Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Windenburg could look like by today's standards

SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
Here's a somewhat small edit I made to Windenburg's map to show how it could look like with only about 15 lots. (Which I guess is the standard of this game these days.) I originally tried to go for 14 lots, but I couldn't figure out what lot to remove last, so yeah.

0Y6bC93.png

Would you have survived, or could you survive, with only around 15 lots in Windenburg? In the game it has 27 lots.

Comments

• Options
    ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    Absolutely not, haha. Windenburg is one of my most-played worlds and I have, no joke, used every single one of the lots in one save or another. I adore Windenburg and how many lots there are. The whole atmosphere is amazing though the "feel" of every distinct part of the map is so different that you don't really feel bored playing in multiple locations. The same cannot be said for places like Newcrest, Oasis Springs, Willow Creek and Forgotten Valley.

Del Sol Valley has a different feel per place but there's like 6 residential lots, some of which already inhabited by "iconic" premade sims... so it's not like you can experience different parts of the world like Windenburg.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Man, this just makes me sad that we haven't gotten a world with +20 lots in ages :-(
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited June 2019
    I never play in Windenburg anyway, so I'd be fine if it only had one lot. :D
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    edited June 2019
    Aw, man, I thought someone had photoshopped Windenburg Island and harbour district with open water when you said "by today's standards". Would like to see that, even if it's only fake.

About your question, cut the park and cafe lot from the harbour district and paste it into the historic city center and we're fine.
  • Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    Don't worry, EA would still find a way to make this world smaller

uZtI81d.png
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I don't see what's so "big" or unique about Windenburg. In fact, its the worst world for living in. The lots downtown are only suited for homes that match the overall style of Windenburg and the other lots are few.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I like Windenburg as a world but dislike a lot of the premade lots. I like the island more than the mainland.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I love Windenburg and it’s gorgeous and everything but to be honest I haven’t played there in a while. I feel like I overplayed that world when we used to get only one EP a year so I think I should revisit it. I think if they made all worlds that size it’d start to get laggy.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member

uZtI81d.png
    That was uncomfortable to look at.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited June 2019
    We would have survived just fine because we wouldn't have the larger version we ended up with to compare it to. We might have still been upset at the size, but we wouldn't really know what we were missing, so we'd move on.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I don't even have Get Together :D
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would've been fine with it. For me it's not really about the number of lots, I've never really been stressed for housing space. But I do think the quality of WB hasn't been matched by any world released subsequently and I feel like it probably never will be.

In fact, its the worst world for living in.

Thank you. I will have to keep this fact in mind the next time I foolishly and willingly decide to play there~
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    I would've been fine with it. For me it's not really about the number of lots, I've never really been stressed for housing space. But I do think the quality of WB hasn't been matched by any world released subsequently and I feel like it probably never will be.

In fact, its the worst world for living in.

Thank you. I will have to keep this fact in mind the next time I foolishly and willingly decide to play there~

:D keep doing you
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Thanks for sharing your opinion! I don't play Windenburg often. I play on rotation and only have one family there on the island. therefore, I don't relate or share your sentiments. I understand there are other's who share your opinion.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Here's a somewhat small edit I made to Windenburg's map to show how it could look like with only about 15 lots. (Which I guess is the standard of this game these days.) I originally tried to go for 14 lots, but I couldn't figure out what lot to remove last, so yeah.

0Y6bC93.png

Would you have survived, or could you survive, with only around 15 lots in Windenburg? In the game it has 27 lots.

Yes I only use one or two lots per world anyways. Some save files I only have one family so I'm only using one lot in the whole game. But I do have one save file where I use four Lots in a single world
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm thinking that the only game play you get with GT is the club system (which i absolutely love) and a bunch of lots to make up for the rest? Other EP's or what not got a lot more in depth mechanics going on there for a few less lots? speculation...
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don't see what's so "big" or unique about Windenburg. In fact, its the worst world for living in. The lots downtown are only suited for homes that match the overall style of Windenburg and the other lots are few.
    only reason I used it loads is the island tbh I would not complain if they got rid of everything else :lol: I just want worlds with no house shells even if it means small worlds
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member

uZtI81d.png

A year later they are trying to sell us a stuffpack with the island in it. Useable only when you have Get together already. The pack also comes with wallpaint, floors and CAS items matching the Windenburg style and it can neither be proven nor dispoven that it is material cut from the original EP. That won't stop followers of either hypothesis from selling theirs as the truth.

The island is my favorite neighborhood in Windenburg. I don't know where my elf legacy or many a castaway short challenge had been without it. If it had never existed I'd probably yell for a Solitude lot trait a lot.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    I'd be mad but I get it. I'll take deeper game play over lots if that's the sacrifice we have to make. As long as though lots never become dead like the so-called hot spots in Sims 3.