Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Players Favorite Restaurants and Why

I thought it would great to get some player input on restaurants that worked wonderfully for them game play wise and why.
So show us some pictures, the builders name and builds name on the gallery and why you enjoyed it so much.
Doesn't matter if you made the build by the way.. as long as you played in it too!
egTcBMc.png

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited January 2019
    Today I played in one called Plant Based Diner the creator on the gallery is suusja.
    I put it Johnny Quest's old lot. It's compact and one story. Mostly I loved it because the interior is gorgeous. The flow was also good.
    The food menu choices looked great as did the servers uniforms.
    My sim stayed there for two meals and is trying to get celebrity points by dating Judith Ward so it wasn't just about getting in and out for me but I clocked the order time to completion to be 2 and a half to 3 hours for the date. I did put some lights in the bathroom, added a woohoo bush because.. reasons and took out some pet items.
    315oqwj.png
    2lwb2bn.png
    24wyi3m.png
    vii9za.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Today I went to one called Fortnite Palm Diner made by cleopatra1357
    Now I don't play Fortnite, but I liked the way it looked and it was a great idea to do. I put it in my Stardew Valley save. The dining experience was good and the flow was good.. The waitress had an x over her head once and I think it was trying to serve some sims that went outside to eat at a picnic table near the garbage cans. I did think it was funny.. but I might have to see if that was causing the problem. My sims were served fine though.
    Anyway, it's cute, eclectic and made me smile and it worked without trouble so here's my pics. Sorry about the overcast it's winter in Oasis Springs.
    wwfexf.png
    2cxdvua.png
    npnwhi.png
    5wfkgp.png

Come on people show me one you like to send your sims too that is available on the gallery!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited January 2019
    This is a cool thread idea! :smile: OP: the "Plant Based Diner" you mentioned is so beautiful! The interior design is just stunning; I love the use of the Jungle Adventure build/buy items and placement of the candles on the half-walls.

I actually have five different restaurants I keep in my save files, but I'll only mention the one that stands out the most to me so as to not post a mile-long comment. :lol:

This restaurant is one of my absolute favorites. In fact, I always transfer it between my saves because I love it so much. I place it on the "Old Salt House" lot in San Myshuno because I think it really complements the style of the city, specifically the Spice District. It's called Asian on the Wharf by SpecterCody. I believe I modified it slightly, but it's overall the same. I think the interior design and color scheme is beautiful; it seems like it would be such a fun place to visit IRL. Also, I send my sims there frequently and have never had any major issues with it. The wait staff navigates the building efficiently and my sims receive their orders in a much more timely manner than I've encountered with other restaurants I've played. Here are some pictures...

gnFkH5Z.jpg

uyivsBD.jpg

rP3q0L3.jpg
  • Options
    That place looks great @klestrella .. love the colors I'm going to find it to use in my saves also. I have to admit a huge part of wanting to do this thread is to see places that work well in others games as well as look pretty good doing it :). Thanks and show as many as you like!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    That place looks great @klestrella .. love the colors I'm going to find it to use in my saves also. I have to admit a huge part of wanting to do this thread is to see places that work well in others games as well as look pretty good doing it :). Thanks and show as many as you like!
    I'm glad to know you also like the build. I highly recommend other builds by the creator of that restaurant; the attention to detail, architectural design, and color-coordination are always spot-on. I can only hope to build like that some day. :lol:

I may have to come back with more pictures later...I'll just have to make sure I can find the original creators' names to credit them. Also, I do hope more members comment here; it would be nice to see more restaurant recommendations. :smile:
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have two or so restaurants in my gallery that I tested, you could check 'em out.

Just an advice, don't make booths with one table and two couches attached to them, sims will bug out and teleport a lot with ruting errors. They aren't like in TS3 and weren't made to work like actual booths.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've got six different restaurants in my game and love them all but think some are a bit too niche for most players (such as 'sensational sixam', my alien-themed restaurant with all alien staff, the experimental foods and other things like the alien fruit tarts on the menu)

two of the three that i'm sharing here are placed in the vacation worlds, so can be a bit hard to reach in my game, but they fit the areas so beautifully... you'll only be able to visit restaurants on vacation lots either while your sim is vacationing in that world or when they get a random invite from an unplayed sim

first up is 'the cabin' by mightysneeze
    it's a sizeable rustic cabin that's been set up in granite falls, replacing one of the rentable cabins there. i've done a fair bit of editing to the lot and menu, but mostly just adding decor from cats and dogs and a few other things (i think the various feathers from north american birds look great hanging up here. as for the menu, i've changed it to mostly have the dishes you'd expect to find in a place like this, including things varying from burgers and steaks to seafood chowder, salmon croquettes, all the 'great meal' dinners and more)

