Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Hale Family: A Royal Legacy

Hello everyone! Welcome to my new simlit!
This is the thread is where I'm going to be posting my chapters! So, I must warn you all, this is my first time writing a simlit, but everyone has to start somewhere right? I'm going to be posting all chapters on this thread as well as my Wordpress Blog! I'm planning to adhere to the rules of this challenge. Anyways, please sit back, relax, and enjoy this little backstory I whipped up for my founder: Alexandar!
Alexandar Hale's Backstory
The moment Alexandar Hale had been brought into this world, his royal destiny had tied him to a life of decisions, hardships, and rules. While many may say he may never succeed, he had been born with a fighting spirit. This spirit had been inheirted from his father, whom Alexandar had idolized since he was old enough to express it. Alexandar watched as his father gracefully kept tradition alive for a whole generation all the while making time for his family. Alexandar had hoped that he could live up to this legacy he was destined to live. He dreamed of finding his perfect soulmate, having beautiful heirs, and keeping this family alive!
rrrw4w.png
Hope you guys enjoy! I'll be posting the first chapter tomorrow. Happy Simming!

Comments

• Options
    cauliflowersimscauliflowersims Posts: 35 Member
    edited January 2019
    Chapter 1
    Rekindling the Fire
    Alexandar had been preparing for this moment his entire life. He'd gone through contant trainings and tests. And now it was finally his time to prove his worth. There was one set back, however.

Ever since he had been deemed the heir, his father had wanted him to understand the fundamentals of hard work. This was a relatively new concept to the Hale family, but his father was known to be quite the trailblazer. So, his father ordered a decree that when he became of age to rule, he would be evicted and given a small home that belonged to the family. Of course, Alexandar pleaded with his father to let him stay, but deep down he knew if he wanted to be successful he should listen to the wise words of his father.

Here is Alexandar Hale...
    2h87iud.png

His rugged appearance was almost a spitting image of his father in his younger years. His mother had always said he destined to be just like him. Alexandar whole-heartedly believed her and had spent his childhood watching every move his father made. Both of his parents had peircing blue eyes, a trait that most of his family possessed. He wondered if he would start a new era, living in this new area of the kingdom.

Here is Alexandar's small house he inherited...
    2ylvhg5.png

It wasn't much to look at, Alexandar thought. He hadn't fully realized how much of a change this would be until he stood face to face with it. "It will get better, and I'll get used to this! It is to be my new life and I shall embrace it!", he said, not quite believing himself then stepped inside. He squinted his eyes in determination. He was going to succeed, just like his father!
    2cxhqno.png

While in deep thought, Alexandar thought he heard two women bickering right outside. He hopped up and peered through the window. To his surprise it was two family friends: Cassandra and Bella Goth! The Goths had ruled alongside his father and grandfather. They were very well known in the kingdom and a highly respected family. In fact, Cassandra had been his old playmate back at the castle. He suddenly remembered how rude he was being and he needed to invite them in! He opened the door and saw Bella angrily making remarks to Cassandra, while Cassandra ignored and looked put off by her mother.
    2ykgmte.png

When Bella realized Alexandar was right there, she immediatly stopped and gave him a warm welcome. "Oh Alexandar! Just look at you, I can't believe how much you've grown up!", she said, with and almost forced smile. Cassandra looked at the ground, visibly embarrassed by her mother's show. Alexandar thanked Mrs. Goth and expressed how happy he was to see her. "Well darling, we just came over to give you a little house-warming gift, and welcome you to the nieghborhood.", she said. Alexandar was so grateful for he had not been much of a cook as he was raised in a castle. Then, out of spite, Cassandra walked over to the edge of the house, possibly to get some air from her overbearing mother. Alexandar saw her and watched her longingly.
    6zlste.png

