Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Worlds Not Showing Up in Game

So, I purchased University Life, Into the Future, and the world bundle with Monte Vista and Hidden Springs from Origin on July 16th. While the EPs work fine, I cannot get Monte Vista and Hidden Springs to appear in the game. I've searched multiple websites and cannot seem to find a solution that works.

I have tried:
Downloading from thesims3.com;
Uninstalling then downloading (thesims3.com) and reinstalling;
Uninstalling, downloading (thesims3.com), reinstalling and restarting my computer;
Uninstalling and downloading from the downloads dashboard;
Creating a new "The Sims 3" folder then downloading and installing from thesims3.com as well as the downloads dashboard.

Both Monte Vista and Hidden Springs are registered at thesims3.com and are visible under Purchase History. The .world files are present under "InstalledWorlds" in both my old and new "The Sims 3" folders. Since I created the new "The Sims 3" folder, I've obviously tried it without custom content. According to my launcher, I am running version 1.67.2.024001. I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro with OS X 10.9.5, but this worlds problem seems to be an issue on both Macs and PCs. Through the years, I've been slowly collecting the games and I have all EPs and SPs except for Sweet Treats, Diesel, 70s/80s/90s, and Movie Stuff.

I completely bypassed deleting and creating a new ccmerged file and went straight to creating a new "The Sims 3" folder. Does this make difference? Also, when I was downloading from the dashboard, it wasn't actually 'downloading' -- it was showing up in the launcher as 0.0 KB, but I don't know if this is relevant to this problem or is its own in and of itself. Does anyone have a suggestion other than uninstalling and reinstalling all my games? They're a mix of CD and Origin and I'm not quite sure where all of them are, but I do plan to try that eventually if nothing else works.

Comments

• Options
    Marko_RuMarko_Ru Posts: 3 New Member
    Exactly the same problem with nearly identical specs – my game version is 1.67.2.024002. Tried all sorts of un- and re-installing and deleting different files and folders and even downloading the 1.88 Gb super patch, which only updated the files but the parts A, B, C and D mentioned in the guides for the patch were a complete no-show.

P.S. Riverview used to show up, but now it is gone too. Quite unhappy with the situation.
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    edited December 2014
    I actually just noticed now that I don't have Hidden Springs in my game anymore which is odd!

Update: I went to 'Purchase History' on The Sims 3 website & it somehow got uninstalled out of my game.
  • Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    edited December 2014
    Ignore this.
    Post edited by Felicia1990 on
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    see if these suggestions help http://nonasims.wordpress.com/tag/install-world/
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    OMG. Looks like my problems ARE caused by the persistent glitch of the Store update v2.2, which I had ignored for months and thought I now had overcome, but the beast is resilient. *SWEAR WORDS*
    Post edited by Marko_Ru on
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Deleted.
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Marko_Ru wrote: »
    Exactly the same problem with nearly identical specs – my game version is 1.67.2.024002. Tried all sorts of un- and re-installing and deleting different files and folders and even downloading the 1.88 Gb super patch, which only updated the files but the parts A, B, C and D mentioned in the guides for the patch were a complete no-show.

P.S. Riverview used to show up, but now it is gone too. Quite unhappy with the situation.

I am going through this very thing now
  • Options
    Riverview, Dragon Valley, Sunlit Tides, and a couple others are not showing up in my drop down menu to select a world. But when I attempt to install them again, I see a message that says: can't install because it is already installed. Should I uninstall and just start over? I hate to do that because it'll take over an hour; but I may have to. any suggestions??
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited May 2018
    Riverview, Dragon Valley, Sunlit Tides, and a couple others are not showing up in my drop down menu to select a world. But when I attempt to install them again, I see a message that says: can't install because it is already installed. Should I uninstall and just start over? I hate to do that because it'll take over an hour; but I may have to. any suggestions??
    As you have already had several players try to explain, uninstalling and reinstalling the game involves only the Program Files. Content, both EA Store and Custom, lives entirely in your TS3 user game folder in Documents. Uninstalling and reinstalling the base game and the expansion/stuff packs won't help and if anything can damage the existing game folder further if it's not pulled out for safekeeping first.

