Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 wishlist

SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
Some people have given up on Sims 4 and hope that Sims 5 will be better. For it to be better, it needs to be planned further in advance, and take more development time. But what features do you think are must-have's for Sims 5? And what are you willing to give up in order to get these must-haves? What is the most you would pay for Sims 5 if it had all the features you wanted?
I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2016
    I like the Sims 4, for the most part...., but for TS5 if it ever happens I want this:

First, I wouldn't mind if the graphics were similar TSMedieval ones which are neither too realistic nor too cartoony, just the right amount IMO. But I hope TS5 gets the best lighting a sims game ever had. TS3's light was terrible and objects had this very weird super annoying glow to them when they were exposed to light it was horrible. In TS4 lighting is far better but indoors it's actually kind of bad.

juh2lv.jpg

I want the big open worlds back and because I love TS4's Willow Creek I would love if the starter world would be a big New Orleans inspired world again with big willow trees and big victorian houses.

14467058956_1643d31c68_b.jpg

I'd like sims to have more significant traits, multitasking like in TS4 and emotions. I don't want sims to have moodlets I just don't like the direct moodlet emotion/skill buff approach, it feels..."huh"! I want emotions done better. I like that in TS4 different emotions give sims different animations for stuff, that is a must. And I want aspirations back, BUT I want them to be more generalized, the "do this 100 times" bores me to death.

In TS5 I hope the game doesn't bring any careers (so to speak). It's TS5 and I'm done with rabbit holes and loading screens. If EA/Maxis can't put active careers on the go, in some any way, I want them to let us have as many awesome skills as possible (well made of course) and give us the players the self employment in the base game from the start and release as a first EP active careers NOT goal oriented. Your sims would go to work and based on what the player chooses to do there the performance increases or decreases.

I'd also like to have ALL lifestates and that does not include super tall teens. Also ghosts in the base game from the go.

I don't really care for the color wheel but if it's there so much the better.

As for cars I hope they have TS2's animations and TS3 system BUT if they can manage a road system where cars don't enter in each other that would be AMAZIN'!!!!

And as for the rest the typical base game stuff, party invitations, npc's, the basic skills etc, etc.

mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    Lots of things should be added for the sims 5 like new life stages like young child and young teen babies should grow taller in length ever day toddlers children and teens should grow taller every week changing the sims height should be added they should added too the sims 3 and the sims 4 but never happened.
  • Options
    MissBirdieMissBirdie Posts: 3,003 Member
    I'm hoping for more in depth life stages- sims 3 were getting there but they back peddled for sims 4.
    Also, more diverse personailities for sims and repercussions due to those personalities.
    They are the two most important for me xD
    “Lying, the telling of beautiful untrue things, is the proper aim of Art.” – Oscar Wilde.
  • Options
    plopppoplopppo Posts: 5,031 Member
    edited January 2016
    Slam the door in the face of someone using a low/medium-spec PC and let the power users enjoy all that can be offered without scrimping and scraping to make sure a chuffing laptop doesn't catch fire and explode at the mere thought of a toddler tipping its potty over a sleeping Sim's head because the sleeping Sim forgot to feed the toddler.

Let's do the hardware vendors a favour and make everyone have to upgrade to play TS5 - then EA can shovel more copies of Battlefront, etc.

Everyone's a winner.
  • Options
    simsobsessedsimsobsessed Posts: 11 New Member
    I have MANY suggestions for Sims 5 and I hope it does come out eventually.