Alexandar invited Mrs. Goth inside and said he would be right in. He slowly walked up to his old friend, barely recognizing her after so many years. She turned around, feeling his presense. "Hey, Cassie!" he said excitedly, "What are you up to?". She paused for a moment and then gave in to his charm. "Nothing. And my name is Cassandra. Not Cassie. Cassie is gone.", Alexandar was taken aback by her. "What had happened to her?", he wondered. Finally he said with a smile and a twinkle in his eye, "Well, what a shame! She was my favorite." Cassandra smiled a little. Alexandar then proceeded to cheer her up. He had always been the one she was able to talk to. Without him her struggles were bottled up inside. How happy she was to finally see him.
    21omz61.png

After a while, Alexandar heard Mrs. Goth calling for him. He invited Cassie inside and began talking with them about everything that had been going on with him. Cassandra seemed intrigued by him, she nearly stared at him for the rest of the visit! However, Alexandar couldn't keep his eyes off her either. He couldn't help thinking about all the fond memories they shared by their favorite tree.
    15eec1d.png
    2e15efk.png
    531jsj.png

These memories and more, played through his mind as he talked with Cassie. He had forgotten how much he enjoyed her company. He smiled at her. He was just full of joy that his new neighbors were going to be there for him through this journey. Just then Mrs. Goth said they should get going because of Cassandra's younger brother who was about to come home. Alexander kissed Cassandra's hand and hugged Mrs. Goth goodbye.
    2e23x2o.png

Later, after they left, Alexandar stood outside admiring his home and what new memories he would create in it. He knew it would need expansions, obviously, but he never wanted to forget his humble beginnings. He thought he would call the royal painter to paint a landscape of his home so he could hang it inside. As the sun was setting, Alexandar couldn't think of a more picturesque scene than the one before his eyes. Unless he was sharing it with someone he loved. He knew he had always been a bit of a hopeless romantic. Despite that, he vowed to never let it get in his way of being ruler.
    25gvsdg.png

When night fell, Alexandar laid alone in his bed wishing someone was there for him to hold. He then thought about Cassandra and how she seemed so willing to get away from her own life. He wondered if she felt the same things as he did. After all, she would make the perfect wife as she was young, beautiful, and skilled. Plus, she already had a lasting relationship with him. He thought of himself as a fool. How could he have never thought of this before? Alexandar's mind had already began creating new ideas of how he could see her again.

How he couldn't wait for that moment to come...
    2dt5e79.png
    Post edited by cauliflowersims on
  • Options
    LuclyluLuclylu Posts: 437 Member
    I love this challenge! Great first chapter, I hope Alexander marries Cassandra, they would have such cute babies.

Bookmarked :smiley:
  • Options
    @Luclylu Aw, thank you so much ❤️
  • Options
    JadisJadis Posts: 7 New Member
    Royal Legacy! Ilike it :) Good luck with your Alexandar.
  • Options
    @Jadis Yay! I’m glad! And thanks he will need a lot of luck.. 😂
  • Options
    BlargianBlargian Posts: 197 Member
    Good work so far! It's so cute and I love your style :) Makes me wanna play medieval...
    KYkPuFT.png?1
    Bloodlines: Gustav & Ishka's Legacy | Family Tree: Echo + Plum | ID: Jalooloo
  • Options
    @Blargian Thank you so much! ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Chapter 2
    An Unkown Prejudice

On a bright, sunny afternoon, Alexandar Hale was engaging in one of his favorite passtimes: fishing. He had felt that these first few days of isolation had called for some fun. There was a lot for Alexandar to learn still, but he had just begun and he would not be discouraged yet. He loved being out in the open air and he hoped there would still be time for outdoor activities with his new position. Officials at the royal government had just recruited him for a business career, per his father's recommendation. But for now, he was completely enthralled with this new fishing skill.
    2lleyvs.png

