Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Curious Chronicles: A New SimLit (Updated 5/31/19)

Hi all!

I finally did it! I started a blog for my SimLit. I'm still very new to this but I've got four chapters to start and two in the bank. My plan is to update weekly on Sundays. I'm aiming for at least a chapter a week, but I may do more depending on how it goes. I'll post updates on the forum whenever a new chapter is ready. I'm such a fan of so many writers on this forum and I'm kind of excited to jump in!

About The Curious Chronicles

Stories collide in The Curious Chronicles when a group of regular Sims stumble upon a supernatural world they never knew existed. Along the way they find love and secrets.

And they learn the lengths we will go to for both.

The mysterious young man on the run from his past and the celebrity who finds herself haunted by a persistent ghost - The carefree non-profit director who finally begins to understand herself - The Social Media Queen who finds a love that thaws her heart, and fights to keep it - The hard-boiled detective and the ambitious journalist who refuse to let a cold case go - The aging vampire, his estranged son, and the woman who gave up everything for love - The teacher on a mission

Each of them is just making their way in their own separate story. Or are they?

About my SimLit

2018 was a really stressful year and I decided that doing creative stuff with my nerdy <3 hobbies would be the best act of self-care I could do. This is based on a bunch of stories I already played out with my Sims so it's inspired by my game but what's on the blog is definitely story-driven with posed shots.

There is nothing explicit but it definitely has adult language and themes. If I cover anything specifically dark, I will post a trigger warning. But mostly, it's just good, saucy, paranormal fun. Oh and colorful language lol.

I hope you all enjoy!

Blog Link: https://simmiestories.home.blog/ or start reading Chapter 1.

Dark Family Comedy & Paranormal Romance

r0AD3AN.jpg
Post edited by FeroshaCoutora on

Comments

• Options
    QueeniePieQueeniePie Posts: 52 Member
    I really like your story so far! I can't wait to read more. Take care, as I hope that this year is treating you well! :)
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I’m following! Love your writing. Hope you keep it up!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    FeroshaCoutoraFeroshaCoutora Posts: 142 Member
    Thank you guys! I am really enjoying it. I’m so flattered that you like it. I’ve got a bunch of chapters written, I just have to screenshot them (lol the hardest part for me).

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 5 is up! Read it here.

2kjOcV7.png

Zoe has a dream. More of a nightmare really. It leaves her jumpy but she can't figure out why. She's afraid of something, but can't remember what it is...

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    Chapters 6-14 are up. New players are on the board, there's a crime scene in Willow Creek Park, and stories start to knock into each other.

Read the latest here.

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    mapletreesimsmapletreesims Posts: 13 New Member
    Just wanted to let you know I'm really enjoying your story and it's inspired me to play the sims again! Can't wait to see what happens next and to learn more about the characters.
  • Options
    Thank you so much! I followed your blog on wordpress, the title sounded so interesting I wanted to make sure I got an update :-) It's funny, I thought taking a break to write would make me less interested in playing, but I've found myself doing it even more with families that aren't a part of my actual story.

r0AD3AN.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I am pretty terrible at remembering to update my forum posts! Chapters 15-23 are up. You can read the latest here.

I normally update on Mondays and Fridays so there will be a new chapter up on June 3rd :-)

I thought this might be a good time to introduce a few of the characters. I'll start with the three best friends at the center of the story and add more characters as I get time over the next few weeks. The story is told from different perspectives so there is interesting group of Sims to meet!

Alright, here goes!

First up, Zoe Curious

VQUzRSI.png

Inspiration: Her name is a play on the Sims 3 character, Zo Curious. I had her in my game for a long time under a different name and even though she doesn't have the genius trait, she kept inexplicably getting stressed out from not having enough mental stimulation (I probably cheated to change her traits at some point and forgot about it). I like to think of her as an alternate universe Zo Curious.

Zoe Curious is 31 and has finally gotten pretty close to what it feels to “make it” as an actress. She is finishing up her time on a popular tv drama, Residency of the Heart, while preparing to take her first movie role in the Sheriff of Alpha Centaura. Zoe has two close girlfriends - Miko and Penny, who she met when she moved to San Myshuno way back in 2007. To the outside world, she is the perfect girl-next-door. Her closest friends would describe her as funny, caring, creative...but also careful. Her boyfriend, Anderson, would agree. Zoe is not without her secrets and her entire world is about to get turned upside down.

Next, Penny Pizzazz

ps8LhW3.png

Inspiration: She's always been one of my fave sims and I just liked the idea of plucking her out of her regular Sims storyline and plopping her down in the center of some new drama.

Penny Pizzazz is also 31 and she can be...a lot to take in all at once. An ex once described her as “taking up all the air in the room simply by existing.” She is bold, bossy, and potty-mouthed. She loves fiercely and is a loyal friend. She's also a bit of a romantic. Penny currently manages social media for The San Myshuno Times but her new boss, Mortimer Goth, is not making it easy. Despite how straightforward she seems, Penny has a few skeletons in her closet that even her closest friends don't know about. And they are about to come tumbling out...

And rounding out the group, Miko Ojo

dRUjaKw.png

Inspiration: Miko is another one of those sims that I really enjoy playing. She's had a ton of different adventures in my game but I think this particular storyline is going to give her a run for her money.

Miko Ojo, 31, is betwixt and between. She just started as the new director of Simoleons for All and she brings a lot to the table. She's just struggling to remember where the table was...or what time she was supposed to bring stuff to it. She always lights up the room and when she gets excited about an idea, it's infectious. Lately, Miko has been embarking on a self-improvement project of sorts. So far, the results have been mixed but that hasn't stopped her from trying. And while she loves her friends and she says she loves Akira, she's beginning to see that her life might not fit the story she's been telling herself. In fact, it might not be her life at all...

r0AD3AN.jpg