The only reasons to uninstall and reinstall the game and its EP/SPs itself are if you have a totally broken installation, a new hard drive, or are recovering from a damaged drive. If your TS3 user game folder in Documents is acting up, pull it out and let a new one spawn to take its place as will happen on the next game launch.

Many players just don't listen when we say these things and uninstall anyway (then the Windows registry must be cleaned before a reinstall can be done). That's fine too, but then they find the same broken game folder in place when they are finished and haven't actually accomplished anything. That cannot be a very efficient use of time.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    I apologize igazor for being a pest. I know I've asked already. I'll listen to the advice given to me from other players and figure it out.
  • Options
    SemaviLadySemaviLady Posts: 526 Member
    edited May 2018
    @Scorpina2009 - IDK if you meant that you would uninstall and reinstall your games from programs files. EA add on and custom worlds have nothing at all to do with the game installs. I also don't know what else you have done to get the EA (or custom) worlds to be recognized by the game after they go missing.

I had a recent glitch that caused a few custom worlds to 'pretend' that they were not installed, but I tested by reinstalling one of the worlds -- the launcher complained that it was truly still installed.

So what I did to fix this is all from the launcher. With the game not running, only the Launcher. Go to the button for Installed Content, look at the tab for Lots. Uninstall the worlds that are not showing up. For me it was - Moonbase Charlie II, The Winchester Farming Community, Ziwa Bonde and Forever the 50s Populated. All EA downloaded worlds show up in the LOTs tab along with custom worlds because you download them from the store and install with the launcher. My other custom and EA worlds had been showing up for work, so I was only concerned with the missing ones.

When the recalcitrant worlds have been uninstalled from the Laucher, then ... go to the downloads tab, reinstall the worlds from the launcher. On slower computers this messing with the Launcher this can take a while.
    Post edited by SemaviLady on
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
    ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ ☆★☆ My Page ☆★☆-♞- TS3❣
  • Options
    TerlynTerlyn Posts: 3 New Member
    @SemaviLady, I know this is an old thread but, I desperately needed help with a custom world (Vice City by Fresh Prince) showing up in my game. I did a lot of research til I found your suggestion. It worked, woooohooooo! I love you, could hug you, thank you so much! lol
  • Options
    I'm glad you got the custom world installed. You're welcome. Have fun with your game!
    Cheerleader_by_CookiemagiK.gifI've owned the TS3 Store since Feb 2015-thanks to the help of many other simmers
  • Options
    TigerTailzzTigerTailzz Posts: 2 New Member
    I can't for love nor money get Riverview to show up in game (which means my saved games using that world will not load). I have it in purchase history. I have downloaded from store, installed through launcher, deleted folders, and every thing I have managed to find online. Needless to say I used to have it working fine and only came back to the game recently as one does... I will try your option tonight as this is one version I have not yet tried.
    Glad to see this forum is still alive after so many years :smiley:
  • Options
    TigerTailzzTigerTailzz Posts: 2 New Member
    @SemaviLady You are the best. I have uninstalled/reinstalled that world so many times all over the weekend and in just a few minutes following your post, the world finally shows up. Thank you!
  • Options
    @TigerTailzz - Fantastic! I'm glad you got it working!
    Happy Simming!
  • Options
    EA_CianEA_Cian Posts: 1,359 EA Staff (retired)
    Glad this helped, that said... at this stage I am going to close this now as the thread's a bit old and has been brought back a couple of times. :smile:
    ~my hair color is frequently changing, so my Sim reflects that~

Have questions about necroposting? Check out our Necroposting thread.

Bugs/Issues should be posted on Answers HQ, learn more over on Update on The Sims 4 Help Center.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top