Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Sim needs new friends

tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
Rei Matsuri and Harley Greenwood got married and the Private Venue was $2,400 (plus the cake, open tab on the bar, set up buffet). He's a level 3 celeb and she's a resident in the medical field so the formal affair was star studded guests. I got 4 gifts and only 1 from one of the MANY celebs that showed up and heckled and left my poor unfamous bride Rei to talk to the venue's proprietor. Now I realize that wedding guests aren't the ones that give the gifts, but these were "friends".

4 things....a Speedy Pole (the thing from the firehouse) Gee thanks!
a Portable Piano (neither are piano players, neither are virtuoso's) Ok, Thx!
a cheap obscure movie poster identical to the one Rei already had in her home. (OK!)
and this isn't too bad, a Protective Pavilion (the one from the Duke of Bows venue)...not sure if it works.

I try to keep most all of the wedding gifts usually, and it's worked out, but these......ooooo I don't think so.
Where's the rest of my gifts....FRIENDS? hehe
My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
Send me a friend request for Simport

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2019
    The whole wedding gift thing can be really funny as to how random it all is. One couple of mine has some very wealthy friends and relatives. From their parents and siblings, they got:

-- A One More Slot Please (OMSP), this is a mod object that costs §1 in the Build/Buy catalog.
    -- A very nice witch's wand, but neither of them are witches so they cannot use it for anything other than maybe stirring soup.
    -- A useless gondola part, or maybe it was a piece of a roller coaster track. Something like that.
    -- A hot air balloon, just what every newlywed couple needs when they are just starting out. Build/Buy cost would be §12,900. The sibling that gave them that could not possibly afford it, but the guests are not charged for having "given" these gifts either.

The wand stays on display up on a shelf, the rest got sold. But guess which sibling gets invited over to dinner more often than the others? :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    @igazor LOL One More Slot Please (OMSP), this is a mod object that costs §1 & a track part....lol (oh, I guess I can't complain) Oh, u kept the wand, sweet! I played some more and got 4 more gifts in the mail from different friends that all also attended. There was a group invite and the normal wedding invite. They got a digital frame (I just hope those aren't still glitched), a food processor, a picture to go on the wall and an aquarium. All of that fit into their home, I thought the gifts kind of matched the kind of wealth comparatively, so now I'm keeping all my friends! LOL I complained too soon! (redface). The newspaper said it was a small quaint affair, it wasn't, it was just exclusive access, so that might have been the determiner for that.

You didn't go on a balloon ride with your newlyweds!!! Mine had a want to go iceskating on a pond, it went so well! This couple has NOTHING in common, not even compatible signs. I hope their marriage end goes well!
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    Sometimes my Sims get that spider web from the store mansion set. Costs like 2 (or is it 1?) simoleons :p
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Gifts are just random. Once one of my sims got a gift from a long-dead friend. I think at the time the gifts were spawned that day, his ghost must have been out and about. Another sim got the Fountain of Youth, which costs $500,000. I kept it, and put it in their yard. Their bills were suddenly much bigger, but my sim was an adult when she married, and already very wealthy from making and selling elixirs and selling metals and gems from group science project meteor showers, after cutting and smelting them herself.