748ff58882dbb6ff35ba692c245bc56d.jpg
    fae345cab19b583009d5a6de18cbf156.jpg

here you can see some of the feathers on the walls, and i think the 'welcome bear' is a great touch
    f0f2aea95bbfbcc1e48580bee83e2868.jpg
    092cf731de10e53df422f5673a2182ba.jpg

next up, we've got 'a taste of selvadorada' by dannydanbo
    as you can likely imagine, this one got placed in selvadorada (replacing the 8 bedroom lot). like the previous one, this one's been edited a bit, though in this case it was mostly just adding vegetation outside to make it blend more into the jungle. i also added the various mexican dishes from city living to the menu, as well as things like fish tacos and pan de muerto. it should, of course, already have all the selvadoradan dishes listed. something i found interesting that i really liked for it is the fact that nearly all the staff are selvadoradan natives, just the chefs are randomly created for it

29f8ebc9533e9dc72aaa5c888dd612f7.jpg

bathrooms and entrance are on the second floor, dining area and kitchen down on first

8aeb7b00c7490cfa5175838fc2e12654.jpg
    8ab3f3b34ae72c8756bb93e2bda68b70.jpg
    7239ccfd6ae165e2267c7009f0abd151.jpg

last up is 'coastal tide' by killerbunny787
    this one i was really wanting to put in brindleton bay on or near the pier, but the lots there were all too small, alas. so it's on the waterfront in windenberg instead. outdoors pictures are going to be a little dark, since it's currently thunderstorming in that world. as with the previous lots, this one has had some editing done, mostly adding the fishing-related decor from cats and dogs to the walls, fishing nets, boueys, that kind of stuff. the menu was edited similarly, since the lot was created before cats and dogs was even announced

cd89b6a44ad6325cfd1bccec56f75a23.jpg

this lot has a small seating area above the kitchen/restrooms as well as the main area downstair
    449f0fba09071de3d5d7793a07c2a325.jpg
    0c718eccab60a610b320471678926c61.jpg

...i really need to get around to putting fish in these aquariums...
    cc7e17a354e8f27ca28c2fcb712261c4.jpg
    aa9a90f7b513e4df80ed1bd1c2ba8cb0.jpg
  • Options
    These are great going to try some out later in my game. I might post screenshots of use. I especially like the cabin theme. The others look gorgeous @kalaksed. I might have to put some in game screenshots of my own. Thanks also @Sigzy05 I'll look yours up while in. Might have to make a critic to check all this stuff out ;)
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited January 2019
    Here's a favorite restaurant of mine I found in the gallery called Maison Le Fanu, which is located and fits right into Forgotten Hollow.
    It has a very nice dark and mysterious atmosphere with some Victorian themes. Plus the waiters are dressed as butlers too. The menu also has plasma related recipes for vampires.
    GyELXVH.png
    AekHS56.png
    zR9JLnM.png
    NwRBSJ0.png
    kqU6X7n.png
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited January 2019
    The pictures posted this far are tempting me to add new restaurants... :sweat_smile: They are my favourite community lots and I already have many that I like in my game. I have edited most of them at least a little but will post the original creators. I haven't built restaurants myself really but I edited one premade Maxis building and turned it into a restaurant.

qE9I2Sm.png
    Garlic Sanctuary by musteni (Maxis building):
    This restaurant isn't very straight forward because it's officially two floors. I remodeled it specially to have a restaurant in Forgotten Hollow. It's not a place that all my sims would happily visit because of eerie atmosphere. It's never boring though when someone dares to go there.
    qK9c4kY.png
    HuxGC8x.png
    PXDioRQ.png

mAYHRRt.png
    Factory Restaurant by XSimmer (original build by ruthless_kk):
    I love visiting Factory Restaurant. It's casual enough, yet stylish and interesting. I've edited it so that it's also kid & toddler friendly. The restaurant is basically on one floor, there's just a bar upstairs. I like that there's an option to eat outdoors but also good tables indoors.
    pX6PXwK.png
    Caxp1XM.png

