Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Celebrities, who needs them?

Mortimer and Bella Goth went on a Date for Love Day to The Old Quarter Inn Bar in Windenburg. Nothing too stressful about that, right?

... Right?

WRONG!

One freaking celebrity brought a tidal wave of fans causing Mortimer and Bella to be separated. Interactions between the two were impossible to complete. Bella got side tracked with all the excitement. Mortimer kept getting his drinks stolen. It took 5 hours to order and recieve a Meat and Cheese Plater as the bar tender kept freaking out over the celebrity. Mortimer kept glitching through the tabels because of the tidal wave of fans. Bella would not go to the bathroom as she was too busy taking photos of the celebrity.

Why do celebrities have such a pull on sims? Why can't they stay, for the most part, in Del Sol Valley? Why can't the Goths go on a date uninterrupted by celebrities and their entourage?
She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I haven't tried this yet, but I think it can be eliminated from a save by checking the toggle in your settings to turn off fame gain, then going to the celebrities in DSV and playing them just long enough to have them step out of the spotlight and then marking them again as unplayed in manage households. Then I guess the ones that aren't in world could be moved to a cheap starter and also played just long enough to step out of the spotlight and then be evicted out of world or, even faster just deleted from your bin right off the bat. I think that would eliminate it from your save entirely, then if you have a sim you do want to obtain fame you can turn it on manually in their simology panel on a per sim basis. Because I feel you. I love GF but the celebrity sightings are out of control.
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I love GF but the celebrity sightings are out of control.

Thank you for understanding. I just had to vent.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Options
    NeedrarNeedrar Posts: 141 Member
    I got that to. 1 time is ok. But every freaking time i go someplace with my sims, there is this Celeb who is just killing it (in a negative way). Tho i like get famous, this is a bit off a mood killer.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    I think you can turn the fame off i couldn't be sure but go to your settings at to get famous and check it out I couldn't say though
  • Options
    I do play with fame turned off, you know, where unless I manually set a sim on that path they dont gain fame... but still it's so hard to play outside of the home when celebrities gate crash without failure.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Options
    Jj216Jj216 Posts: 17 New Member
    There's a mod to tamp down on them appearing everywhere
  • Options
    Cant post links yet tho
  • Options
    my bad this is console
  • Options
    ๐Ÿ™„.....
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Options
    Jj216 wrote: ยป
    my bad this is console

๐Ÿ˜‚ real funny.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I wish there was like a reverse VIP door, only non-famous sims allowed!
    But taking 5hours to order and receive food? my game doesn't even need celebs to do that...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    But this experience was in a bar, not a restaurant where it can take a while depending. It's the celebs distracting sims on the job that's the problem - like fireworks at the humour and hijinks festival distracting every vendor to close up shop while they stare at them.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    We need a bug update real bad preferably before a pack comes out so whatever update happened a day before gets all undone again
  • Options
    vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    First take a look at the lot traits and make sure "Up and Coming Hot Spot" or "Hottest Spot in Town" aren't on there. If those traits aren't part of the lot then try building your own bar / restaurant in Newcrest. I swear, the places I've built there are the deadest places in the sims universe. I recently built a Karaoke / Bowling bar that has the lot traits 'Teen Hangout, Party Place and Great Acoustics'. .. Only ever gets about 5 people there and one of them is the bartender.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    The mod is this one: townieoverhaul_lessfame

Normally, you can get the mod in the Misc Mods section of this site:
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

But the most recent version is linked in the comments only atm as I'm on hiatus:
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/sims4me_townieoverhaul_lessfame.rar

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    Ahum, you're on the console forum. We do not have mods (yet).
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    I'm sorry, I just came from the discussions section, which doesn't have categories.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    It's Windenburg. No GF lot traits.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Options
    Ahh.. I'd really try building something in Newcrest just to test it out. Maybe even good enough to simply set a premade lot down and do some testing to see if famous sims show up. I've gone to my Newcrest bar a lot and never had any fame troubles.
  • Options
    BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    Mortimer and Bella Goth went on a Date for Love Day to The Old Quarter Inn Bar in Windenburg. Nothing too stressful about that, right?

... Right?

WRONG!

One freaking celebrity brought a tidal wave of fans causing Mortimer and Bella to be separated. Interactions between the two were impossible to complete. Bella got side tracked with all the excitement. Mortimer kept getting his drinks stolen. It took 5 hours to order and recieve a Meat and Cheese Plater as the bar tender kept freaking out over the celebrity. Mortimer kept glitching through the tabels because of the tidal wave of fans. Bella would not go to the bathroom as she was too busy taking photos of the celebrity.

Why do celebrities have such a pull on sims? Why can't they stay, for the most part, in Del Sol Valley? Why can't the Goths go on a date uninterrupted by celebrities and their entourage?

I absolutely agree with you. I think that the celebrity system needs to be simmered down a bit. Like, if you are a global superstar, you can actually go on a vacation without people crowding you and making it impossible to enjoy a nice get away from home, and making it impossible to go to a bar and have a drink for example. And with other celebrities. They just totally destroy the atmosphere of venues! One time, my Sims were eating at a restaurant, Brytani Cho comes in and starts jumping in the middle of my fancy quiet restaurant. Then all my sims start crowding her and refuse to eat their meal without screaming, asking for pictures and passing out. And all the other sims... oh boy it's just a nightmare... The venue get's overcrowded, nobody wants to eat anymore and people walking in are just there to see the celebrity! It's just painful! But what I've found out is that if you make a venue in new crest, there doesn't seem to really be any celebrities there. Kinda strange how it's everywhere else though.
    I love GF but the celebrity sightings are out of control.

Exactly what I think. Get Famous would be so much better if celebrities were toned down.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    Last night one of my Global Superstar Sims was invited on a blind date and she couldn't enjoy it as people were crowding her the whole time. Not to mention her date was bored the whole time.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    Also, has anyone else noticed how crammed the calendar is with get famous events? Almost every day there is a talent showcase, the stalight accolades award show, meet and greets ect.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Options
    Yes, too many events... it makes sense if you are in a celebrity career and want to get an award but if I have the option to opt-out of stardom turned on and none of my sims are in the spotlight then I shouldn't get the notifications on the calendar. The calendar drives me nuts sometimes. It'll just add holidays as it goes a long instead of showing them all at the beginning of the year. All of a sudden my sim has to celebrate something or risk feeling bad that they didn't get all their holiday wishes fulfilled. I'm constantly having to go in and delete events and holidays.