For example, private schools. Let's say in the town there are two automatic schools, a private school, and a public school. The public school would work just as it did in the sims 3 (In my idea the map follows the sims 3 layout, not sims 4), children and teens would go to school in their everyday outfits. However, in the private schools, sims would have to wear uniforms. Also, just like with the Get to Work expansion for Sims 4, you could go to build mode for the private school and set up your own uniform. you could even set a tuition for every week, and if you wanted to you could set gender restrictions (not to be sexist, just to make it realistic). The way you would do this is to have a public school for anyone, one private school for just girls, and a private school for boys, or just one private school. Another thing to add on is having a separate elementary school, middle school, and high school. This would work if there were more age options (child, preteen, and teenager.) I also think they should add back universities. The only bug with this idea is that there would be multiple schools in one town, but maybe there could be another town simply for the University (such as in Sims 3) Also, to enroll in a private school a parent sim could use their phone, computer, or with the sims 3 map layout, simply click on the school. I think it would be cool to have a "tour" option for schools. Maybe the sims could even take their kids to the school, where they meet a principal NPC. One thing I'd love to see is where you could actually follow students to school, such as with the doctor, police, and scientist professions, but this isn't a necessity to me. I wouldn’t mind a university and private school EP instead of a base game.

My next suggestion is illness and injuries.

Sims 4 tried to add illnesses, but to me, they weren't very impressive. I haven't experimented with illnesses much, but I think we need more of a variety. Also, I'd like to focus more on injuries. Maybe clumsy sims could be prone to get injured at work or school. They go to the hospital and the doctor says they have to use crutches for a week or have a wheelchair. There could be many minor injuries, such as falling down the stairs and needing crutches. And maybe something severe like getting a concussion. Maybe if the sims injuries are so serious, they could be sent to the hospital, and their pictures would be greyed out. It would also be cool to get a hospital bill, and if they are in school, there would be a "Make Up Work" option the next day they went to school. Also, let's say a sim doesn't think they need to go to the hospital. For every day they procrastinate, the injury gets more severe. To explain this in depth, let's say a kid gets a concussion, and two days after the injury, they finally go to the hospital. Normally, the conclusion would last maybe 5 days, but since they waited to be treated it would last 7 days because they didn't get treated. I'm not sure if this is accurate at all to the real world, but I think some research should be done to make sure it's as realistic as much as possible. I wouldn’t mind this being in EP as it seems a bit complicated for the base game.

Another suggestion is clothes.

I was very disappointed in the difference between sims 4 and sims 3 CAS. We had many more options in Sims 3 and I would like to see those options return (Color wheel). However, I did like how Sims could buy outfits in the Get to Work expansion pack. It'd be nice to have that again in Sims 5. Also, I think there should be more stores, and that we shouldn't have to build EVERY store, with a minimum of 10 mannequins. I think there should automatically be a layout for clothing stores. Also... WE NEED MORE WEDDING DRESSES AND TUXEDOS!! I can only recall there being a couple of dresses that could be considered a wedding dress in Sims 4, and only one in Sims 3. We should be able to go to a store to buy a wedding dress, and maybe just evening gowns all-together. Also, since the details in Sims 5 are supposed to be more intricate, it'd be nice to customize more of the clothes, such as length of shirts, skirts, pants, etc. One idea is when going in CAS mode, you could click on a shirt, and there would be a customization mode where you change it to ANY color, maybe even add a logo or picture, and change the length or width. All of this would be done on a mannequin version of your sim. And when you're finished, you could click done, and even a "Save" option for future use.

One thing I don't want to change is Build Mode. To me, it was so much easier to build a house in Sims 4, and hopefully, they keep that format but add more to it. Also, I like how you could change the land plots in sims 3 "Edit Mode". I would really like that feature back.
  • Options
    I have MANY suggestions for Sims 5.

For example, private schools. Let's say in the town there are two automatic schools, a private school, and a public school. The public school would work just as it did in the sims 3 (In my idea the map follows the sims 3 layout, not sims 4), children and teens would go to school in their everyday outfits. However, in the private schools, sims would have to wear uniforms. Also, just like with the Get to Work expansion for Sims 4, you could go to build mode for the private school and set up your own uniform. you could even set a tuition for every week, and if you wanted to you could set gender restrictions (not to be sexist, just to make it realistic). The way you would do this is to have a public school for anyone, one private school for just girls, and a private school for boys, or just one private school. Another thing to add on is having a separate elementary school, middle school, and high school. This would work if there were more age options (child, preteen, and teenager.) I also think they should add back universities. The only bug with this idea is that there would be multiple schools in one town, but maybe there could be another town simply for the University (such as in Sims 3) Also, to enroll in a private school a parent sim could use their phone, computer, or with the sims 3 map layout, simply click on the school. I think it would be cool to have a "tour" option for schools. Maybe the sims could even take their kids to the school, where they meet a principal NPC. One thing I'd love to see is where you could actually follow students to school, such as with the doctor, police, and scientist professions, but this isn't a necessity to me. I wouldn’t mind a university and private school EP instead of a base game.

