Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever decorated an entire world using the seasonal lot marker?

LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
edited January 2019 in The Sims 3 World Builders
I was just wondering what everyone else's experience was in doing this.

In my last CAW project I did this on almost every lot, where there would at least be some kind of decoration on the front of the lot to make everything look festive.

Needless to say, it was very hard on the game during seasonal switches. But it was a lovely effect. Has anyone else done this? What was your experience with it?
"Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
Post edited by Linamints on

Comments

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I would never have thought of doing that. I might add them to a couple of community lots to see what happens :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've done it for some lots but I always was worried about the effects on playing for people who don't know about the lots or have computers which are low for the game.

I bet you did a Wonderful job. :+1::cookie:
  • Options
    RosemaryStarRosemaryStar Posts: 43 Member
    What is seasonal lot marker? I'm still learning about CAW features. You can always put in a warning about the seasonal lot marker if you upload your world.
  • Options
    LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    @RosemaryStar A seasonal lot marker is something you find in buydebug. It's how the festival grounds change their decor every season. You can technically put them on any lot. So say, you want the whole world to have the holiday spirit you can put one on every lot to change decorations year round.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    What is seasonal lot marker? I'm still learning about CAW features. You can always put in a warning about the seasonal lot marker if you upload your world.

It's not a CAW function, it's a lot building option in debug. :)