Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler ask for present not working

Every time Father Winter shows up at one of my homes with a toddler, I have the toddler ask for a present, but every time all Father Winter does is his belly laugh and as a result I can't complete the ask for present want during Winterfest for that toddler. The toddler still babbles. Could that be the problem or is this a bug?
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2019
    Bug. An extremely cruel one at that.

01-01-19_4-13-22PM_zpsrd33s3oh.png

01-01-19_4-15-13PM_zpsehg0dmcs.png

01-01-19_4-20-20PM_zpsck8cgx0v.png
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    edited March 2019
    My toddler didn't have any problems receiving the present:

jkdhi0580stb.png
  • Options
    Arcanine4PresidentArcanine4President Posts: 31 Member
    Mine have that as well...so I get the mother to fight him for presents :lol:
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I also can't get him to give toddlers presents
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    My babies asked three times - all he did was laugh at them and wander off. In all my years, I've never wanted to clock Santa...until then.

They did at least still get credit for the tradition (not sure what triggered it later because they never received a present from him).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I cheated to get the toddler's communication up to 5 and he still didn't get his present from Father Christmas. I don't think it's a trait thing because the toddler is Inquisitive.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I can say that if you que up the action multiple times eventually he will give a gift. I was very sad that my toddler couldn't have gifts from father winter so I tried and tried and eventually it worked. Its a pain but at least the little tykes aren't completely SoL
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited March 2019
    Thanks for ruining Christmas Father Winter! The kid just wants their present. Just cruel.

I’m just kidding. Haha. I’ve never experienced this because I’ve only played with Father Winter once or twice and it was in an adult household. Maybe the toddlers need a certain skill or charisma to convince him to give a present.
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    macandcheese100macandcheese100 Posts: 22 Member
    I'm having the same problem with the toddlers in my game. No matter their skill levels or traits. Father Winter shows up, and my toddlers ask for presents. Then, Father Winter either ignores the interaction or gives them a present. My problem is that even if my toddlers get a present from Father Winter they don't fulfill the Father Winter tradition. This means all of my toddlers will have bad Winterfests. I hope the simgurus notice this bug and fix it soon!!!
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yeah, they still haven't fixed this :-/ I wish at least, if he can't give presents to toddlers, that it wasn't one of the things categorized for toddlers in the holiday event. That's basically all they want to do, and they can't do it!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The last winterfest I had in my game my toddlers did receive presents from father winter but for some reason it still didn't complete on the holiday requirements for them. :(
  • Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    It works for me now. I just had to get the toddler to talk to father winter a little bit first.
  • Options
    TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    Yeah I just aged my twins to toddlers and over and over Father Winter belly laughed at them and gave them nothing. They aged up with little energy so I was forced to give up and get them to bed. My babies always age up with all their needs so low, even though I bottle feed them before aging but they're still hungry anyway. 🙄
  • Options
    ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Have you tried interacting with him before asking for a present? I find that if I ask for a present straight away he is much more likely to ignore