Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a mod for this?

I just started up my Sims 3 game again. I have always used the Nrass mods and I don't think I could play without them. I added a couple more mods to my game when I came back - the canning station overhaul and no more crying over dead plants.

Anyway, I have been looking for a mod that will stop the gnomes from aging and dying. I do not want baby gnomes, toddler gnomes, or any of the other life stages for gnomes; and I certainly don't want them to die! I thought about just uninstalling the generations EP just to make sure the gnomes don't age, but I really want the other things from that pack. I remember rage quitting once before when my Voltron gnome died. I'm hoping to find something before I actually start to play - right now I'm just setting up the town (playing in Roaring Heights for the first time).

Completely done with EA

Comments

• Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I didn't see anything at MTS or simsasylum. You might be able to do what you want with NRaas Retuner. I've never changed these settings so consider this experimental:

City hall or any computer>NRaas>Retuner>Settings>General>By Tunable XML>Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Environment>MagicGnome

Under this option look for these two settings:

kChanceToSpawnToddler is the chance the game will spawn a toddler gnome IF there are 2 or more gnomes on the lot. Default is 0.1 (or 10%). Try setting this value to 0 to disable the game from spawning toddler gnomes.

kDaysToAgeUpToElder is the length of the gnome adult stage (there is no YA gnome stage) in days. I don't see any way to simply stop gnomes from aging. As a workaround you could try setting this value to a large number (default is 18). Unfortunately, I don't know the upper limit for this number. Perhaps try 1000? That would be some 142 sim-weeks, probably longer then you are realistically going to play a game.

Again, I've never changed these settings so don't know if there might be any unforeseen consequences. You'd have to test it out. And sometimes the game doesn't honor xml tuning changes even if you implemented these changes in a tuning mod instead of using Retuner.
  • Options
    GemSixxGemSixx Posts: 144 Member
    @TreyNutz Thank you! I will try that. :) I wish they had made only the plain magic gnome age and have babies. The Voltron took too long to put together just to have it die in 18 days. :|

Completely done with EA

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    I don't like gnomes dying when I'm trying to collect all of them either, so I just cheat a little. When I find a gnome headstone, I find out what kind of gnome died, then use the buydebug menu to replace the headstone with a live gnome of the same kind.