Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get townies to age without affecting my other households?

I have been away from simming for a long time and I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.

Comments

• Options
    JennyNoelleJennyNoelle Posts: 22 Member
    You can hold a birthday party for the townie, provided your sim knows them, and make them use a birthday cake. There's an option, something like 'age up sim...' or something, but I forget exactly what.
    Or you could move them in, age them up with the birthday cake, move them out, and remove them from played households.
    Or you could use mods, like MC Command Center, which has a command that allows you to force a sim to age up (even if they are unplayed).
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I believe there is an option to turn off aging only for played household, all your other household(played, not just favorited) aging will be turned off but townies remain unbothered.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Hey! I hope you’re enjoying getting back into the game. :smile:

If you’re playing with aging enabled, townies should age automatically without any needed input from you. However, if you’re playing with aging off, as I do, you’ll need to manually edit those households via CAS.
    I don’t know how familiar you are with TS4, so I’ll write out the steps for you below. If you are familiar, then this should be a piece of cake! :smiley:

1.) From the world select menu, open up the cheats menu. To do this, hit ctrl, shift + c on your keyboard. A small window should pop up at the very top of the screen.
    2.) Now that the menu is open, type testingcheats true and hit enter.
    3.) Next, type cas.fulleditmode into the menu bar and hit enter. To exit the cheats menu, hit esc.
    4.) At the top right corner of the screen, select the “manage households” icon. From there, you can locate the townie families you want to edit from the “other households” section. Select their image, then hit the pencil icon at the bottom of the pop-up window. Once you enter CAS, you’ll be able to manually age them.
    5.) After you edit a household, the game will put them into the “my households” section. If you don’t want them there, just select their household once more and hit the heart icon at the bottom of the pop-up window. This will place them back into the “other households” section.

I know it’s a lot of steps, but you don’t have to age every townie at once. In my game, I’ll age certain age groups or even individual sims once I feel like they should be older; otherwise, I let them be.

I hope this helps you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    If you play with aging off, you can manually edit the households via CAS. If you play with aging on, you can do it with cheats or the MC Command Center Mod (right click on their profile in the Relationships panel). Happy Simming!
  • Options
    MakoSimsMakoSims Posts: 284 Member
    21aiHki.png

Not sure if this is what you meant, but these settings will allow townies to age but not your played sims.
    Origin ID: sakura-drops
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »
    21aiHki.png

Not sure if this is what you meant, but these settings will allow townies to age but not your played sims.

You can also set that to have only your current played household age up while your other played households don't (if you're playing rotationally for example). That's the setting I use and it works for me.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    MakoSims wrote: »
    21aiHki.png

I've had that set but nothing's been happening. :/
  • Options
    AnisimAnisim Posts: 181 Member
    I am getting random Elders I've never met passing away but everyone slse still won't age up.
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    If you want to age someone up specifically, I suggest using the birthday method that someone mentioned above!