Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which pack to get The Sims 4: Get Famous or Outdoor Living?

I'm debating between which pack to get between the 2, as Get Famous releases today, as which would have more gameplay value?

Outdoor Retreat i have been interested since it came out, as i feel i can benefit with it more, like using tents, and make my own cottages finally and have my sim live in tent and be and outdoors man, as i love the new traits and aspirations and gameplay in it. And also visiting the vaction spot

New Achievements: Critter Catcher, Nature's Course, Tastes Like Burning, No Longer Solitary
New Traits: Squeamish, Survivalist (Reward Trait), Great Storyteller (Purchase), Stoves and Grills Master (Purchase), Incredibly Friendly (Purchase)
New Aspiration: Outdoor Enthusiast
New Game Options & Interactions: Going on Vacation, Stargaze/Cloudgaze, Take Deep Breaths, Bear Roar, Weenie Roast (Social Event), Death and the Campsite Ghost, Woohoo in a Tent
New Skill: Herbalism
New World: Granite Falls
New Collectibles: Insects
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4:_Outdoor_Retreat

Get Famous sounds like fun pack, with everything based around the acting career, and becoming a celebrity. It reminds of The Sims 3: Late Night and show Time. But Del Sol valley looks amazing tho, and i like the video editing station i guess i would use that and music station only. I feel the being a celebrity would get old quickly and repetitive lol.

Features
New celebrity and fame system
Acting active career
The new world of Del Sol Valley
Ability To Earn Fame In Careers Already In-Game
Music Station
Video Station

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_4:_Get_Famous

Thank you for your opinions and suggestions

Faze

Comments

• Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited February 2019
    Hi there! As a game pack, Outdoor Retreat is of course smaller than Get Famous, but I probably do get more use out of it. I'm a family / storytelling player and my main household have had lots of lovely holidays at Granite Falls. I love the cabins and tents, exploring the woods, playing horseshoes, stargazing, roasting marshmallows and telling stories around the campfire, the herbalism skill, how my homebody sim gets uncomfortable and starts swatting flies away etc. It's a pack that definitely needs more love.

With Get Famous, I've never really been into the fame theme, but I was pleasantly surprised by it. The fame and reputation systems are very well done and I really like the quirks and perks, the acting career, and the CAS / build items. Sadly Del Sol Valley was a bit of let down for me though as it's a very small world and the builds aren't exactly pretty (but of course can be replaced or edited). It is a lot of fun, but for me personally being a celebrity isn't my favourite thing to do. I wouldn't say I've gotten bored with it yet as it's quite challenging gaining/keeping fame with lots of ways of doing so, but being famous doesn't suit many of my households. As every player is different though I recommend checking out the SimsVIP or Carl guides and reviews if you haven't already to see which appeals to you the most. It seems to me like you're edging towards Outdoor Retreat and I say go with your gut.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    If it helps I'm already bored if get famous but still love outdoor retreat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    I think it really depends on what your gameplay and build style is.

For me, I use Get Famous more now that my Sim family is wealthy because of the build/buy and CAS objects. I don't particularly care about my Sims being famous. However, I like to build fancy style mansions and I like my Sims to look wealthy.

Back when I was playing a farming family, I bought Outdoor Retreat and loved it. My sims rarely go on vacation anymore. However, the objects in this pack are a lot more woodsy and nature-inspired. The CAS items are also great for outdoorsy Sims. It also comes with a lot of new plants and fish, which is nice for farmers.

Tbh I don't care for the gameplay in either pack, though. I feel they both get old really fast. Just my personal opinion. I'd base my decision on the items I would use most.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    LOW wrote: »
    If it helps I'm already bored if get famous but still love outdoor retreat

Explain?

Some packs are worth paying and some is just for fun for a little although I like the new map I don't like the whole getting famous part and most of the furniture is just props for acting I'm bored of it already as with outdoor retreat I always seem to go back to it like city living no matter where I live I always go back to the city and I do that with outdoor retreat the whole camping experience but it is your choice and what you like and stuff like that