Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The random holidays not showing...

...up in the calendar after they have happened. I thought the random game generated holidays were supposed to stay after they had generated and come again next time around on the exact day they were the year before? Because I have at least 2 seasons over and all I see in the past seasons (that will come up next) are the official holidays like Harvest day and Love day and the holidays that I myself have created...does that mean that the game generated holidays are true random and don't show up again at the same date?

How is it at your end? Am I bugged? Because I have been delaying putting in my own holidays so the ones the game generates wont be destroyed accidentally by me placing my own.

Comments

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    ...up in the calendar after they have happened. I thought the random game generated holidays were supposed to stay after they had generated and come again next time around on the exact day they were the year before? Because I have at least 2 seasons over and all I see in the past seasons (that will come up next) are the official holidays like Harvest day and Love day and the holidays that I myself have created...does that mean that the game generated holidays are true random and don't show up again at the same date?

How is it at your end? Am I bugged? Because I have been delaying putting in my own holidays so the ones the game generates wont be destroyed accidentally by me placing my own.

Are the holidays you mean are the Lottery, Talk like a pirate day, Season Premiere, etc? If that is what you mean then they don't show up in the calendar after they are done. It is by design as there are number of days of cool down of when this holidays will happen. For example, Lottery might happen fall in your first full season cycle, but by the time you reach the second calendar year, it might appear in Winter.
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yes. I mean those :smile: So they don't use the same day they did the last cicle? For instance if lottery appeared on wednesday in the 3rd week of Summer (I use 28 days per season) it might not appear on the same day, week or even season? Oh dear! And I was afraid to put my own created holidays so I wouldn't destroy the little ones. I REALLY! like the little ones :love:

So, the little generated holidays will spawn regardless of where I put my own created ones? I won't be destroying their spot in the calendar?
  • Options
    StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    edited January 2019
    @Stina1701A The weird random holidays won't show up on the same exact calendar day in the future, no. They have a cooldown, after which they will potentially populate again and the cooldown is the same (in sim days) regardless of the length you set your seasons to, which means if you have seasons set to 4 weeks long, you could get some of those holidays more than once in the same year.

As far as your own holidays interfering with them, only insofar as your own holidays will prevent the special ones from showing up on those specific days. I don't now about the day of week options for most of the default random days, but I do know that the lottery will only show up on a Wednesday, so if you want to make sure the lottery CAN happen when it's off of cooldown, do not have a lot of your own holidays set for Wednesdays.
    Your best bet, is to make all of the holidays that you have set up that you can see on the calendar be on different week days. So have only 1 or 2 on a Sunday, 1 or 2 on a Monday, etc. That way there are options for all of the various weekdays available throughout the calendar for the special ones.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Ah! Thanks @Stormkeep and @TS1299 I'm gonna start plonking down my own holidays with that in mind :smile:
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    That's why they're random. ;) I have to keep an eye on my calendar, because if you cancel the holiday after it starts, your Sims get sad moodlets from a disappointing holiday, and there are some that either don't suit my Sims' lifestyle (they don't even have a tv, so the Season Premiere is going to be a fail), and some I don't like at all (like the neighbourhood brawl).
    I just want things to match. :'(