Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Middle-East Gamepack

So I just thought of this and I mean, how cool would it be? I always love it when they introduce new worlds in the game, especially when they are inspired by real places, and it would be amazing to have a world with a middle-eastern resemblance - yeah Oasis Springs is a desert but it's more like an American desert I think, and also Middle-East isn't all about deserts. Maybe I'm biased, being half middle-eastern myself, but I think there would be many cool things that could be added in the game with a pack like this.

- new amazing build mode stuff, of course (just think of Middle-Eastern architecture)
- new clothes, both modern and old-fashioned
- new foods and drinks
- new music and musical instruments
- magic carpets anyone?
- GeNiEs!!!

It could also be a new travel destination but I'd personally love to have sims live there as well.
I know I'm probably the only one in the whole world who would like something like this, but I really wanted to share it. If anyone wants to add to my ideas, feel free to join in! :)

Comments

• Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    So what would be the theme? Outdoor Retreat focused on camping and Jungle Adventure focused on exploring.
    Would a Middle Eastern (I'm assuming vacation world) GP also focus on exploring, or would it explore new territory?
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I like the idea in general but I think if it's a vacation world there would need to be something more to it. Hopefully not collecting because we already have so much of that and the inventories are a mess, but perhaps some new activities would be good.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    I like the idea in general but I think if it's a vacation world there would need to be something more to it. Hopefully not collecting because we already have so much of that and the inventories are a mess, but perhaps some new activities would be good.

New foods, and harvestables would be good. But yeah we would need something unique to it. Maybe astrology and astronomy, I've heard that the stars are clearest in the desert. I think this goes with other ideas for country/area game packs that are in the idea corner already. Themed worlds.

I think I'd prefer it if it was a world world, yeah you could go on vacation, or you could live there.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I mean, you're definitely not alone. Sims 3 World Adventures had Al Simhara, which WAS a middle eastern inspired destination based on Egypt (but tied heavily into the exploration focus of that EP), and it was actually very fun. That said though, it's main pull was the exploration of tombs, so I'm not entirely sure what you'd focus on in just a Middle Eastern EP. Maybe a focus on new crafting skills, since the region is well known through history for it's bustling and booming market places? Maybe with textiles, glassblowing, metalcrafting?
  • Options
    SimmerBoiSimmerBoi Posts: 134 Member
    edited January 2019
    @LSM36

Yeah, same here, it would definitely be better as a "world world". Anyways I really like the exploration parts in vacation destination, and if there were a genie part there could be some exploration involved to find him. Also in middle-eastern culture genies are not inherently good, in fact they're also regarded as demons, so it could also be dangerous? I don't know really, I'm mostly focused on the architecture/food/clothes/scenery and mAgiC cArPeTs hahaha

• Options
    KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    Oh my gosh, YES please! I think a middle-eastern inspired world could be beautiful in TS4. It would probably be a vacation world (I don't like that I can't actually have my sims live in vacation worlds but oh well) but I think they could do a lot of fun stuff with that sort of environment.
  • Options
    storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    This would be wonderful!! I love the idea of the crafting skill/activity possibilities like someone else mentioned above. I love being able to craft things in the game and sell them. I would love to be able to make pottery! I feel like that'd be a nice addition to a Middle Eastern theme.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Yes, bring back the pottery wheel! The sewing machine as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HalvareshHalvaresh Posts: 22 Member
    Forgot to add, Tomb building! I really miss that about World Adventures.
  • Options
    Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
    I think this could be great. I'd like to see it focus on crafting and food, give us more options for hobbies and businesses.