Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville , like Strange Town?

BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
I am wondering just how similar Strangerville is to Strange town in Sims 2, for 1 they both have similar names, and 2 both in desert area's, and 3 could the infected people be like Zombies? hmm I wonder, I am also wondering how much this Game pack is going to cost Me as I do not see any price tag on it yet, or if it will even be worth what I will have to dish out to pay for it, I am however wondering if this pack has in fact the amount of lots on it that it claims to have, or are those also just for looks like previous packs , at least in Strange Town in the sims 2 I can add in alot of houses and work areas and still have a ton of things to do in that game, I just hope this pack won't let Me down like others for this Sims 4 have.

Comments

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    They are not zombies, they seem to be... afflicted by something.

Being a Game Pack it'll cost like every other GP, $20 or your regional equivalent.

World comes with 11 editable lots and 1 special lot (non-editable, functions for the story). It is a residential world.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Archieonic wrote: »
    They are not zombies, they seem to be... afflicted by something.

Being a Game Pack it'll cost like every other GP, $20 or your regional equivalent.

World comes with 11 editable lots and 1 special lot (non-editable, functions for the story). It is a residential world.

They could pass for being Zombies as they walk and act like them from Sims 2, the only differance is they do not have green or colored skin, thanks for the info just the same, But I am also wondering if anyone else picked up on the similarities from both this new pack and Strange Town , besides Myself, there was 3 that I noticed so far, guess I will check it out in the morning to see if I really want to get this pack, if not then it will be the first pack that I do not get out of them all, but My curiosity will probably get the better of Me and I will probably get it, :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    There's not much else similarities other than what you said, but even the desert towns are in contrast very different.

Strangetown looked more like a very desolate place on the highway with a desert. Strangerville seems more inspired with a western theme and this epidemic that seems to be spreading. With Strangetown being the Sims 2 the only thing strange about it was some of the families that lived there with a curious background and that's it, since there's really no surrounding gameplay much like how all the Sims 2 worlds function. Other than connecting a 'downtown' area and such if you have the packs like night life and etc.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    I have used the Strangetown Mod for TS4 since it came out. Strangerville to me, is just a rip of the work someone else did. That said, yep, buying it tomorrow! LOL
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I do not see a post yet for what I want to ask so I will put it here instead, I finished the Mystery on 1 of My sim characters and now I am on a 2nd sim, but the problem is none of the towns folk are infected now, they all seem to be uninfected, so how am I suppose to use the vaccine I have on 3 of them to be able to finish the mission this time around?
  • Options
    PlainevilPlainevil Posts: 221 Member
    I do not see a post yet for what I want to ask so I will put it here instead, I finished the Mystery on 1 of My sim characters and now I am on a 2nd sim, but the problem is none of the towns folk are infected now, they all seem to be uninfected, so how am I suppose to use the vaccine I have on 3 of them to be able to finish the mission this time around?

Did you revive the mother ?, I believe that has the infection settings.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Reviving alone doesn't start the infection, you have to request Weirdness.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

Check my thread here.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956355/spoiler-how-to#latest
  • Options
    Plainevil wrote: »

Did you revive the mother ?, I believe that has the infection settings.

Yes I had revivied her before I even sent My 1st character back to town, so she was alive when My 2nd character went to the lab.
  • Options

Check my thread here.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956355/spoiler-how-to#latest

Awesome thank you so much, guess I just had to request the weirdness part, :)