AXFXrJf.png
    Stragazer Restaurant by EPaffrath:
    In my game this restaurant is the classiest where you can take your date to. The view over SanMyshuno is stunning. After Get Famous I added there a red rope so it's a little bit more exclusive now. Will see how that works out. Downstairs there's a bar, bathrooms and a DJ area which get very little use, perhaps one day I'll have a sim throw a party there.
    x3cKeuv.png
    VUSDnC2.png

m87dAo0.png
    Candle Garden by umao070:
    This was my favourite restaurant partly because of the location by the water in Windenburg. Seasons caused me huge trouble because the dining area is outdoors. I had to build a glass roof to keep sims dry. The building also has uptsairs room but it's empty (great for living quarters or extra tables). I want to try running this restaurant but don't know yet which sim will get to own it.
    MrLSTsD.png
    Z7ILAT5.png
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    These are some really great restaurants! I'm digging the 'a taste of selvadorada' the most though. Great kitchen and stair placement.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    tclvistclvis Posts: 17 Member
    > @joRN1414 said:
    > These are some really great restaurants! I'm digging the 'a taste of selvadorada' the most though. Great kitchen and stair placement.

I needed a Selvadoradan building, and I lack talent and patience for building, so thanks for this, and @Hermitgirl and @Sigzy05 for showcasing some excellent additions to my sparse neighborhoods. My poor Sims now have places to go besides the park!
  • Options
    I want to keep watching and hope more people post their in game favorites. I like sending my sims to different restaurants now and then and frankly don't like the trial and error of just using the gallery. So keep them coming!
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    It's sad that the GP section isn't really active at the moment. I would really like to see more as well :)
  • Options
    gladlypantsgladlypants Posts: 122 Member
    These are all fantastic! I downloaded quite a few, can't wait to get them in my game! Not sure which I am most excited about! I still have a few lots I need to update in my current save, and have some restaurants I've downloaded I'm really unhappy with right now. :s

I don't think I can post links or images on the forms yet, but my favorite restaurant I use currently is Small Mexican Restaurant by Mandykay77. It's simple but it reminds me so much of the restaurants my husband and I love to visit ourselves. Thank you all so very much for sharing!
    TB88pBc.png
    Gallery ID: gladlypants
    favorite gallery hashtag: #redditexchange
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    Here's a favorite restaurant of mine I found in the gallery called Maison Le Fanu, which is located and fits right into Forgotten Hollow.
    It has a very nice dark and mysterious atmosphere with some Victorian themes. Plus the waiters are dressed as butlers too. The menu also has plasma related recipes for vampires.
    GyELXVH.png
    AekHS56.png
    zR9JLnM.png
    NwRBSJ0.png
    kqU6X7n.png

Whoooooa <3
  • Options
    Trippie25Trippie25 Posts: 7 New Member
    Wow some of these restaurants are beautiful, and I will be checking them out! I really enjoy taking my sims out to restaurants especially when they can learn new recipes, or just eat things that they don't normally cook at home (experimental foods and steaks and such). So I've gone to many restaurants and wanted to get in on sharing a couple of my favorites. I can't post photos yet, but trust me they are worth checking out!

