Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why are spooky day costumes so limited?

Especially for kids and tots. That's, like...the one thing they want to do, and there's like three options, and two of them suck. We can't even use kids costumes from the spooky pack. Does anyone know of a good mod for this? I'd love to download something that makes all things in the costume category count as "wearing a costume", and maybe throws some cool cc tot and kid costumes.

Comments

• Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I don't know if it adds any for toddlers, but LMS has a mod that adds more costume options. It's under the Seasons section of her Random Small mods. It's called More Costume Options for Wear Costume Holiday

https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post/175412396783/random-small-mods-sometimes-mods-are-sooo-small
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Thank you guys! Tho, argh, I feel myself being pulled back into the whirlpool of modding with all those amazing mods by LittleMsSam...
  • Options
    Are there any that have any for toddlers? These are great for kids, but tots are still super limited
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I wish that all the costumes would just be available all the time, I like them so much. So happy for mods.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    It's odd really, townie children can show up at your door in various costumes including the ones from spooky day, but your sim cannot change into them. On top of that sims can show up in various costumes at a costume party (cept for GF I believe) but still can't do it via spooky day (prison jumper, detective, etc)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    It's odd really, townie children can show up at your door in various costumes including the ones from spooky day, but your sim cannot change into them. On top of that sims can show up in various costumes at a costume party (cept for GF I believe) but still can't do it via spooky day (prison jumper, detective, etc)

All of this just seems like one unfortunate oversight but I feel it could be patched and fixed but only time will tell if that is the case.
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

GREAT POINT

It really is such a weird thing, and I don't know enough about programming to know how hard or easy it would be to just make all things in the costume category be, well...costumes, but I can't imagine it would be that complicated?

I'm just bummed they didn't really add any spooky toddler costumes. The closest they have is the"monster" option and that's just their pajamas :-/
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    THAT would be a thing for mods. Lots of costume-related ones. I already have some Detroit clothing mods.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited March 2019
    All they need to do is go in and add the "hidden" "costume" label to the costumes from Spooky Day or Get Famous. Obviously it can be done as the mod shows. They didn't think about it because they come from different packs that they can't be guaranteed that people will have instead of just pulling from the Base Game and Seasons costumes. A small oversight that I too would like to see corrected.

Along the same lines I would love to see the option to Practice Acting be added to the Vanity mirror that came with Vintage Glamour but as that would involve new animations it probably will never happen. I personally would be satisfied if it was just the practice speech animation/dialogue but raised acting instead of charisma.
    ~ ~ ~