Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

After the mystery

Did you change anything in Strangerville after solving the mystery? I definitely want to change it but I have no idea how.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Nope didn’t change a thing. Everything is the same just no more infected Sims.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I'm currently working on one version of Strangerville that will morph into Schitt's Creek from the TV show of the same name. So far I have the Rose family, Stevie Budd and Patrick Brewer. As for buildings, I have the Rosebudd Motel. the Cafe Tropical and the Town Hall. Strangerville will make a perfect Schitt's Creek.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I will be changing it- I already bulldozed all of Oasis creek to turn it into a extension of Strangerville as time marches on (I also just really disliked most of Oasis’ creek’s architecture too for some reason? Idk.).

the trailer will remain a trailer and I’m going to move a new sim there eventually. Old Penelope is going to be cleaned up and the land converted to.... something (still debating if it’s going to be a diner, a ‘Mystery Shack’ style tourist place, or something else).

I think I’m going to move the Sigworth’s to a nicer and bigger house in ‘expanded Strangerville aka Oasis Springs’ once all is said and done, and if Ol’ Penelope doesn’t get turned into a diner than their place will. The other house is going to be taken over and worked on by one of my original characters, the once-teen-gardener and resurrector of the Mother, expanded and torn down in parts.

About 5-7 years after the defeat of the mother the town info center is going to get a facelift to mimic more affluent small town info centers rather than the more ramshackle ones.

The park in Oasis Springs is going to become ‘Strangerville State Park’ (or a better name) and will be edited to have some of the strange plants and other features- the infection is cured, but the mother still lives on as a friend to the humans that care for her. The creation of the park will have been pushed through by the new Mayor Roswell (the widow of the late mayor), and will drive new tourism and profits.

Alice, Erwin, and my journalist sim/Strangerville hero will move in to the empty yellow house and do mass refurbishments (and add a basement), and start their family together (look a accident in my first test run made them all have crushes on each other so they are poly now. It’s happening. Initially it was just going to be my journalist and Alice, but the game conspired.)

Then we got the mayoral house which is gonna have a big revamp since Mrs Roswell is going to marry a scientist and she currently has a baby on the way (and I want her to have 1 more child).

Then there is my sim-in-Black who moved in shady acres on a empty lot and who will have spent a lot of his life savings making a fantastic pad and base for himself and other sims in black to rest up, and Mark Eggleston will move in with him and get married eventually. (Mark is going to be a political aid to Mrs Roswell and set up to be the mayor after her.) their house is one of my best original works, I am proud.

Outside of that I’m still debating on plans for the last empty spot in Shady Acres (maaaaybe my scientist sim?), still debating the fate of Leslie Holland (leaning towards having her keep the Eccletic Arts Household), and other lots I’ll want to fill up Oasis springs with.

Oh and the bar will get a facelift and upgrade once more money starts coming in to the town.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    It's on my to do list. I've downloaded several western themed builds and renovated community lots but I've seen some awesome retro builds that would fit perfectly in Strangerville so I'm still on the fence as to which way to go.
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I plan to build scientific lab that allows sims to sleep in the space pods. And a time tardis usinng various features from many packs and ep.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Wow @RobinGreenthumb that sounds pretty interesting
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I was wondering, After I solve the mystery, do those back drop houses become available to play, as normal lots. my sim lives next door to several back drop houses. It is so annoying I cant play them.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I was wondering, After I solve the mystery, do those back drop houses become available to play, as normal lots. my sim lives next door to several back drop houses. It is so annoying I cant play them.

The number of lots available to play doesn't change, just the mystery is solved.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

The number of lots available to play doesn't change, just the mystery is solved.

That's a shame. I wanted to move more sims in there. I like the little town.
  • Options
    RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    Wow @RobinGreenthumb that sounds pretty interesting

Thank you! And this is only the plans for the first 10 year span after the mystery 😂

I plan to eventually have a small alien delegation settle there, have a shrine to the Mother erected in the park, and have a intergalactic diplomatic floor of the info center as well as a bunch of other stuff.
  • Options
    what happens to the Lab after you solve the mystery?? does it turn into a proper science lab??
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    what happens to the Lab after you solve the mystery?? does it turn into a proper science lab??

Nope. The Lab stays there with the motherplant in remission. If you choose you can revive the motherplant and replay the mystery with another family.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    After my SIM defeated the plant she has started work at the science lab. It is a huge and friendly lab. There's lots to do in the science career. I have noticed that the Roswell house has a secret basement with files regarding the mother plant. Maybe the mother plant is wakened by another sim.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Haven't done much yet -- my Strangerville Hero and her dad have actually moved to Willow Creek so she can pursue her future Botanist career as soon as she reaches the top of the Military career. I'm thinking of replacing the trailer with a small shop that sells Selvadoradan goods (machetes, spider repellent, fire foam etc.) so my Sims can stock up before heading to the jungle, as well as some of the more useful herbalism potions. I might also modify the bar to add a second story for a game room.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I brought the mother back to life, got filthy rich thanks to her genie-like powers, and then made her famous with cheats so it worked better with the Hero of Strangerville trait. Then I built her an underground mansion on the lot with the crashed plane and moved the other guy somewhere else. Then, since she was a teenager at the time, I gave her the insane trait. Turns out the Mother can make a person go a little crazy...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    edited April 2019
    I brought the mother back to life, got filthy rich thanks to her genie-like powers, and then made her famous with cheats so it worked better with the Hero of Strangerville trait. Then I built her an underground mansion on the lot with the crashed plane and moved the other guy somewhere else. Then, since she was a teenager at the time, I gave her the insane trait. Turns out the Mother can make a person go a little crazy...

Are you talking about the Sim Hero or the plant?

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Did you change anything in Strangerville after solving the mystery? I definitely want to change it but I have no idea how.

Not a thing. I might go back and befriend the mother, but I am not really looking forward to going back to Strangerville, I really didn't find the town interesting at all. And I doubt I will play the pack at all with any other save unless I am doing a mad scientist game. It was just absolutely underwhelming and yet frustrating.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Largely ignoring it. An undeveloped town to serve as a lackluster backdrop for an unimpressing story the main purpose of which may be to cover over the emptiness of the town. The TS2 equivalent has so much more potential.
  • Options
    My SIM hero decided to wake the moma plant in order to grow her own fruit and realised that there was more to the plant and it's beginning. Wether she will kill it again is one thing that won't happen until she knows that it pure evil. Perhaps being in the science career will give her insight in to the people of strangervile.
  • Options
    My sim who recently awakened the mother plant, has a night out after work with knights and became infected with the trait. When she got home, still in the bizzare trait aliens abducted her for an hour, when she returned her bizarre trait had gone to normal but remembered her time in the spaceship.
    tumblr_pqbuheX5PP1qeetfeo3_540.pnj