8.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2019
    It depends on the sim. I have had a few gain some weight with their pregnancies, and other not much of a change. One thing I have been really noticing is female sims who work out, their shoulders actually get wider. So I sent them to CAS to see if it was the case using the muscle slider and sure enough, everything gets a whole lot bigger, masculine in shape.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    It depends on the sim. I have had a few gain some weight with their pregnancies, and other not much of a change. One thing I have been really noticing is female sims who work out, their shoulders actually get wider. So I sent them to CAS to see if it was the case using the muscle slider and sure enough, everything gets a whole lot bigger, masculine in shape.

I'm curious, do you mean work out DURING the pregnancy or just have very fit body/high muscle slider going into pregnancy?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Corenren wrote: »

Was this a weight gain or do you think its permanent body shape change (like one that could only be done in CAS)

Also during the 4 pregnancies did you notice a difference during pregnancy for the same sim in their stomach/size expansion? Like was the first time smaller change where the second was much large and third smaller and fourth middle ground - or did they look the same each time outside of the mentioned hips and butt changes after?
  • Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I have yet to explore the world of Sims4 procreation, but my married couple now have the space to accommodate a family, so as soon as both spouses share the wish, I am ready to go, and am interested in what changes. My pregnant Sim will be one using a masculine body frame, however, so that may skew results.

Edit - in light of your username, I'll add an (entirely off-topic) epigram in Sindarin

Elo! i estel Eldamar
    Naur o Fëanor, calad aur
    No Anor a plum onnin
    Earendil, gil galanwain!

(Yes - I am so much a nerd that I composed original verse for my Elvish Minstrel in LOTRO. :D )

Something tells me you might just be as excited for Realms of Magic game pack as me!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    All my sims change after pregnancy, stomaches poke sometimes, chests are bigger and their arms noticeably become thicker.

I think it’s from eating during pregnancy since their eating for two, their hunger declines a lot faster.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    I don't believe the sim's body changes from pregnancy. I think it is due to eating which cause them to gain weight. I have had female sims who don't have kids and gained a little weight overtime without exercising.
  • Options
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Something tells me you might just be as excited for Realms of Magic game pack as me!

Supernatural is the EP that sold me on TS3, so yes, indeed!
    HimRumi wrote: »
    All my sims change after pregnancy, stomaches poke sometimes, chests are bigger and their arms noticeably become thicker.

I think it’s from eating during pregnancy since their eating for two, their hunger declines a lot faster.

One of my Sims is Culinary, so I have to watch their weight and fitness anyway. But I have a pretty good handle on weight changes from diet, so I ought to be able to factor that out during pregnancy. I can't see my Sim on the weights bench while preggers, but I plan on Yoga and Swimming Laps to keep fit - if it doesn't overtax an elder, it should be fine on my Sim. :)
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    The Sim's body changes similar to how women do IRL for pregnancy, at least that is what I have found via gameplay. This is playing with sims of all different body shapes/types. Had sims that went back to the same look as before baby and others with a wider hip look or a larger chest. This also can happen IRL, so I found this game mimics very well what really does happen to women IRL.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Corenren wrote: »

Was this a weight gain or do you think its permanent body shape change (like one that could only be done in CAS)

Also during the 4 pregnancies did you notice a difference during pregnancy for the same sim in their stomach/size expansion? Like was the first time smaller change where the second was much large and third smaller and fourth middle ground - or did they look the same each time outside of the mentioned hips and butt changes after?

it looks different each time as far as I can see also there was a point where I did need to go into cas for one of my male sims working out just didn't seem to get him back to like new again but this was after many babies I wouldn't want it changed though I think its a nice touch
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had a sim who was pretty fit but gotten huge during her pregnancy (she only had one baby, a boy) and lost the weight but certain areas did seem to get a bit larger/wider after she gave birth. She was my Vampire sim who married Celeb.

Another sim just stayed pretty slim during most the pregnancy and was hard to tell she was pregnant.

I like how each pregnancy for sims is different.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I have some that it shows they had kids they have different body shapes from when I made them like gained weight. Then I have some that are really skinny and after kids they are still skinny.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I have some that it shows they had kids they have different body shapes from when I made them like gained weight. Then I have some that are really skinny and after kids they are still skinny.

Hm...I wonder what influences this, is it just random or is it based on pre-existing body size or traits? Or just totally random.

Have you ever had a skinny sim, have a baby, be skinny after then have a baby and NOT be skinny the second time?

