Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game seeing sim as pregnant, but she is not

Ok, this just started this evening. I had created a sim previously and want to use her in a new game. She is not and has never been pregnant. But when I load her into CAS for the new game, the game sees her as pregnant. I've never experienced this before and it makes no difference which of my sims I try to use. I have deleted the cache file, started a whole new TS4 folder and repaired the game. But it has made no difference. Any thoughts?

Mylita
No friends requests, please.

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If you use cheats you can delete the moodlet. But if you have UI Cheats Extension mod, you can just right click it (double click on my laptop).
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    This is in CAS before I ever get into my game and it will not allow me to change anything about my sim while there. I haven't tried taking her as is into the game and seeing if I can do as you suggest. Maybe I will try that eventually. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mylita
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    You know, she could just appear fat. *shrugs* I dunno.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    It isn't a matter of looking fat. When I start a brand new game in CAS, it does not let me change anything about the sim, as if I had been in the game proper and brought her into CAS through Shift/Click on the sim. Can't change her appearance in anyway except changing the clothes she wears. It says it is because she is pg, but she isn't and never has been. Maybe I'm not explaining this properly.

Mylita
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    are you using mods ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    No mods, but cc. And in this whole new TS4 game, not using any cc didn't change things at all.

Mylita
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    why not let her have the baby age it up and delete it and do what you want with your sim
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    You could try taking her into Live mode and doing resetsim on her; then take her back into CAS with the cheat 'cas.fulleditmode' and see if that makes a difference?
  • Options
    Thanks for your suggestions, loubyloulou. It didn't work. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. /sigh

Mylita
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    Mylita wrote: »
    Thanks for your suggestions, loubyloulou. It didn't work. I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. /sigh

Mylita

That's a pity, and weird too. I did google to see if anybody else had the issue or if there was a bug report open on AHQ but I didn't find anything. Maybe time to create one?
  • Options
    nikki_maevenikki_maeve Posts: 117 Member
    Try using the cheat "stats.set_stat commodity_pregnancy 100" and see if she has the baby. If she does, you can delete it- if not, it may still assume she had it and remove the appearance/moodlet.
  • Options
    The problem with all of this is, this is sim I make to build a house and then I'm done with her. I don't 'play' the game. She has never had a relationship in the game at all or done anything. In essence, I'm just building, but I like to make her look differently and change her name for each new building session. There's no baby to give birth to. However, I started a whole new sim and that seems to have succeeded. Thank you all for your help!

Mylita
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I've never had this bug per se, but I've had other bugs that were essentially unfixable. I ultimately re-created the Sim by making her twin in CAS, applying the same outfits, and then cheating the skills, relationships, and aspirations she'd already completed. It was a pain.

Glad to hear making a new Sim worked out for you.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.