Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Next "Story" Gamepack - The Sims 4's version of Castaway!

emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
edited March 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was watching Iron Seagull's latest Info/Thoughts video, which has footage included from a trailer for TS3 Island Paradise. This, plus Iron Seagull's ideas on cruise ships in TS4 potentially leading to a Castaway-style pack, had me thinking about how I miss having tropical islands in my Sims game.

This gave me the idea that (given the success of TS4 Strangerville), perhaps if the dev team would like to do another GP with story elements, they could do a pack reminiscent of TS2 Castaway Stories and TS3 Island Paradise's 'Island Survival Pack' that came with preorders. This could open the door for a small tropical island world in TS4 (avoiding the issues a large island world like Isla Paradiso had in TS3), and present the opportunity for a castaway story in TS4 if the player wanted to play through it.

the_sims_4_tropical_getaway_render__fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob_dbiczrq-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTEwMCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2Y3OTExNjQxLWJmMDMtNGRlMS05NTA4LTg0YTRiZjY3NGU0YlwvZGJpY3pycS0yNzA2NDE4OC02MzRlLTQzMGItOGMzNi02MWI0MDhkODI1YTkucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTIwMDAifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.BxqfTFjC22c8vpyAINuUtAMzlD2Vg0uhewF3byUx30s
(Image by Hazza Plumbob)

It could have the sandbox gameplay that Strangerville offers, giving players a new tropical island town to play in, and perhaps the story mode could take place on another smaller island that the player character gets trapped on if they want to play through the story. I was thinking that the way this could work is that you could have a world a bit larger than Windenburg's island, where the main island would be where the small town would be (about the size of Strangerville), and there could be a second, hidden, smaller island that the player character could only access through playing through the "castaway" storyline, and get trapped on this "uncharted" island.

the-sims-3-island-paradise.png

Perhaps the resolution to the story would be that once the player character is rescued, they could have the opportunity to have the second island as their home lot where they can build a tropical getaway home. The idea would be now that the island has been "discovered" after the player character was rescued, the player could live there but still access the rest of the world from it after playing through the story (a little bit like Island Paradise's hidden islands).

UnchartedIsland2.png

CAS/BB items could be a mix of castaway-themed items and tropical-island-life-themed items.

What do you think? Do you guys have any ideas to add? :)
I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer

Comments

• Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I loved the sims 2 PS2 castaway and the sims 3 Island paparazzo <3

i would love a remake of either as packs for the sims 4
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'd like a castaway pack.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Can we not have anymore of these story packs?
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member

This iteration is so limited that it can't really seem to grow... so I wonder if glorified "stuff packs" wedged in with single play-through story content is all they'll be able to squeeze out for the next few years.
  • Options
    HopeCrashHopeCrash Posts: 119 Member
    It's a very interesting idea. I can see it as a game pack.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I am totally on board for Survival Packs.
    It could be amazing it's just I hope if aligned with Seasons it packs a punch.
    My only thing is I don't only want a Tropical Paradise/Deserted Island scenario.

Like if my Sims were traveling, by Ship, Plane, or Car, and the vessel went down, in a storm or whatever, and we washed up on distant shores. I don't want the shores to be only a Deserted Tropical Island.
    I would want a world like Granite Falls, Vast forest off the shores, who knows what creatures lurk in the woods.

Another thing, is the option to "Begin a New" in this world. Where you can begin civilization.
    Because if I played this I'm going to have my sim evolve his shelter into a proper home. essentially turn the uninhabited land into a small village.

I'd be furious if it was just survive until you're rescued, or the main goal is to gather enough resources to build a raft and get home.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    A survival pack would be great with a little bit of story :) was thinking about this combination as well.
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Bagoas77 wrote: »

This iteration is so limited that it can't really seem to grow... so I wonder if glorified "stuff packs" wedged in with single play-through story content is all they'll be able to squeeze out for the next few years.

@Bagoas77 I would rather have that than bad stuff packs. The only good one i can think of was Laundry Day, just because they let us choose what we wanted. Maybe they should work more openly with us.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like this
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd like a castaway pack.

As long as we also get a Tropical Beach Vacation Pack.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member

I agree. I like to create my own stories so a castaway pack wouldn't interest me. I would prefer a tropical vacation pack to focus more on giving us a versatile, entirely sandbox experience with replayability value e.g maybe with swimming, diving, sailing, volleyball, sunbathing, sand castles etc. or even mermaids.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > Mariefoxprice83 wrote: »
    >
    > I'd like a castaway pack.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As long as we also get a Tropical Beach Vacation Pack.

I just hope if we got this we would still get an island EP like Island Paradise in sims 3.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This is genius! I'd prefer another Supernatural story, but this looks super fun.
    funny-gifs20.gif