Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! Builder in distress.

Okay builders, I need the help of a more experienced builder here. I'm trying to do a house based on plans I downloaded from the internet. I love the design but I can't seem to get the 2nd floor and roofs right. Would one or all or any of you look at my build and the plans and tell me what I"m doing wrong? Every time I try to put the roofs on, the 2nd floor becomes unplayable. You can't see it. Even when you go down a level. Been working on this all day and still can't get it right. If you are able/interested in helping me, please send me a private message and I will send you the plans and upload my build to the gallery for you to look at. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and if you figure it out, you can have credit for the build. Thanks

I am only limited by my imagination.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!

Comments

• Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    I can have a look for you. I'll send a PM.
  • Options
    jeswainston65jeswainston65 Posts: 530 Member
    Okay....I will post the pics here....stand by

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    Okay...here are the links to all the gallery...and the pics and the plans and the original picture of the house.

I just don't know what i'm doing wrong with the roof .

Gallery Link: https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CB92C20D2DF211E9856B7E6A61392AEA?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jeswainston65&max=50&maxis=false

00.jpg

01.jpg

bqYJzUo.png

tHoXgZn.png

ibLkftp.jpg

YwZouIh.jpg

CSR7ltU.jpg

Yd3TeGs.jpg

sRLXF7l.jpg

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Can't say as I know what you may have been doing wrong as there was no roof on to compare. You did delete all the ceilings upstairs, whether that made a difference or not, I'm not sure. Anyway, I put them back and in order to get the roofline looking half reasonable I had to lower the walls on the second storey. In reality that house most probably has a sloping ceiling over the stairwell to account for the lower roof line. I also had to put some steps in so I could test getting my Sim in and out so you may want to change them. Here are some pics of what I've done. If you're happy let me know and I'll put it back on the Gallery for you. Oh almost forgot to say the roof on the carport will never be able to join the house as they are on two different levels.

Edit to say you could lower the front roof a little. I didn't realise I had it as high as the back one.

BPEH7rP.png
    sopm9Dz.png
    graQuGj.png
  • Options
    That's amazing...thank you....I don't know what I did wrong but you did an awesome job. Please and thanks put it back on the gallery. You get full credit for the build. I will decorate and then upload for a combined credit. If that's okay with you.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    I don't need any credit, I only did the roof anyway. Not a big deal. I'll put it up on the Gallery for you. :)

Edit it to say it's back on the Gallery. Have fun finishing it. :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much! Is it under the same name? Or your ea id?

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    It has both our names on it at the moment but I don't need my name on it. You could place it on another lot and look at how I did the roof and do that on your original build that way my name won't be on it. All I did was help a friend with a roof and many people have trouble with rooves. It's no biggy. :)
  • Options
    You're the best!

I. AM. A. UNICORN!
  • Options
    JuiceboxQueenJuiceboxQueen Posts: 77 Member
    @jeswainston65 rooms need to be completely closed off for the roofs not to invade them. You need ceilings and each room needs to be considered a room by the game. Meaning you would be able to move and save it as a room. Sometimes when I'm building I've noticed it doesn't all come together it's just separate walls. It's strange seeing as how they touch. I'm glad you found a solution to roof troubles. ♥
  • Options
    @jeswainston65 I'm going to take my version off the Gallery now you have it. I don't want others thinking it was my design. :)
  • Options
    @jeswainston65 rooms need to be completely closed off for the roofs not to invade them. You need ceilings and each room needs to be considered a room by the game. Meaning you would be able to move and save it as a room. Sometimes when I'm building I've noticed it doesn't all come together it's just separate walls. It's strange seeing as how they touch. I'm glad you found a solution to roof troubles. ♥

I didn't know that @JuiceboxQueen ... that is good to know...thank you.

@sawdust ... perfect...thanks.

I. AM. A. UNICORN!