Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like a Details Panel in the Manage Household menu?

IDK about anyone else, but I wouldn't mind a feature implemented in the Manage Households feature that gave details about the sims living in the household. Sometimes I find townies I like and I want to move them in with my sims, and currently the only way to find out information about them is to move them in and look at their simology panel, but it sure would be nice to be able to look at that information beforehand. Also, in my own personal experience, when I was trying to put together a household for the specific purpose of taking homeless teens off the street and put them in an adoption center, it's really difficult to tell the difference between teens and adults because of the height. Now, I know height between teens and adults is a hot button issue, I'm not here to argue that. Just using it as an example of why a detail panel could be useful.

Would you like something like this? And what kind of information would you like to see? I'm thinking basic simology stuff: name, age, traits, etc. Something like the way the gallery works where we can see the household and individual sims before downloading them.
Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
Sims 4 Blog
Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.

Would you like a Details Panel in the Manage Household menu? 11 votes

Yes
72%
craftaholicEnkiSchmidtFreezerBunnyCowplantKriticalKlownShadyLady89ListentoToppDoggLanieBornehaverice377 8 votes
No
27%
taydevSigzy05purpleplum 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2019
    No
    No. See the point of a game is to play it.

If you want to know more about a sim talk to him/her. Getting to know a sim will reveal his/her traits. Having this panel is just...no. I'd like if they maybe added the ask tab in the pie menu with multiple questions like in TS2 and you guess what the sim answers through the speech bubbles, which is 100% accurate you just have to pay attention.

For example, in TS2 if you ask a sim how much money they have, they'll show you a speech bubble with an x amount of simoleon symbols. The more symbols there are in the speech bubble the richer the sim.

That's how you handle stuff in a game. Not by placing information pannels where you can automatically visualize everything. That's why TS2 is the best. Because it makes you play it.

Either way if you take that sim into CAS in Manage Worlds you can already see the sim's info.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Yes
    @Sigzy05 I appreciate your candor and insightful response. I definitely agree that playing the game is far more fun, but I do run into situations where it would be handy to have a feature like I mentioned. Thanks for sharing your input!
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    dopaminedroiddopaminedroid Posts: 169 Member
    There currently is a way to see their traits without playing with them, though. Not in the household panel, but in the world by clicking on the house and then clicking on the sim's picture underneath the household description. You'd need to figure out where they live of course.
    -OneGrilledCheese @ the gallery-
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    Yes
    @dopaminedroid I am aware of this. I'm talking about sims who are not in world, but thanks for the input!
    Sims 4 Blog
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I haven't had an issue telling teens from adults in the manage households window. They pose differently for the pictures. So with that said, I can't think of too many more reasons why I'd need something like this. I agree with the comment that finding out in the game is more enjoyable.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Yes
    Why not
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    Sure, why not.