Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there some trick to using an Aqua-Sled?

tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
All I see of them is that they're stuck in the inventory of several sims, those are ones that weren't bought so I'd love to have them gone, but the issue is the one I've bought, my sim can't use. He had the option to board boat from the deck of a houseboat (clicked on from his relationship panel where it shows he has a negative relationship with it, it failed) and lost the option as soon as he was on land. He also can't sell it from inventory. The others with stuck ones can't either. Anyone successfully using Aqua-Sleds? How?
My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
Send me a friend request for Simport

Comments

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    They do tend to be kind of glitchy. But if they get stuck in inventory, I use NRaas Master Controller to delete them from the sim's inventory and buy them a new one. I don't know of any other way to get rid of them when that happens.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    They do tend to be kind of glitchy. But if they get stuck in inventory, I use NRaas Master Controller to delete them from the sim's inventory and buy them a new one. I don't know of any other way to get rid of them when that happens.

Yep. That's how you get rid of stuck personal inventory items - like the pager from the medical career or something like that.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2019
    In unmodded game and with the white camera (UL), these resets works for me:

In Edit Town move the affected sim into another household; exit Edit Town; press play, pause, back to Edit Town and move them back into original household. No need to switch to the other household.

Evict whole family in Edit Town and directly without exiting ET move them back in; exit ET.

Travel through a screen (WA)

I always sell any vehicles so I have never have them get stuck, but have read reports to unselect 'favourite', and to make the sim use them, by selecting an appropriate place and area for the particular vehicle and 'go here'; and then stop - hopefully they loosen by that.

Edit: Actually, the 'play/pause' is probably just habit, I think it is the moving out of the container/moving back in, that does the trick.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    Thx, I don't have UL...well...I did buy it, and it's registered, but it won't show on Origin...lol, but I will try some of those tricks.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh, I just meant that the camera, that comes with UL and that every sim has one of in their personal inventory; usually gets stuck - especially after playing for awhile and then switching household. Those tricks is how I get the camera object to loosen; so that it can be sold or moved from inventory. Wishes are lost when evicting (there will be a notice about it before), so travelling is perhaps a better first try, if you want the sims to keep those.

Edit: I do not have Origin, so cannot help you with that, sorry.