1.) The Frisky LLama by Sim Doughnut It works wonderfully in Oasis Springs, and my sims tend to get sat on the rooftop patio, allowing them to take in views of the sunset while they eat. Its a Selvadoradan style build that just has tons of personality. Its probably my favorite.
    2.) Crab Cove Restaurant by Reblab Great Brindleton Bay restaurant. Built of mostly wood it just blends in with its surrounding so well. Like it always belonged there. It's a nice seafood restaurant that feels, like a real place you might find on the docks.
    3.) Green Heinz by GiinaPreciious Its a super nice, modern, vegan/ vegetarian restaurant. Beautiful decor everywhere.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It won't take too long for you to become a member @Trippie25. I'll try to check these out in my game tonight.. well at least one of them and I'll post it :).
    Opps just looked at your join date, maybe it will take awhile. You need to post some more.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    > @Trippie25 said:
    > Wow some of these restaurants are beautiful, and I will be checking them out! I really enjoy taking my sims out to restaurants especially when they can learn new recipes, or just eat things that they don't normally cook at home (experimental foods and steaks and such). So I've gone to many restaurants and wanted to get in on sharing a couple of my favorites. I can't post photos yet, but trust me they are worth checking out!
    >
    > 1.) The Frisky LLama by Sim Doughnut It works wonderfully in Oasis Springs, and my sims tend to get sat on the rooftop patio, allowing them to take in views of the sunset while they eat. Its a Selvadoradan style build that just has tons of personality. Its probably my favorite.
    > 2.) Crab Cove Restaurant by Reblab Great Brindleton Bay restaurant. Built of mostly wood it just blends in with its surrounding so well. Like it always belonged there. It's a nice seafood restaurant that feels, like a real place you might find on the docks.
    > 3.) Green Heinz by GiinaPreciious Its a super nice, modern, vegan/ vegetarian restaurant. Beautiful decor everywhere.

I snagged all of these for future placement, but WOW the Green Heinz one looks gorgeous, can't wait to give it a try!!
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    I decided to send my sims to the Crab Cove Restaurant by Reblab that was suggested by @Trippie25.
    It was really nicely put together. My sims date took approx 4 hours from requested seating to finishing up. The only issue I had was the lighting that I think was placed with MOO.. I can't find it and it was pretty bright where my sims were sitting and the pictures show that (maybe someone can tell me how to find that light object) either way I'm keeping the place in my game. I loved all the little touches and the way the creator dressed the workers .. the host was in a Pirates Costume :). The menu was also done to reflect the place as expected. Thanks for suggesting this. I'll try the other ones as I play when it's time to send my sims out :).
    Here's some shots:
    x1llzt.png
    jj7h1s.png
    11cfa5w.png
    2hminaa.png
    2hewkxx.png

Duh, I realize I only took pictures on the top floor. It's on a small lot but it's packed with details. I also have rain/snow ect turned off.. so not sure how that might affect the place as it seems open to air. I'm not a fan of using a lot of MOO but was very pleased that it worked well for me. There was one family that didn't seem to want to sit on the bottom floor and eventually left so I might troubleshoot that area next time.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    I just tried out The Gilded Garden Pub by SpecterCody (I found it in SpecterCody's gallery when I went to pick up Asian on the Wharf that was suggested by @klestrella )

It's incredible! Favorite restaurant I have visited with my Sims, I do believe.

ZrOys3Q.jpg
    8PxOiEP.jpg
    HRaF8WJ.jpg
    TB88pBc.png
    gladlypants.tumblr.com
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited January 2019
    My World's View Restaurant, located above the Arts Quarter in San Myshuno. Menu includes all the CL and JA dishes.

0vfXjT7.png
    0oYJYga.png

Outdoor patio area:
    SsDoBix.png

I kind of like how I used the enlarge key to do the symbol in the elevator entry area:
    KPl6oc1.png

Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2019
    A few of my favourites that I tend to use all the time:

The Solar Flare in Oasis Springs by PeachesPlace (a fantastic builder and I have most of their lots in my game)
    SAzbgKK.png
    ZKA408M.png
    GZPaQTD.png
    XNtBL1x.png

Plenty of Fish, a seafood restaurant in Windenburg made by me and where a lot of my sims get engaged
    umJXq8X.png
    6uZyUYy.png
    P3OPLmO.png
    nTV8sNd.png
    U1U7SkS.png
    3VdJV9G.png
    nTbtMXt.png
    Zc0IiDw.png

Waterside Warble, the karaoke club in San Myshuno modified into a vegetarian restaurant and available on the gallery under my origin ID Kokoro80
    RDrjbte.png
    0SyQeyf.png
    wa82SlE.png
    bkXyykE.png
    mVYyW1y.png
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Chez Llama for it's unusual dishes & romantic environment, it's perfect for date night. For family outings I like Hogan's Burger Bar, because I placed it & the bowling alley next to each other in Oasis Springs (replacing the museum & Solar Flare lounge), so they usually go to dinner first then bowling.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    Thanks for new suggestions everyone. I found a new builder and I want to test some restaurants so will probably post pics after I do :)
    egTcBMc.png