Intent on catching his first fish, Alexandar didn't notice two women approaching behind him. He was expecting someone, but these two women were going to be quite a surprise for him. He had a habit of being focused, so focused that he didn't recognize what was going on around him. Alexandar's focus was broken when he heard one of the women make a snide comment to the other. His face showed a state of shock. He knew that voice! He turned around quickly to see his mother smiling at him like she always had. Although he had been very fond of his father, his mother was like backround of a beautiful picture. He couldn't believe she had come to see him in her old age.
    346t5a9.png

His mother was well known, even in the countryside. Her name was Joan Hale, she was a noble from the west. In her younger years, she was thought to be one of the most beautiful women in the kingdom. She was also known to be a solemn woman, but Alexandar knew how devoted she was to her family. Once royal, she was a wonderful queen. Fair and brave, she had made very few enemies in all her years of ruling. Just like her husband, she was quickly graying with age. Alexandar hadn't known how much time she had left and upon seeing her, he just couldn't help giving her a hug. "Mother!", he exclaimed and ran right up to her.
    259gzvc.png

The other woman however, was not recognized by Alexandar. She was beautiful, a classic beauty by royal standards. Icy blond hair, fair skin, and bright blue eyes, she was truly perfect. But Alexandar was set on another, and even though she wasn't perfect, he perhaps thought that her beauty was beyond the preferred traits. This woman looked kind but to Alexandar she seemed disturbed by something. His mother didn't hesitate to introduce them. "Alex, this is Juliana, I believe you and her could become very good friends." she smirked as she said this. Juliana looked slightly confused. Nonetheless, Alexandar began making conversation with her. Joan was pleased, as he was being quite the gentleman.
    24qlrhf.png

As their conversation died down, Alexandar's mother wore a more serious face. "What's wrong mother?" Alexandar asked, "Do you have to leave so soon?" She looked at him even more seriously now. "No, we are not leaving quite yet, but I need to tell you something... it is very important. For all of us." Alexandar looked worried. She explained that Alexandar's brother was chosen to rule back at the kingdom while Alexandar established his new kingdom. His father had supported this idea, as he knew he wouldn't be able to be king for much longer. However, after his brother was wed, he and his wife were burdened with infertility. And now the kingdom was fearing their end, without any heirs they wouldn't be able continue the family line. After hearing all of this, Alexandar couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had no idea how he could fix this. "But, Alex, I have come up with a solution, and please, think it through." his mother said. "If you marry Juliana and come back to our kingdom you can fix all of this. Please just consider it."
    24l0lr9.png

Alexandar stayed quiet for a while. Juliana and Joan waited on edge for a response. "I made a promise to father. I told him I would go through with his wish. I don't think I can just abandon this life." he said. His mother had a saddened look on her face. Alexandar had left out his new relationship with Cassandra, but he thought it was better not to add more to the situation. "I know you say that now Alex, but I want you to think about the consquences of this decision." she said. "Now, I'm going to go freshen up and you should talk with Juliana here. I believe you two have a lot in common." she then turned away and walked back to the house. "I want you to know that I have a husband, but I'm just going along because I want to be a royal." Juliana said, she acted relieved to be rid of that information. While Alexandar was surprised, he also had expected something of the sort. No girl that beautiful would just wait around for a royal crisis. They both continued talking, Alexandar did not feel resentment towards Juliana. From behind them, Cassandra was walking happily almost with a spring in her step.
    2nqhb9f.png

Cassandra's happiness soon vanished as she saw who Alexandar was talking to. She immediatly stopped as tears filled her eyes. How could he do this to her? He had never mentioned another girl and especially not a perfect one like that. Plus, he had known she was coming. They had exchanged love letters the day before. Why would he trick her? Cassandra was overflowing with rage and sadness. She couldn't handle this emotional distress and bolted home. She didn't know what to do. It felt incomprehedable to her. She and Alexandar had been friends for many years and he had never done anything to harm her, until now.
    24o3r53.png
    One day before...
    Dearest Cassandra, after our meeting the other day, my only wish is to see you again. After missing you for so many years, you have grown into a beautiful woman. Please, write back. Surely, you are feeling the same ways about me and I am not imagining things. Cassandra, not only are you my love, but you are also my greatest friend. You are so charming, truly you are a treasure. Please meet me by the pond by midday. I will await your arrival. Love, Alexandar
    1z2pr2p.png

