Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dogs lacking depth and small pets update

Having owned cats and dogs since release, by now it’s easy to come up and say “hey, I’ve noticed cats have a lot more to do in game than their canine opposites”, but instead of that, I want to know what you would do to IMPROVE DOGS if you could and EA were willing to listen.
What features and abilities do you want our puppers to have?

Next to that, what small pets do you want to see the sims team add to our game? Do you want just the basic hamsters, turtles and birds, or do you want something more interesting?
Do you want alien pets who can appear randomly just as aliens do when they spawn in the human sim world?
Do you want mythical pets?
Monster pets?
Robotic pets you can build because owning a real pet is too much hassle and you’re an inventor so you barely eat because all that money goes on parts to fund your obsession?

What do you want? Comment below and have a nice day

Comments

• Options
    sazzieJsazzieJ Posts: 150 Member
    all of it. it all sounds awesome and would be excellent additions - if done right - to the game.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    I've been saying the same thing about dogs for ages, to be honest. My Sim dogs just sit there doing absolutely nothing. My real life dogs? They actually play with each other (shocker, I know), they play with toys a lot, and they spend a lot of time looking out of the window. And follow me everywhere.

I found that overall the dogs in Sims 4 just don't seem to interact much with Sims or other pets.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited January 2019
    Dogs are so annoying and boring. Cats are boring in this game too but you’re right that they gave them more to do (which still doesn’t amount to much) than dogs.

I’m really not interested in any small pet packs. Separating the hamster cage amounted to it being exactly how it was in previous iterations now coming in at a separate cost than the $40 pets pack. If I were to pay for another animal it would need to be realistically worth it, and a static object animal that has minimal animation (like the hamster cage, and all other small animals in the game) isn’t, and should have just been added to the expansion since it’s basically a retooled bassinet.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I thought dogs were done very nicely in the game and I find myself being able to attach myself to them a lot easier than in previous games. The only other thing I can think of that I wanted from them was Alien dogs and cats for my sim aliens and for them to have a couple of interesting powers plus weird tails and antennas. That and being able to do more with the obstacle course like winning contests and getting money. Kinda a missed opportunity to do a dog show.

The interactions with other animals including cats are adorable. Tend to miss them when I don't pay attention to them.

I always get a lot of cat fights in bridelton bay. Dog ones seem less rare.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Currently I am loving dogs in this game, I feel more attached to them than in previous iterations of dogs. Every household I play has dogs to.

However I had to things that I wish them to improve.
    1. Can dogs destroys the furniture too?I miss then doing it.
    2. Perhaps more interactions?