Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[ANSWERED!] Does parenthood still have this issue?

DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
With the current sale I am super tempted to buy parenthood.

However, what bugs me about the pack more than anything, is kids making giant messes in public venues, always giving sims bad environment moodlets. :( Has this issue been patched since I've seen it happen? Or does parenthood still create such unsightly scenes? It's really a dealbreaker for me. πŸ˜“

rvLgNQ2.png

EDIT: YES the issue has indeed been patched, neat!
Visit me on the gallery! 😊
EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
Post edited by DinowCookie on

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    The last time I sent my Sim child to the park, there were no messes in the playground. That could've been a fluke, though. Or due to the fact that in the entire time she was there (several Sim hours), only one (1) other kid showed up.
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 that's a good sign. Hopefully someone can tell me whether there's been an actual patch. Your comment seems promising! 😁
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Outside I don't notice that much, but it's a lot of mess when at home. To me it isn't a problem, I find it somehow realistic, but it does happen very often.
  • Options
    @telmarina I don't mind it happening the odd few times at home, it's a good opportunity for parents to do actual parenting.
    But when NPC kids make messes outside in public locations, and a lot of it too, it really bothers me. πŸ˜…

Glad you don't notice as much outside either. Sounds like it isn't all that bad now! I'll see if I can find a patch log or something.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I'm positive this was patched within the past 3-5 months. I'm certain it was in the patch notes.
  • Options
    SiomneSiomne Posts: 43 Member
    Not the park but the house, my little monsters were painting the floor in every color imaginable and it irritated me. This was recently too.
  • Options
    @MidnightAura that's awesome then! I may try and find the actual patch notes for a bit longer. πŸ˜“ They're a pain to browse!
    Thank you, this has me quite confident about buying the pack. 😁
  • Options
    @Siomne if it's my sims's own kids I don't mind nearly as much as I am responsible for those little buggers πŸ˜‚ I just don't want random NPC ones wrecking my sims's day at the park! ;D
  • Options
    I haven't played the Sims 4 for a while but it was better, it used to be every kid making messes but I think the last time I played it was only one child that made a mess.

Parenthood is a good pack. I recommend it.
  • Options
    @DinowCookie

According to the patch notes it was fixed Dec 18th 2018:
    REJOICE! Children can once again play on the monkey bars without the compelling need to halt their monkey bar activities to make a mess. Yes, that’s right Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Player, children are free! Free to play! Free to climb, swing, and do whatever it is that children do on the monkey bars. The draw, the compulsion, the absolute need to end their activity to make a mess has finally come to a close. So rejoice! And let your kids climb, until they can climb no more.
  • Options
    @MidnightAura THANKS! I had literally just found it and was about to make a comment saying the exact same thing.
    That's great, now I can purchase the pack without nightmares of messed up parks. 😁 Appreciate the help. πŸ’—
  • Options
    @DinowCookie

According to the patch notes it was fixed Dec 18th 2018:
    REJOICE! Children can once again play on the monkey bars without the compelling need to halt their monkey bar activities to make a mess. Yes, that’s right Mr. and Mrs. John Q. Player, children are free! Free to play! Free to climb, swing, and do whatever it is that children do on the monkey bars. The draw, the compulsion, the absolute need to end their activity to make a mess has finally come to a close. So rejoice! And let your kids climb, until they can climb no more.

Best. patch fix. EVER.
  • Options
    SiomneSiomne Posts: 43 Member
    @DinowCookie Hmm it may because of mods for me, but in Oasis Springs park the kids always leave huge messes of paint. Think that was over 2 months ago while I was working on my Extreme Homeless Challenge.
  • Options
    @MidnightAura THANKS! I had literally just found it and was about to make a comment saying the exact same thing.
    That's great, now I can purchase the pack without nightmares of messed up parks. 😁 Appreciate the help. πŸ’—

You are welcome!
    Enjoy Parenthood!
  • Options
    Purchased! Thanks everyone πŸ’—

I got laundry day as well 😊 successful sale!
  • Options
    Purchased! Thanks everyone πŸ’—

I got laundry day as well 😊 successful sale!

Tip for Laundry Day: Beware the dryer....
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 thanks for the tip! I've watched an "all deaths in Sims 4" video earlier and I've seen what it can do. πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 thanks for the tip! I've watched an "all deaths in Sims 4" video earlier and I've seen what it can do. πŸ˜‚

What surprised/infuriated me is how easily it can happen, though. I cleaned the lint tray a lot, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Four of my Sims and a dog still caught on fire, and one of those Sims died.
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 really? ;-; May just use a laundry line thingy then! Yikes!
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 really? ;-; May just use a laundry line thingy then! Yikes!

*nod* My beloved Legacy heiress, cut down in her YA prime, when she went into the laundry room to extinguish her daughter. ;-;
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 aaah that's just too sad ;-; did her daughter make it though?
  • Options
    @SimQueenie9 aaah that's just too sad ;-; did her daughter make it though?

She did. :)