Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Singing Career

JayGloverJayGlover Posts: 60 Member
edited May 2019 in Gameplay Mods
Hey,

Those of you that have Get Famous will know how amazing the EP is but I was really looking forward to the singing career having more depth such as signing to a record label, a recording studio with a booth, able to make your own tracks which you’re able to put together and make an album, do interviews, magazine covers and even go on a local/world tour etc as a way to make money and gain a fanbase which you’re able to name

Which comes to my question: does such mod exist? Or is anyone aware of a mod being made currently? Or are we able to request somebody to make it?

Thoughts?
Post edited by JayGlover on

Comments

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited May 2019
    JayGlover wrote: »
    Hey,

Those of you that have Get Famous will know how amazing the EP is but I was really looking forward to the singing career having more depth such as signing to a record label, a recording studio with a booth, able to make your own tracks which you’re able to put together and make an album, do interviews, magazine covers and even go on a local/world tour etc as a way to make money and gain a fanbase which you’re able to name

Which comes to my question: does such mod exist? Or is anyone aware of a mod being made currently? Or are we able to request somebody to make it?

Thoughts?

Have you ever heard of Sacrificial's Road to Fame mod? http://sims4studio.com/post/85791

Scroll ALL the way down to the BOTTOM of the page to where it says download. Just make sure you extract the mod into its own separate folder. You can put this folder right into your Mods folder, but it needs to be by itself, apparently. While you won't have a studio with a booth, per se, you can utilize the music making machine. Once your Sim reaches 100/100 hit points they'll be invited to hold a concert. If your Sim is a teen, like mine is, the only concert option that will work is the 'away'. This sends your Sim into a rabbit hole, as does working on an album, which your Sim can do once they reach level 4 (I think) of the Professional Singer skill). I tend to send my Sim to record 5 songs at a time for §2500. I do this three times in succession, because making an album requires 15 songs in the Sims' inventory. Then you send your Sim back (again rabbit hole) to work on an album. In order to release that album, your Sim will make another trek to the studio. But, a pop-up will allow you to give it a title. :)

Through this mod, your Sim will gain fame. You'll have to make sure you also have your Sim do the
    Fame+ interactions from GF. I try to keep my Sims' stars equal using MCCC. He had only just received his second star of fame via GF, but skipped through that to superstar in RTF lightning fast. I cheated him up to Proper Celebrity, wanting him to ear the Global Superstar on his own. That way when he receives his "star" for the walk-of-fame, it'll have more meaning.

The modeling career is part of this mod. Your Sim will be asked to be on the cover of thus and so magazine. When they are a YA they can have the photographers come to where the Sim is located to do the photo shoot. Otherwise, it's a rabbit hole. Paparazzi are way more fun with this mod, too. And fans, as well. Your Sim will be asked if they'll give an exclusive interview for §500. Which is fun, too. This mod also comes with it's own option to throw a Fan Meet & Greet, but that doesn't preclude you for doing the Event from GF. You'll need to find venues in the Gallery #RTF and use the special combination karaoke/mic that comes with the mod. This will allow your Sim to record song, once they're written or purchased. And most especially when they're a YA, this allows for them to perform a concert.

Fans. Don't misstake the obsessive fan for the Stan, should your Sim acquire one. I did so my first go-around. This obsessed fan is special. This makes for some interesting gameplay, I must say. The obsessed fan tried to kiss my singer Sim!

rUtV5z4.jpg

TDRFyM6.jpg

IrLtjdJ.jpg

tta4qQz.jpg

Here's the device which can be found in Electronics under radio:

DjLd0M8.jpg

They work fine, but like all other objects in Sims, sometimes they give out. My singer had to pause his concert in order to fix the machine. After all, the show must go on …

As you can probably tell, I love this mod. I can't say enough good things about it. This is probably as close to what you want as you may get.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/