My next suggestion is illness and injuries.

Sims 4 tried to add illnesses, but to me, they weren't very impressive. I haven't experimented with illnesses much, but I think we need more of a variety. Also, I'd like to focus more on injuries. Maybe clumsy sims could be prone to get injured at work or school. They go to the hospital and the doctor says they have to use crutches for a week or have a wheelchair. There could be many minor injuries, such as falling down the stairs and needing crutches. And maybe something severe like getting a concussion. Maybe if the sims injuries are so serious, they could be sent to the hospital, and their pictures would be greyed out. It would also be cool to get a hospital bill, and if they are in school, there would be a "Make Up Work" option the next day they went to school. Also, let's say a sim doesn't think they need to go to the hospital. For every day they procrastinate, the injury gets more severe. To explain this in depth, let's say a kid gets a concussion, and two days after the injury, they finally go to the hospital. Normally, the conclusion would last maybe 5 days, but since they waited to be treated it would last 7 days because they didn't get treated. I'm not sure if this is accurate at all to the real world, but I think some research should be done to make sure it's as realistic as much as possible. I wouldn’t mind this being in EP as it seems a bit complicated for the base game.

Another suggestion is clothes.

I was very disappointed in the difference between sims 4 and sims 3 CAS. We had many more options in Sims 3 and I would like to see those options return (Color wheel). However, I did like how Sims could buy outfits in the Get to Work expansion pack. It'd be nice to have that again in Sims 5. Also, I think there should be more stores, and that we shouldn't have to build EVERY store, with a minimum of 10 mannequins. I think there should automatically be a layout for clothing stores. Also... WE NEED MORE WEDDING DRESSES AND TUXEDOS!! I can only recall there being a couple of dresses that could be considered a wedding dress in Sims 4, and only one in Sims 3. We should be able to go to a store to buy a wedding dress, and maybe just evening gowns all-together. Also, since the details in Sims 5 are supposed to be more intricate, it'd be nice to customize more of the clothes, such as length of shirts, skirts, pants, etc. One idea is when going in CAS mode, you could click on a shirt, and there would be a customization mode where you change it to ANY color, maybe even add a logo or picture, and change the length or width. All of this would be done on a mannequin version of your sim. And when you're finished, you could click done, and even a "Save" option for future use.

One thing I don't want to change is Build Mode. To me, it was so much easier to build a house in Sims 4, and hopefully, they keep that format but add more to it. Also, I like how you could change the land plots in sims 3 "Edit Mode". I would really like that feature back.
  • Options
    Sorry it accidentally posted twice :(
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited March 2018
    I don't really know if I want open world tbh even though I know its been hugely requested. I love the sims 4 so much so I personally would be ok with something similar to what 4 has with the world over all and then smaller neighborhoods in the world but maybe slightly bigger neighborhoods with more lots and no loading screens between lots so you can just walk across the street and knock on a sims door again like 3. Create a style or at the very least a colour wheel for all objects cas assets and build items. Cars and bikes back along with the car pool. Burglars and cop, firefighter and exterminator npcs back. Wants, fears and turn ons/off like sims 2 please let :smiley:

Edit: also I really hope they keep Create a sim the same as it is now in 4, to me cas is the sims 4's best feature. Its fun to make sims as you can do anything. Also I would like to see a memory system like the sims 2 has, I personally found it really easy and fun to go through and see the sims history like met a sims, had first kiss, got married, moved house etc. It was also more fun that way. I used to go through all of the npcs just looking at their memories as it was so easy. I feel like it's been made too complicated in the past few games or maybe that's just me.

Most importantly and this may be reaching a bit but Seasons in the base game or at the very least rain and thunder. With the other seasons coming later in dlc packs.

Grocery stores and clothing stores back like we had then in the sims 2 and also where you can call up and get some food supplies delivered when your fridge runs low. I really liked that aspect of the sims 2 and am sad it never came back. Same for wall phones, have mobile phones as something your sims can buy from a store like sims 2 instead of having all sims automatically own one and no wall/house phones.

Babies you can carry to the fridge and bottle feed then leave stinky bottles on the floor like sims 2.

Sims have to make the bed, feel like in the sims 4 hiring a maid is kinda pointless as very rarely do things get dirty to the point your sims can't keep on top of it. In the sims 2 and 3 I always hired a maid because I actually felt like I needed to.
    Post edited by Simsfan99111 on
  • Options
    lisamtownlisamtown Posts: 206 Member
    I'm hoping for the sequel to 2.. The sims from 2 made me laugh, adore them and feel sad when some died of old age.. I feel with 3 they went over board on the graphics and open world. To me they forgot to give the sims a soul in 3. Don't get me wrong I loved the open world. They need to keep neighborhoods smaller maybe let us create our own like in 2. Graphics from 2 were not that bad maybe just a little upgrade.. The color wheel from3 was awesome. I do like in 4 the option to turn on aging for the neighborhood so that would be cool to have in 5.. In 5 don't forget about us family players which was the reason I feel in love with the sims.. I'm opened for new game play like in 2 the kids play mary mack, cops and robbers etc change that up with something new.. Example wrestle, hide and seek.. Have the sims do things on their own like in 2... Once in 2 I was playing a family a kid was aging up a fire started a toddler was on the floor the dad without me instructing him picked up the toddler ran outside and put the toddler by the mailbox and kissed it on the forehead.. When I realized what he had done I adored him and was so sad when he died from old age.. I don't get those feelings from 3 or 4.. :smile:
    graphics-wallet-540882.gif
  • Options
    Lord_Downey85Lord_Downey85 Posts: 8 New Member
    I think Sims 5 should make more sense when it comes to expansion packs. They've always been a bit random for me. Like, now there's University, where was it before?Now you have a downtown! Did it just grow out of the ground like a mushroom (with vampires for some reason?). Now you can travel! So, what, were my sims living in a bubble that suddenly popped? I think it's dumb. Sims 5 should be more organic. Start with a base game set in a small town. A handful of different neighbourhoods with little commercial areas and then a central commercial district with all the jobs. You don't necessarily need an open world for the entire world, but maybe open neighbourhoods so your sim can walk to a neighbour or pop down to the local grocery store. And then your sim needs to use a car/bus to move between neighbourhoods and instead of using a loading screen for that they make it more interesting like a prerecorded bus route showing your sims getting on the bus and then following on a map (or like when you followed a car in sims 3) to the destination.

And then for each expansion they add a new area to the town. Bringing in more job options could be done by expanding the commercial district. University can be added with the addition of a university to the town. After a few expansion packs the town now becomes a city with the addition of the Downtown/City Living expansion. Add an airport and harbour for the vacation expansion pack. Different cultures could be brought in with different areas in the town like a China Town or Little Italy being a new neighbourhood so with each expansion/game pack the towns become a little more interesting and a little bigger and it all happens more naturally
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited September 2018
    But what features do you think are must-have's for Sims 5? And what are you willing to give up in order to get these must-haves? What is the most you would pay for Sims 5 if it had all the features you wanted?
    • Must have for me would be every kind of feature that would enable me, as the player, to take it from where the devs left off and make the game my own. Freedom and creativity. So yeah, CASt, definitely CASt. And the ability to at least adjust worlds or, better even, create them.
    • An art style that will look both charming as realistic (I don't find photorealism very charming for instance) and game characters that combine the best of Sims 3, Medieval and Sims 4. NO cartoon though. Quirky yes, clowny no. And not too stylized, I want graphics with 'noise'. Texture. Not everything looking like rubber.
    • Open worlds that are connected. They don't have to be as large as Sims 3 worlds, but at least 1/3. I do want those worlds to have their own villagers, that will only show up in other worlds when you invite them. (edit: oh, and transportation; definitely cars and bicycles etc back!; teleporting as an option for those who prefer that, but not as a given)
    • A total focus on personalities and sims remembering things, leading to consequences when things happen to them. Gameplay being based on that. I want the principle "exaggerating human behaviour" back in the franchise. In a funny way, but being funny must not be the goal, rather a result because it's recognizable.

