Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Q: How to schedule a video release on Youtube? (Subscribers not notified)

SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
About 8 days ago I uploaded a video and sceduled its release to Jan 27th. Today status changed from Private to Public, and it's listed officially.

But - to my surprise the upload date is still what counts, not release date. This means subscribers don't get notified in "Releaded Today" or "Released this Week", but in "Released this Month"... meaning hardly any will catch it.

So, question is, how could I have scheduled the release in a way that release date would count more than upload date?

I really don't see any point at all in scheduling a video if subsctibers won't get notified.

Anyone?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
Post edited by Simmerville on

Comments

• Options
    ShadowPhoenix21ShadowPhoenix21 Posts: 141 Member
    They don't get notified? O.O
    I though they did.
    Or maybe try the premier thing. I haven't tried it my self. Good luck
    Let me know how it goes.
  • Options
    No they don't. I thought they would, but I have a second blogger account, and logged in with it on Youtube, then subscribed to my Sims channel. This was a few days before the release. The new vid only shows as "Recent month", not "Today". I don't think many subscribers woulsd scroll that far back to look for updates.

Premer thing? Sounds like one would need to pay?
  • Options
    @Simmerville I don't have to pay and I can do it. Schedule it like you normally do and above that there is a premier. it is greyed out click on it to turn it on. It should work :)
  • Options
    @Simmerville I don't have to pay and I can do it. Schedule it like you normally do and above that there is a premier. it is greyed out click on it to turn it on. It should work :)

Thanks. I'll check it out. I scheduled this time because I'm abroad for several weeks and did not bring the videos. But normally I will not need to schedule releases. Will still be good to learn how Premiere works.
  • Options
    @Simmerville No problem, it should work or at least they get a notification of when it will be live, but I only have one account so I can not 100% say for sure it will. But it should. Have fun abroad!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    We could test it out by using Premiere feature, and posting about it here. I'm a subscriber so then I could check my yt account for notifications. And vice versa.

PS: I think I subscribed to the wrong "shadowphoenix21" - latest addition uploaded 12 years ago...?
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    yes that is not me, I wanted that name but it was already taken.
    I am Shadowphoenix Gaming
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDFIrbf4IIOreWeGY5Unzw?view_as=subscriber
  • Options
    yes that is not me, I wanted that name but it was already taken.
    I am Shadowphoenix Gaming
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDFIrbf4IIOreWeGY5Unzw?view_as=subscriber

Just confirming that your premiere release today is listed in my subscriptions of today's releases. So - it worked as intended, and I should definitely have used that feature. Well, I could of course re-release the video that dd not get many views at all, but I think that would be wrong too, especially to those who already saw it. Maybe I should simply upload a temporary 30 sec notifiction video about the past release when I'm back home.