I keep asking this second question because if the answer is generally no - then it means there is something more at play that is deciding what or why certain sims change and others don't. If the answer is yes then it is just random.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I find it depends on the sim. I've had Sims that their bodies "snap right back" so to speak after each pregnancy, I have Sims who become slightly curvier after a pregnancy but overall maintain their weight and I have had Sims who gain a lot with each pregnancy and have a really hard time shedding the extra weight and some never do. In one of my current saves Morgan Fyers fits this. She's had 3 kids and has become quite chubby despite gym trips and frequent jogs between pregnancies. Not that it matters, her hubby is crazy about her anyway, and is frankly developing a bit of a spread himself these days. :)
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    It really is random, but I notice changes more quickly the "older" they are. My adult sims already put on a little weight, but they tend to definitely hold some pregnancy weight, while my YA sims frequently go right back to their old shape. If you want to have a little more realism, I would download KawaiiStacie's Food=Calories Mod or there is another similar mod on MTS. I use the Food=Calories and I wouldn't play without it.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited June 2019

Hm...I wonder what influences this, is it just random or is it based on pre-existing body size or traits? Or just totally random.

Have you ever had a skinny sim, have a baby, be skinny after then have a baby and NOT be skinny the second time?

I keep asking this second question because if the answer is generally no - then it means there is something more at play that is deciding what or why certain sims change and others don't. If the answer is yes then it is just random.
    No they are still skinny like I had a sim have 4 kids and she was skinny and I tend not to care what they eat when they are pregnant. I mean is this skinny for you after twin? 😂
    18527134_474213939588616_7276085298008977999_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmXloXY7CS7X5m1V9bYUs9KKJsAmm6qr_b3YyQf4Nv286rHoQD1yiWv5xFn5noPEwg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=fe21962c9eb578f00c3440a96a623002&oe=5D7C13A0

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Avery only got huge in the belly. He also seemed to snap back after delivery, if with slightly less definition. He ate a LOT, but it was all carrots, one garden salad, and one piece of sugar-free carob coconut cake, courtesy of the culinary hubby.

J3di3FA.png
  • Options
    Avery only got huge in the belly. He also seemed to snap back after delivery, if with slightly less definition. He ate a LOT, but it was all carrots, one garden salad, and one piece of sugar-free carob coconut cake, courtesy of the culinary hubby.

Hm...sort of unrelated but I don't think it matters what type of food you eat just how much. Does it? Like the game doesn't actually have calories for the food does it?

I know there is a mod that adds calories but for it to exist I'm assuming eating cake all the time without the mod wouldn't be any different then if a sim eats salads?
  • Options
    No, different recipes, BASE GAME, have differing calorie counts. One serving of Rack of Lamb is a lot more than Fruit and Yogurt Parfait. Cake all the time will definitely gain weight faster. I have had my Sims go "soft-body" from too-rich diets. It is definitely a thing.
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    No, different recipes, BASE GAME, have differing calorie counts. One serving of Rack of Lamb is a lot more than Fruit and Yogurt Parfait. Cake all the time will definitely gain weight faster. I have had my Sims go "soft-body" from too-rich diets. It is definitely a thing.

Yes, Carl's Sims has a list of the calorie count on foods: https://carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=22051.msg392533#msg392533
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    Avery has grown his hair out, but is still totally svelte. This is at most hours after delivery.

Q09FebM.png

Yes, those are girl pants. Don't judge. ;)
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I think it depends on the Sim. I'm playing the 100 Baby Challenge. My first matriarch was super skinny before getting pregnant and probably by her 5th pregnancy she started to pack on the pounds. She had 13 kids in her generation....I got her dog, had her jog with the dog & she was able to lose some of the baby fat, but not all of it.

But then my 2nd matriarch, she didn't gain any weight after multiple pregnancies. She stayed thin and reverted back to her original size. I'm now on my 3rd matriarch and she actually gained weight after her 1st child. She's on kid 7, and is a bit on the heavy side.

I actually like how this is in game, as it's similar to real life. Every woman is different.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    My vampire sim wasn't skinny before, but her hips and belly are bigger after her second pregnancy. She only eats plasma packs and plasma fruit salad and occasionally drinks from sims... I have no idea how fattening any of that is supposed to be.

Her mother had 5 pregnancies, 4 sets of twins, but never seemed to gain permanent weight from it. She got bigger eventually because of all the birthday cakes and fancy foods she was making while maxing out both cooking skills, but not from the pregnancies themselves.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

Hm...sort of unrelated but I don't think it matters what type of food you eat just how much. Does it? Like the game doesn't actually have calories for the food does it?

I know there is a mod that adds calories but for it to exist I'm assuming eating cake all the time without the mod wouldn't be any different then if a sim eats salads?

calories for the food does it?
    yes it does
    more for sim kids and more drama please