Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't travel while on a DATE?!

I am now playing Miko Ojo and Akira Kibo and am trying to get them to finish off the date requirements for their aspirations (Miko, the serial and Akira, the soulmate) but I seem to have hit a snag. Now it has been a while I had my Sims go on a date but I usually have them go to more than one place while on a date. For instance, first to a restaurant and then maybe to a nightclub or a bar or a karaoke bar (or any other venue) and then the date ends at home. Or from restaurant and then home. BUT now I can't. The game doesn't let me travel because a 'social event is active' and they are stuck at the restaurant. I have even tried to hit M letter and no go. I had to end the date early to get them home.

The date didn't start via the phone as they live together and they weren't at home. They were at a Karaoke bar when one of them asked the other for a date AND the travelling did happen automatically and I had them start a date at a restaurant and then was going to take them home and end the date there but...

Anyone else having this issue? I have no mods but a lot of CC (furnitures and deco mainly) and I am quitting to repair my game. See if that helps...

Comments

• Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Far as I've experienced when you on a date (or any "event") you cannot leave til it's over. They usually generate your aims on the lot type you go to. Bars and museums are usually talking and socializing where restaurants specifically do interactions with food.

The work around is just inviting them out, then there's no actual event goals to follow so you can travel around
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You've never been able to travel to multiple locations when on a date. If you just have them in a group, you can, but any event (such as a date or a party) is locked to that location.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Really? Wow. My memory is not as good as it used to be :disappointed: Thanks guys. I'll just do the hangout thing after the date then. I guess it was just normal hangouts I did.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited May 2019
    I’ve also been frustrated by this in the past. It’s impossible to go bar-hopping or go for a walk in the park after dinner.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I think I have always taken my couple somewhere else after the official date is concluded.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Really? Wow. My memory is not as good as it used to be :disappointed: Thanks guys. I'll just do the hangout thing after the date then. I guess it was just normal hangouts I did.

You could also start another date to a new location as soon as it ends, work on that soulmate/serial romancer aspiration.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Yeah, I'm always forgetting that you can't leave a location until the date (or other activity) is through. So I'll plan out the date in my head (dinner and a movie, then drinks after), and always get stuck on the dinner lot. lol
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I've always found this particularly annoying considering there were no restrictions on changing lots during dates in 2 and 3. In 2 your Sims could even get wants to change venue or go home to continue the date there.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif