Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Executing an Idea.. Is it even possible?

I love this forum, it's full of creative people who share beautiful sims, amazing homes and landscapes and all their wonderful ideas. I am NOT very creative but have been toying with an idea for a while now to make a beautiful home on the largest land lot (even if it means bulldozing the remade one there). My idea is to use items from EVERY single pack I have which is ALL of them. I have spent a fortune on this game but feel I've only bought for the sake of owning it all (I hate the little greyed out icons, really messes with me like I'm missing out). I barely use the stuff packs and feel like if I can find a way to utilise this, I'll find value in my money. I am refraining from purchasing Island Living until I am sure that it's not gonna be an on the whim sort of buy (hence my need to find value for money between now and the 21st!). I am just wondering if there's any hints/tips/ideas or examples online or on the gallery that you fellow simmers could share with me so I can get the creativity flowing?
Antonia Louise <3

Comments

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,493 Member
    I would say that, as you build and decorate, go down to the filter and select each pack in turn, one at a time, and choose some things to use on that lot. This might also help you to familiarize with things that you really like from each pack, and see anything that you previously missed. For example, you could use Movie Hangout for a living set, Cool Kitchen for the kitchen counters, Fitness Stuff for an exercise room, Romantic Garden for a part of the yard, as well as Backyard Stuff, Perfect Patio for the back porch, Kids Room for a child's bedroom, Vintage Glamour for the boudoir, etc. Even if you just use a pack to furnish a part of a room or area, you would still be looking through and utilizing a piece of everything.

In a way, it's like a build challenge. You could even use a premade house (or multiple houses) and use this method to refurnish and redecorate and landscape, but you wouldn't have to build the whole house. In fact, I might try this out myself with the premade houses, lol.

Good luck to you! :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    Hi @LiELF! Thanks so much for your response and your idea. I never thought of "making over" the pre-mades. I think I am gonna start there. A new game for the sake of simply redecorating and updating the looks of all the original homes and sims starting with the first world. Once I am done, I'll use Magnolia Promenade and Newcrest as my spots to build and create wonderful homes once I have whittled done the items I like from the packs! I hope you have fun with your redecorating.
    Antonia Louise <3
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited June 2019
    @AntoniaBaybee

I cannot build for toffee in any series so I would head over to the DNA builders thread and ask for someone who is fantastic at it to build my dream creation :)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I love this forum, it's full of creative people who share beautiful sims, amazing homes and landscapes and all their wonderful ideas. I am NOT very creative but have been toying with an idea for a while now to make a beautiful home on the largest land lot (even if it means bulldozing the remade one there). My idea is to use items from EVERY single pack I have which is ALL of them. I have spent a fortune on this game but feel I've only bought for the sake of owning it all (I hate the little greyed out icons, really messes with me like I'm missing out). I barely use the stuff packs and feel like if I can find a way to utilise this, I'll find value in my money. I am refraining from purchasing Island Living until I am sure that it's not gonna be an on the whim sort of buy (hence my need to find value for money between now and the 21st!). I am just wondering if there's any hints/tips/ideas or examples online or on the gallery that you fellow simmers could share with me so I can get the creativity flowing?

Looks like their sales method is working as planned :D

Anyway, I am not sure what kind of ideas you are looking for in connection with your house idea. Can you explain a little further? You mean you want to create one family with a giant house and use it for all packs??
    The way I do it, I play generations and eventually there are so many different personalities. When a new pack comes along, i can always find a way to fit one of my households in.
  • Options
    AntoniaBaybeeAntoniaBaybee Posts: 160 Member
    I guess I could have explained a little better - all my builds are the same, have the same shape, same items, same colours, same style of sims living inside. I feel like I am not using the game to it's full potential and I have so many ideas I just don't know if they are possible. What I wanted to do is create a beautiful big home complete with products from every pack to ensure that there was something from each one, however, upon reflection and from the first response, I feel that task is too much for right now so I have just decided to create a new game, renovate, redecorate and update the premade houses and sims. I have just finished updating the Pancakes home and now gonna update the sims. I have uploaded my updated version to the gallery as I am not sure how to upload the images here or if this is the correct place to upload them on the forum.
    Antonia Louise <3