Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Iceproof trait question

Quick question for folks with seasons. I had a couple of sims go swimming in a blizzard and they started to freeze to death. Is this supposed to happen to sims who have the Iceproof trait or could it be an issue with my game(I have some mods and cc)? Figured I would check to see before trying to figure out what mod might be causing it. I don't often make my sims swim in blizzards, etc, but you never know lol.

Comments

• Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    I know the heat acclimation trait just means they deal with the heat better but they can still be affected by things heat related - is this the same with this trait but for the cold? I haven't looked into the extra ones all that much - I tend to forget theyre there sometimes - but that could be something to do with it?
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    cold- and heat-acclimation work like pastelmermaid mentioned (they deal with the cold or heat better, depending on which trait they've got, but can still be affected by it). the heatproof and iceproof traits are supposed to make the sims entirely immune to the specific temperature category and, if a sim is given both, they should kind of act like vampires (who are immune to temperatures by default)

so, basically, i wouldn't think iceproof sims swimming in a blizzard should freeze to death (even if that's a crazy thing for them to do) but never actually tested it out. might need to poke at it in my game sometime. and have a vampire do the same thing to see if they're affected or not
  • Options
    DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    seasons don't traits don't really do much -- none of them. Use coolspear's mods if you want the traits to be, you know, functional.