Alexandar had infact sent Cassandra a love letter the day before. However, with the surprise of his mother and Juliana, and then with the news of the kingdom, Cassandra had slipped his mind. He didn't notice Cassandra while talking to Juliana, either. And now, their love was in great jeopardy. But another was watching as this tragedy occurred. While Joan went inside to get herself together, she noticed Cassandra outside staring at her son. She witnessed her distress and at first thought nothing of it. But suddenly, Joan pieced together what had happened. She was furious with her son. He knew exactly what he was doing getting involed with a girl who looked like that.
    otq7w9.png

It is true that Joan Hale was a kind woman, but she was rumored to be scheming at times. And with all that was happening, she was bound to show her dark side. In a burst of anger, Joan concocted a devilish plan to stop this secret love. She rushed back to Juliana and Alexandar. "Alex, we have to go now. I'll be back in 3 days for your answer. Think about it." she said, face to face with Alexandar. "I will mother, but-, nevermind. Please have a safe trip home." Alexandar feared as the way back was quite far. He hugged Joan goodbye, and told Juliana it was a pleasure. The two women headed back, more solemn than before. But, Joan wasn't quite finished here. She thought the Goths, an old family friend, might like a visit since she hadn't seen them in years.
    1087cqa.png

She was greeted by Mortimer. He was the king's greatest friend and truly loyal to the kingdom. Joan had been to many feasts with him and knew he was kind. "Joan? Is it so? Wow! How great it is to see you!" Mortimer said as him eyes lit up. Joan chuckled, "Yes, it is me. I have aged very much since we last met." Mortimer welcomed her inside and showed her to the living room. Joan had always been puzzled by their fascination with black. Joan and Mortimer chatted about the kingdom, but she never shared the true events for she had not wanted everyone to know.
    2q1s1l3.png

Cassandra had been sitting on the couch in sorrow. However, she did not recognize this stranger and passed her off as one of her mother's friends. She lay thinking in silence, her anger had subsided by now, but her sadness would stay. She noticed the visitor kept looking at her like she did something wrong. Cassandra was too heartbroken to care, she got up and walked towards the stairs. All she wanted to do was be alone. Joan noticed Cassandra moving, she thought everything was coming together perfectly. She excused her self from Mortimer and hurried over to Cassandra. Grabbing her arm, she pulled her into the hallway. Cassandra's heart was racing, "What are you doing, are you mad?" Joan smiled, her plan was absolutely perfect. She let go of Cassandra and looked at her, "Listen very carefully young one, my son is to be a king. His wife is to be a maiden with the same traits as he. What I am seeing before my eyes, is not good enough for my son to marry. You are just a bad decision. If there was any possibility of you marrying him, well.. there isn't anymore. I want you to avoid Alexandar at all costs. If I here a word about you from him, I will personally see that your family is ridiculed and banished. Now go, think about what I have said."
    21m6734.png

With that, Cassandra went into a state of absolute despair. She knew she wouldn't be going out any time soon. How could such a man have a mother like that? Perhaps he wasn't the man she thought he was.
    Post edited by cauliflowersims on
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    I guess the Queen doesn't know that the person she picked to marry Alexander is ALREADY has a husband??
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    @MadameLee Yeah, she pretty much did it out of desperation soo, not much research done 😂
  • Options
    Hello everyone!
    I just wanted to post a small update since I haven’t posted in a bit. I am not discontinuing the series, I’m just trying to figure what kind of schedule works for me.
    Here is what I’ve decided:
    I’ll post twice a week on Monday and Friday.
    See you all soon with Chapter 3! Coming Friday. Happy simming! ❤️