I'd be prepared to pay a lot for such a game, if it would mean a basegame being fun on its own, DLC being an add on instead of a necessity. I understand and appreciate nothing's for free.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Lord_Downey85Lord_Downey85 Posts: 8 New Member
    Further to my previous suggestion, I would like for towns to grow, or give me the ability to add new neighbourhood, like, predesigned, blank/populated neighbourhoods. I'd also like the ability to change the socio economic circumstances of a neighbourhood based on the types, quality and value of houses in the neighbourhood. So a posh one can decline over time and a "poor" one can become better over time. This would also make more sense when considering something like a Private school. If the town has a lot of wealthy people in it then a private school makes sense. Maybe it can be like an achievement, "Your town has become wealthy enough for X-Private School Developer to choose your town for the next expansion of their boutique private school offerings" (something totally over the top like that would be delightful!)
  • Options
    SinilitySinility Posts: 31 Member
    Oh yay, my favorite topic! -she said EXCITEDLY!!-

One of the things I really want to see are more clubs! I know Sims 4 has the get together, but it missed out on so much potential! I want more Scout related clubs with tasks, like sell cookies, participate in more events. Same for sports, dancing, cheer-leading etc. Each one could have a certain task to complete before moving on to the next level. If the club had actual tasks, I think it would be more fun.

There just needs to be more for children and teenagers; dances/proms, social groups/outings, study groups. I like the projects that the kids bring home now, that is fun, I just need more. Children and Teens are so boring.

I also miss the open world, or at the very least, open neighborhood. I just want my sim to walk next door to her BFF's house without a load screen. Going to another neighborhood/area outside of the sim's immediate surroundings, I do not have a preference for loading screen or not.

I'm sure I'll think of more when I have had more sleep, lol. But these are the things that I have been hoping for since Sims 1
  • Options
    GxbbyCatGxbbyCat Posts: 49 Member
    There should be preteens! It should be shorter than some of the other life stages, but it is important! They can make it so that preteens can break out and go through all the hormonal changes! Women should be able to get their period at this stage (preteen-adult). This would make everything more realistic!

Height! I know they had mods for this, but, they are kind of glitchy in the way that actions like hugging and kissing look, strange lol. This would be a harder feature but it would make sims more unique!

Open worlds need to come back! Sims 3 did a good job of this (Although many people complained about the lag, I didn't get any and I had a low end computer) and the loading screens in sims 4 are very annoying!

A feature that was in Sims 4 that SHOULD stay is when sims move to a different town, their relationships stay the same. In the Sims 3, if your household moved to a different neighbourhood, all your relationships with the previous town disappeared.
    33ljytw.gif
  • Options
    maxiracingmaxiracing Posts: 26 Member
    Go to space haha
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    roman2886 wrote: »
    Lots of things should be added for the sims 5 like new life stages like young child and young teen babies should grow taller in length ever day toddlers children and teens should grow taller every week changing the sims height should be added they should added too the sims 3 and the sims 4 but never happened.

• Options
    DootLikeASkeletonDootLikeASkeleton Posts: 506 Member
    First of all, I think more trait spots would be fun. Maybe you could set the amount by yourself. I always want a sixth trait in my Sims 3 game.

Next on my list would be to put the Sims series back on Steam. If you don't do that, I likely won't buy the Sims 5.

