Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SOMETIMES I love this game! AKA; My two lovebirds are funny.

NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
(My Sim) Breana has been dating a while.
For all of his faulty traits, she seems to adore Neal and he adores her. He was frequently ringing for dates and they scored gold on the one she initiated too.
They even had a great Winterfest where they played in the snow, sang carols and shared a grand meal and presents. o:)

Come New Years Eve, I decide that they may want to take their relationship further.
I planned to take them out somewhere they could watch a great big television together and have her propose to him (he is a townie and therefore not-yet playable) just after midnight.
The best laid plans; as they say.
Nearly everyone Breana knew and a few she didn’t, turned up to ring her doorbell. It became this impromptu New Years party. I laid on some drinks from that drinks tray thing and using the grouping action/ability got a little TV and conversation going. Finally they all went out to the yard to build a small army of snow pals. That’s when the party broke up. Around 5pm.

Breana has a quick nap so she can go the distance and invited Neal back around 10pm. Problem is, he’s in a sad mood and keeps napping on the couch :/
Poor Breana ended up watching the countdown with Neal unconscious. The drinks trays spoiled and she was in a slightly uncomfortable mood too. Not the magic moment I pictured.

With Neal nodding off, I send Breana to bed for a few hours. Then I decide she can wake up and invite him to “come to bed” ;)
Only that didn’t quite work either :o The house is this tiny thing and although the couple got all excited about the prospect of a little woo hoo, Breana then complains about not being able to reach both sides of the bed. It was not great.
I had to pop her drawers in the inventory to make room.

So after their overnight, Breana gets up and makes pancakes. Neal is dead to the world in bed at nearly noon.

I’m just deciding whether to simply move Neal in (with a proposal from him coming at some more romantic, appropriate time) or wait until they are at least engaged before they co-habitate. After all, maybe he needs a place to crash for a while and his girlfriend is willing?

That’s when Breana gets the whim to “Get engaged to Neal”. Dang girl, you must love him -warts and all! :D

So, change of plans again. Guess she’s taking him on some outing to pop the question.

Sorry for the great big text, really wanted to share. Don’t you adore when the game is unexpected and funny? I mean, it’s like they have a mind/life of their own.
Post edited by NRowe on

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2019
    UPDATE: So starting up again, Neal promptly goes home (without eating the pancakes or even technically talking to Breana).

We shrug that off and go about a quiet morning. Then Breana invites Neal on a date to the local Nightclub.

The date is going okay, but frankly, not spectacular. They don’t seem to want to settle at picturesque table at the fire.
    Eventually I force some romantic interactions on them and take the plunge.

NEAL REJECTS THE PROPOSAL!! :#

So poor Breana is terribly embarrased and possibly a bit heartbroken.
    (I think it was mostly the random that inserted himself into the conversation and I didn’t realise because of a minor lag?)

Right now she’s drowning her sorrows at another nightclub, courtesy of a good (married, platonic) friend.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Sounds like your sims have had a very eventful courtship. That’s sad that Neal rejected Breana. :frowning: Even though it can be a little upsetting in the moment, I love when the game throws curveballs at you and doesn’t always go completely as planned. Sometimes things will go even better when you have to try going about things differently.

I’m not sure if you want any advice/ideas, but maybe I can offer some help? :smile:

If you’re not opposed to cheats and still want Breana to propose to Neal, you could invite him somewhere and fill his needs as soon as he arrives by shift-clicking on him. Maybe he rejected it because he was in a bad mood? :confounded:
    When one of my sims was rejected not so long ago, I learned that there may be a higher chance of a rejection if the sims haven’t dated long enough. Maybe taking Breana and Neal out on a few more dates will help so there won’t be another rejection? You could also just have Breana ask Neal to move in, play for a few sim-days, then see whether or not a proposal seems to be in the future. I’ve always had my sims live together for a while so I can see how well they co-exist, watch their whims, and have both in my control at the time of the proposal.

Anyway, I hope your sim finds her soulmate, even if it’s not Neal! :wink:
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    klestrella wrote: »
    Sounds like your sims have had a very eventful courtship. That’s sad that Neal rejected Breana. :frowning: Even though it can be a little upsetting in the moment, I love when the game throws curveballs at you and doesn’t always go completely as planned. Sometimes things will go even better when you have to try going about things differently.

