Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay so I fixed my "run away FPS" but now when my laptops plugged in it spikes again

So thank you guys for helping me cap my fps by adjusting stuff within the nvida control panel. I was playing and everything was fine then I plugged in my laptop and my fans sped up a ton and I checked my fps and they were 100-160! I unplugged it and they went back down. What do I do now?

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I don't think any of us realized that you were playing while on battery power before. That would likely explain why you were getting such low fps rates and things seemed laggy and sluggish, a laptop on battery power will throttle high energy consuming applications so the game was likely running under specific low power conditions. You can probably adjust that within the laptop's power/energy control panel, but then your battery will drain much faster. The games are meant to be played on a device that is plugged in.

When on full power if the fps rates are going that high then you have not effectively capped them. The Nvidia Control Panel is the place to start, but did you then add Nvidia Inspector and set the frame rate limit to 60 explicitly as previously described?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I don't think any of us realized that you were playing while on battery power before. That would likely explain why you were getting such low fps rates and things seemed laggy and sluggish, a laptop on battery power will throttle high energy consuming applications so the game was likely running under specific low power conditions. You can probably adjust that within the laptop's power/energy control panel, but then your battery will drain much faster. The games are meant to be played on a device that is plugged in.

When on full power if the fps rates are going that high then you have not effectively capped them. The Nvidia Control Panel is the place to start, but did you then add Nvidia Inspector and set the frame rate limit to 60 explicitly as previously described?

I’ll download inspector next
  • Options
    fatbat21fatbat21 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Got it fixed thank you so much for the help @igazor