Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangerville Story as a Plant Sim?

Has anyone tried playing through the Strangerville story as a plant sim? Does it affect them any differently?

Comments

• Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I made the TS2 Greenman family for TS4 lol. Downloaded the revamped plantsim mod so they have more options.. will see how it affects them.

BKRGKWU.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    @Sofmc9 Oh I love the idea of putting this family there... all my lots are full! Tell us if there are special options though!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Spikefan74Spikefan74 Posts: 219 Member
    Sounds great, let us know how it goes. :)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i do have a plantsim planned to go play through the story, but it'll be this next weekend at the earliest that i'll be able to get around to it (yay w*rk). sadly, i'm not really expecting any changes, but anything would be a nice surprise
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    @Sofmc9 Oh I love the idea of putting this family there... all my lots are full! Tell us if there are special options though!

How about adding Oasis Springs? You won't see any weirdness there, but the town could believably be just an hour's drive away from Strangerville and thus be fair game to place sims that will become involved with the Strangerville story.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

How about adding Oasis Springs? You won't see any weirdness there, but the town could believably be just an hour's drive away from Strangerville and thus be fair game to place sims that will become involved with the Strangerville story.

I'll probably do that. That was one family I didn't play in Sims 2 much is all and I feel like she would fit so well in that world... I think she might have to visit to commune with nature :D:D
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I will : )
    @Hermitgirl and cool idea you had to put Strangetown families in Strangerville :3
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I may do a story where, once defeated, the Mother joins with a human and becomes a plantsim queen in an attempt to rule Strangerville from another angle.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I made the TS2 Greenman family for TS4 lol. Downloaded the revamped plantsim mod so they have more options.. will see how it affects them.

BKRGKWU.jpg

Are they on the gallery? I never played with Plantsims in the sims 4 much. I do realize without the mod they aren't quite the same.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    No, I haven't uploaded them to the gallery. There might be versions of the Greenman household on the gallery. I can upload them if you want, though.
    The way I did Rose was try to give her a baby face lol

wyoDsLy.png

ax4bUQz.png

downloaded TS2 plantsim dress conversion

n1goomt.jpg

aww

UGzYkxk.jpg

Post edited by Sofmc9 on
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,435 Member
    I'm only half way through the story so far but I have a plantsim as one of the team. She developed the strange plantsim symptoms after a few days of investigation. A side effect from all the weirdness I added to the storyline.
  • Options
    Can the plant sim make friends with the mother plant?
  • Options
    anybody can make friends with it, it's just a lot quicker for infected to. not sure on plantsims yet. hopefully someone will be able to check that soonish. i've got until the weekend, at the earliest, before i can check on stuff like this
  • Options
    Spikefan74 wrote: »

Oh I don't know yet. I didn't even know there was a mother plant.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,435 Member
    Spikefan74 wrote: »

I haven't reached that part of the story yet. Looks like I have to be more careful on the forum to avoid spoilers. I'll come back to this thread once I finished the story.
  • Options
    Oops, sorry about that. Nothing to see here, move along folks. :)
  • Options
    lol, it's okay. I actually found out about a mother plant in the in-game files, when I made a mod to let kids be infected. Though still have no idea what the mother plant looks like.

''I haven't reached that part of the story yet. Looks like I have to be more careful on the forum to avoid spoilers. ''

Yeah, what's the point of playing Strangerville for the first time knowing every spoiler and how it ends. ; )
  • Options
    Plantsim Rose went to the secret lab. Where can I find more pieces of evidence for the dossiers? I've found 5 pieces.

p7UQt7n.png

Scientist won't give her a key to the secret door either. :p

7VzTuRv.png

• Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i never even thought about playing with a plant sim. but it would be interesting to hear the results of a play through with one.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I tested a plantsim, I didn't see any difference between them and a human sim.
  • Options
    @Sofmc9 you can find the evidence in multiple places. each time you return to the lab, more should be there (if the sim has high enough programming, they can get extras from the computers. and if they have a very high handiness, they can even repair the computers so they can be used again later), a picture of the bizarre plant counts as one piece (but you can only ever have one of that in any sim's inventory), listening in on military, scientists, or the grim reaper after bugging them will reward you with one piece... and several other lots in strangerville have at least one piece 'hidden' in them
  • Options
    Thanks kalaksed : )