I’m not sure if you want any advice/ideas, but maybe I can offer some help? :smile:

Anyway, I hope your sim finds her soulmate, even if it’s not Neal! :wink:

Definately up for some advice.
    As Breana went off to work (to also earn a promotion BTW), I spotted Neal texting on his phone outside her house. It was almost like the part of him not under my control was doing this “Babe; I didn’t really mean it, let’s talk” kind of thing. Hilarious.

I’m off the computer for several hours now, but will come back and see how things pan out. Maybe she’ll take Neal back, maybe she won’t. Perhaps they will try living together first, but I imagine he’ll have to make it up to her somehow before she’ll allow that! HA. >:)

Did I mention his (terrible) traits are kleptomaniac, clumsy and hates children?
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    Definately up for some advice.
    As Breana went off to work (to also earn a promotion BTW), I spotted Neal texting on his phone outside her house. It was almost like the part of him not under my control was doing this “Babe; I didn’t really mean it, let’s talk” kind of thing. Hilarious.

I’m off the computer for several hours now, but will come back and see how things pan out. Maybe she’ll take Neal back, maybe she won’t. Perhaps they will try living together first, but I imagine he’ll have to make it up to her somehow before she’ll allow that! HA. >:)

Did I mention his (terrible) traits are kleptomaniac, clumsy and hates children?

Oof. :grimace: There’s gotta be more fish in the sea with better traits than that...

It might be time to see if Breana hits it off with someone else. Maybe Neal needs to experience some jealousy to realize what he’s got before it’s gone? :smirk:
  • Options
    nessrockinnessrockin Posts: 3 New Member
    Aww, poor Neal. Does Breana want kids? Maybe not so good of a fit if he hates them...but maybe they are peas in a pod? ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, it’s looking like he might have had his chance. We’ll see.
    nessrockin wrote: »
    Aww, poor Neal. Does Breana want kids? Maybe not so good of a fit if he hates them...but maybe they are peas in a pod?

Breana will definately want children at some stage. The original idea behind her was legacy-style play (building up from nothing ) and the legacy will end promptly if she doesn’t have offspring.

• Options
    KalopsianDreamerKalopsianDreamer Posts: 183 Member
    I do enjoy it when my sims whims and autonomous actions line up with something I was trying to decide to do or not, it happens surprisingly often for me.

I get quite a few calls or texts from my sims friends or family usually about the time i go 'oh! we haven't hung out with X in ages!' and then in about 5 seconds I'll get a text from X inviting my sim out.

However, How-ev-er, the amount of times my sims try and autonomously elope infuriates me, because I get really into weddings, smh.
    ĆØΜ€ ŦØ ŦĦ€ ĆŘΔŦ€Ř - ΜØŦĦ€Ř ĆΔŁŁŞ ¥ØỮ ĦØΜ€
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    NRowe wrote: »
    UPDATE: So starting up again, Neal promptly goes home (without eating the pancakes or even technically talking to Breana).

We shrug that off and go about a quiet morning. Then Breana invites Neal on a date to the local Nightclub.

The date is going okay, but frankly, not spectacular. They don’t seem to want to settle at picturesque table at the fire.
    Eventually I force some romantic interactions on them and take the plunge.

NEAL REJECTS THE PROPOSAL!! :#

So poor Breana is terribly embarrased and possibly a bit heartbroken.
    (I think it was mostly the random that inserted himself into the conversation and I didn’t realise because of a minor lag?)

Right now she’s drowning her sorrows at another nightclub, courtesy of a good (married, platonic) friend.

This could just be coincidence, and it's funny for the story, but there is currently a bug whereby Sims who have full green and pink bars will repeatedly reject each other's marriage proposals. It's one I was hoping would get fixed in one of February's patches...
  • Options
    UPDATE: Neal called for a date at 3.45am, when Breana was fast asleep and couldn’t possibly go.
    Then Breana met J Huntington III on her street. They seem to have hit it off at least as well as Breana’s first trip on the love train.
    When she didn’t have quite enough relationship to ask J on a date (via her phone), I decided she was going to hit a nightclub and see what/who was around. B)
    Well, who is outside the nightclub right off but the man she wants to see; J?
    Shortly after, Neal turned up and didn’t even seem to notice/react to Breana exchanging numbers with J and checking that he is still single (he is!). More flirting as J was definately in the mood.
    When Neal came up to the bar, Breana was there having some fish and chips. I decided she was going to give him the (mean interaction) cold shoulder. It’s dropped the romance bar right down.

So it’s looking like Breana will persue J, giving Neal up as a bad job.

I just wonder if J’s Non-commital trait is going to get in the way? :o