Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trying to Build Showtime Venue

IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
I want a coffeehouse with an indoor stage, so my performers can perform gigs in winter and on rainy days without freezing or getting soaked. So I converted a java hut I'd made for the custom world I'm playing in into a coffeehouse. It works fine for having performances, but the tables, which I placed on the showtime table markers, do not disappear during performances like they're supposed to. Is there something else I need to do to make it happen?

Comments

• Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    The tables are SUPPOSED to disappear? I don't think I've seen that. I have seen parks where the audience stands and that's a different square in buydebug from what I've read ( a lot) and I have more questions than answers. I HOPE someone who has done this and knows for sure comes along and helps you.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    In my experience, the tables only disappear for singer performances (and probably simfests?). Audiences will sit at the chairs at the tables for acrobat and magician performances.
  • Options
    Oh, OK. I've played singers before, but not acrobats or magicians, so the tables have always disappeared for my sims. My current sim is a singer too, but my only experience thus far with my new coffeehouse is when she and her husband went to an acrobat performance. And she sat with her back to the stage. So I guess I'll just remove the chairs on the stage side of the tables so that when sims sit in them for magician and acrobat performances, they will always be facing the stage. Thank you.
  • Options
    tallcoolonetallcoolone Posts: 6,918 Member
    edited March 2019
    OH yes, I have seem them disappear during Simfests. I did just have a seated crowd for my level 10 acrobat in a live show venue that I edited.
    My Page https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/tallcoolone
    Send me a friend request for Simport

• Options
    KaytayRoallKaytayRoall Posts: 923 Member
    Happy to be able to help! :) I had the opposite problem to you when I first tried building a showtime venue. I was testing it with a singer, whom I had only played performances with in parks before, and had played a couple acrobat sims previously. I panicked when the singer went to perform and the tables disappeared lol :D
  • Options
    LOL! The tables have always been my cue as to when my singers can set up the stage to get an early start, at least in venues where there are tables. But they did make me panic once, when a previous singer's husband was sitting at one of the tables reading when they disappeared. He disappeared along with them, and I thought I had lost him.