Once again, height. I would like presets instead of a slider, mostly so there isn't a million animations (lag)

Open world. Can't say this enough. I've heard about the Sims 4's closed world and it sounds so annoying.

Adoptable minor pets. I have the pets EP, and I hate having to catch the little critters. I'd really enjoy a little pet shelter for the little guys.

There should be preteens. They'd be a mix between a child and a teen. Their parents could teach them to cook and they could begin to babysit the toddlers and babies.

There should be jobs to work at home. Like a at-home secretary or a private nurse.

The hospital needs more purpose. Make home accidents. Burns. Cuts. Scrapes. Sims can slip in the shower and break a bone. Life-threatening diseases. Make the hospital less of a workplace and more... of a hospital.

You're supposed to look at the post, weirdo silly!
  • Options
    HIGHER_DESIGNHIGHER_DESIGN Posts: 57 Member
    Diagonal stair placement *Fingers Crossed*
  • Options
    RubihuggzRubihuggz Posts: 32 Member
    I want the sims 5 to be more realistic like how ts3 was. I dont care for the cartoony look.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Better personalities.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    OliCaitOliCait Posts: 476 Member
    Open worlds

Improved babies

Better personalities (star signs, favourite colours and stuff again)

More playable jobs

Ability to build apartments

Better generational events (better weddings, funerals, prom, etc...)

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head
  • Options
    BBM123144BBM123144 Posts: 5 New Member
    I want a good balance between the sims 3 and the sims 4. The open world and customization options of the sims 3 was a big plus. The more user friendliness and build-mode of the sims 4 felt very well polished. New options might look into adding more scenarios, events, and other things here and there that we can explore, similar to the jobs like the medical career in the sims 4 where we can visit it.
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    edited February 2019
    Wow. Where do I start? Well, they had a good idea with Create-A-Sim in The Sims 4, but I would love to see it enhanced. For example, you could choose the length and flow of the hair by clicking and dragging. If you choose an updo, you could pull out a certain thickness of hair and make it stray. For button-up shirts, you could click on at least the top three buttons to open or close them individually.
    I'd like to see the seasons as a natural element, and not something we choose to have in our worlds. Included, and uncontrollable. Same with pets. And unlike The Sims 4, I would like to see cars. Cars that the Sims can actually use. Cars that involve getting in and out of, instead of fading into or out of them. They should have more options; Steal, Damage, Repair For Keeps, Repair To Sell, Put On Winter Tires, and Decorate, just for starters. I'd like multiple maps to be incorporated into one gigantic world, but to avoid issues players could choose to have the world loaded to a specific point, like in The Sims 2. I'd like it if the Sims could find money on the street. I'd like tree houses that give new moodlets, like Splinter! or Afraid Of Heights. Or when there are several Sims inside, interactions like Tell A Ghost Story and Form A Club With... would create new options, like Make Secret Knock and Hold Meeting At... , and new moodlets, like Good Meeting, Bad Meeting. I'd love it if they could sit on the stairs and do things on them, like phone someone, or eat, or read.
    And let's just hypothesize that instead of clicking on Build and searching through categories to magically place something in front of the Sims, they have to do it themselves. Go to the store. Browse the furniture. Buy the paint to redo the walls. Buy the tiles to do the floors by hand. Water the lawn with a hose, like people actually do. Go up a ladder to put the decorations on the roof. And on that note, they should be able to sit on the roof and look at the stars.
    And what about The Sims 5: Nightlife? But instead of just going to clubs, you can actually BE the robber. I'd like to click on a Sim's window and see Smash! and then, inside the house, click anywhere on the floor and it would say Sneak Here, and then click on any object and click Steal. And it would be awesome if you could also hide places to evade the law, and choose to keep or hock whatever you stole.
    Be safe.
  • Options
    RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    It would also be great if, in addition to choosing the type and pitch of the Sim's voice, you could also choose the loudness of it. Low is whisper, high is almost shouting.
    Be safe.