Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the CL yardsale working now?

Several of my families/household have leftover collectables and even crafted items that I would love to be able to have them sell and yes I know I could buy them a retail lot or even sell the items via the inventory. But I like, for story purposes, to have my Sims just chuck a table in a park or even in their driveway and have them just sell their loot that way.

Now, I haven't tried the yard sale myself, especially as I had heard that its function is broken but I was able to do so at one of the Flea Market Festival by using one of its street tables and it worked REALLY well. I just like to ask, before I try it myself, if anyone has managed to successfully use it outside the Festival in recent weeks?

If not, does anyone know of a mod that fixes the yardsale in any way?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I haven't used it for a while now, but I remember when it was broken and that it got fixed after that. Unless it broke again it should still be working. It would really only take a few seconds for you to find out yourself.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I know the street art item for paintings don't really work, but I use the yard sale table quite often and it seems to work fine for me. You may want to go into the game and test it yourself to see if it works for your sims though as it will vary from player to player. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2019
    The table/art gallery gets repeatedly broken with almost every patch. Whether it works depends on what lot type you're on. If I use it at home, customers barge into my house and never buy anything unless I lock all doors. If you use it on a festival lot, customers won't even come over when using the interaction to make them take a look. Same thing happens on a retail lot. Mind you, these lot types used to work in the past. Just give it a try and see if it works for you.
  • Options
    auginstineauginstine Posts: 68 Member
    I’ve been using the yard sale at my home lot for awhile now. They do just barge in your house so for now on, I will just make a fence around my whole house and lock the one gate. That aspect will probably never be fixed. Sims do tend to buy items pretty fast surprisingly.