Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

my Sim turns into skeleton before going to work every day

This just started happening. Instead of changing into her work clothes, she changes into a skeleton. When she comes home, she changes back. I have the Jungle pack but my Sims in this game haven't visited yet. My sim is a musician, and none of the other Sims in the household (all with various jobs) change to a skeleton. She did flirt with the Grim Reaper once, but that was a while ago, and she's currently a Young Adult. I have tried resetting her with the resetsim cheat, but no effect.

Any ideas why this is happening? Is it a bug or is it supposed to happen? It's not game-wrecking (as long as she keeps changing back) but it is distracting. Any ideas how to stop it or prevent it from happening?

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    did this start happening when the sim got a promotion at work? or was it just immediately after ja installed with no promotion involved? also, do you use any mods at all?

if the first, i'm going to guess someone forgot to set one of the skeleton 'outfits' (there are a few) to not be in the randomized options for career outfits. if the second, one of the skeleton 'outfits' might have accidentally replaced the code/id number for that sim's work outfit. if the third... it's still outfit related, obviously, but a bit harder to track down since mods can sometimes affect things that don't seem even remotely related to them on the surface
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    That's awesome!! I love some of the surprises that get thrown our way As long as she changes back when she gets home it would be fun to just go with it until her next promotion.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Most likely a harmless bug, had a similar problem where one of my sims would "put on" a stab wound when they went to work.
    It disappeared when they got a promotion with a new work outfit, if that doesn't work quitting your job and joining back should.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    that is sooo random but funny! I would just go with the flow and see what happens haha!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited January 2019
    You could try this cheat, enabling testing cheats first, when your Sim is 'dressed' as the skeleton: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas
    It might help if the game is wrongly assigning your Sim the skeleton outfit as a career outfit.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    That’s pretty funny! Must be an office prankster..
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    It is definitely tied to their career outfit. She got a promotion before I could try the reset, and she's no longer a skeleton. But she's still not in the correct career outfit- now she's wearing cc. And it just seems to be her- no other sim is having this happen. But I don't have to look at her while she's at work, so as long as she isn't a skeleton, I dn't care what she wears.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    AHR404 wrote: »
    It is definitely tied to their career outfit. She got a promotion before I could try the reset, and she's no longer a skeleton. But she's still not in the correct career outfit- now she's wearing cc. And it just seems to be her- no other sim is having this happen. But I don't have to look at her while she's at work, so as long as she isn't a skeleton, I dn't care what she wears.

Or you could just use the cheat: sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas ?

I use this ALL the time on my Sims' hideous work outfits :D
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Thanks for the tip loubyloulou! Some of those career outfits are terrible!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    AHR404AHR404 Posts: 564 Member
    Finally changed her work outfit. Much better! Thanks for the code, loubyloulou!