Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You're joking... (Holiday set)

So in the store we have our holiday set... which doesn't include a Christmas tree? Is it me or isn't that a tad dumb? :|

Major disappointment...

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hi, smiley-greet008.gif

No, you're not the only one who thinks it's lame.
  • Options
    firestar77_2firestar77_2 Posts: 10,144 New Member
    edited December 2009
    There are CC Christmas trees.
  • Options
    bethekinsbethekins Posts: 1,607 New Member
    edited December 2009
    rawr! i had some of the trees bookmarked, or atleast i thought I did. let me dig in my history and bring em up

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-tree-conversion-by-nandonalt.html

Arvoredenatal.jpg
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited December 2009
    Oh god..again with the christmas tree!

ANYWAYS, just use CC for a chirstmas tree.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, again. :mrgreen:
    Not everyone likes, uses or stays on top of the NEW CC.

And EA can Convert TS2 stuff to sell at the Store (Tiki set/Castle set) they could have converted the Christmas Tree.

• Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2009
    Oh god..again with the christmas tree!

ANYWAYS, just use CC for a chirstmas tree.

That. For those that use CC, it'd logically make sense to use a CC tree as complaining won't help.
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I agree. THey're missing a lot of things. Especially since most of us celebrate Christmas. But they should have also included more "holiday" things as well. Sure, Christmas trees and Menorahs (I laughed at the kwanzaa thing) are nice and pretty necesary for holiday packs, but they didn't include many holiday looking things like table cloths and what not either.
  • Options
    wingedfolconwingedfolcon Posts: 114
    edited December 2009
    or santa hats, what is x-mas without santa hats? we got some dopey looking new year's hats, but no bright read hats with a little white puffball on the end?
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2009
    They'll add it at some point. Probably closer to Christmas... at 100 simpoints.

(I know the holiday stuff is free but c'mon, like they aren't going to charge for something so many people want :/)
  • Options
    SImVSImV Posts: 274 Member
    edited December 2009
    I have no desire for these holiday sets when I don't have the weather ingame to boost their effect. Who wants Christmas wreaths when it's permanently sunshine & summer?
  • Options
    iSiriusiSirius Posts: 1,289
    edited December 2009
    You shan't complain bouts the set because it's free. Just be glad it's not pay.

Maybe it's just how I was raised, but I was taught to not complain about FREE items, and to never look a gift horse in it's mouth.

And not everyone celebrates Christmas. I have a few Jewish friends. some who celebrate Kwanzaa, etc.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    Someone already started this exact same thread, and people were posting links to custom Christmas stuff on that thread. Do a search. The other thread is better.