Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Johnny Zest

iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
Do you think he could be Malcolm's older brother? Have the gurus ever mentioned how he's related to the Landgraabs?

Johnny's one of my favorite sims. :)

Comments

• Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    edited December 2018
    I think the backstory Maxis developed is that he is somehow related to the Landgraabs. As someone who has done baby challenge saves, and seen how his kids turned out, I can definitely tell you he has some Landgraab genetics.
    Post edited by ladysweettart on
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited December 2018
    @ladysweettart His backstory mentions that he's a Landgraab, but he was disowned. He looks so much like Malcolm I wonder if he's Malcolm's older brother. Who do his kids look like?
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I always play him as Malcolm's older brother, that Nancy and Geoffrey forbid him from contacting. I have a save where they reunite after Geoffrey dies.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've added him back into the Landgraab family tree with MCCC -- I give him a friendly relationship with Geoffrey, but he barely knows Malcolm and Nancy despises him since he dropped out of school to pursue his dream of being a comedian. I have him in my current rotation; as soon as I age up the baby in my current household to a toddler, I'm switching to him and see if I can get him started on his road to fame.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i've deleted and recreated johnny as the elder landgraab brother just to make sure he has that family connection (and then made sure that he was despised by his parents to act out the disowning thing). he absolutely is one of the landgraabs, but since they came in the base game, back before we had a sims family tree, he never had the actual family history with them that is mentioned in his bio

i had originally deleted him ages ago because i needed more room for my own sims, but always wanted to add him in as an actual landgraab and play his story out at some point in the future. get famous became the perfect point for that, since he can now get disowned for wanting to be a comedian, become a big hit as one, then snub his own family when he becomes a global superstar, the same way they snubbed him most of his adult life

you could also use mccc to make him a member of the family, if you use that mod.

also, isn't nancy the 'leader' of that family? even if it's in an alternate universe, the name is hers, not geoffrey's (she made him take it to keep the landgraab name strong and ongoing), he's kind of just along for the ride. that's how i always picture things playing out with the family. whether she's a criminal (her default career), a shrewd businesswoman or what, she controls the family...and anything else she's involved with
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Johnny, in my save, is the younger brother of Nancy. He lives in his trailer (Nancy's old home) with his and Nancy's mother (the old lady in the game). I added a smaller trailer for a friend of Johnny's that wants to be a musician and a third shack where Nancy and Johnny's uncle (the Luchador in the mask) lives.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2018
    I liked that bit of background hint so I ran with it. I made Johnny the older brother using cheats, then made his family dislike him. My story is he -- well, now she, she's Joni Zest now -- is estranged from them. She was living in the trailer in Oasis Springs until very recently, when she moved to Del Sol Valley, bought an old motel, and started renting out rooms to other Sims just starting out in various creative fields. (She's renting to a wannabe actress, a wannabe stylist, and a wannabe music producer.)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    In my game Johnny was the favorite first child. Malcolm was very jealous of Johnny. He decides he wants the family and the family fortune to himself. He frames Johnny causing him to be disowned.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    @iliekponiez Johnny's kids end up with the trademark Landgraab cheeks (I think they come from Geoffrey), and look a lot like Nancy around the eyes.
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I've set him up as Geoffrey younger brother who he disapproves of for not pursuing a respectable career. I view Geoffrey as someone who even though a good person is also very traditional and believes that Johnny choosing to pursue comedy is disrespectful to the Landgraab name. Nancy completely despises Johnny for she thinks he is a fool for giving up is inheritances to pursue something a trivial as comedy. Malcolm has no idea Johnny is his uncle as Johnny changed his last name and instead believes he is a local comedian destined to fail.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I usually make him a nephew of Geoffrey, cause I figure that since Goeffrey has the "good" trait he would not disown a child.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I have The Landgraabs and The Zests in a bloodfeud! Well, if only the game let me. Even having both families in rival clubs didn't work as Johnny and his son Kenneth are good friends with Malcolm's wife Nina.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited December 2018
    I read somewhere that he's the oldest son of Nancy and Geofrey. That he got disowned by Nancy because he wanted to become a comedian instead of going into ...whatever it is the Landgraabs do.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    CheesySimsLoverCheesySimsLover Posts: 258 Member
    I've always imagined he was his disowned older brother. My generation 2 kids (Johnny's son and daughter) were best friends with Malcolm's younger twin brother and sister, who I forbid my gen 2 kids from becoming romantically involved with because it felt too much like incest.
  • Options

I know this thread has been inactive for a while but I remember someone on the thread asking about what Johnny's children looked like when I mentioned I think Johnny has Landgraab genetics based on what his kids look like. My new baby challenge sim had a little boy with Johnny so I thought I'd post a photo for anyone interested (I think the little boy looks like Johnny Jr., and also a Landgraab):

jHoL81Y.png

• Options
    BilmoBlampkinsBilmoBlampkins Posts: 226 Member
    Johnny is such a sweetheart.
  • Options
    AnimaagAnimaag Posts: 319 Member
    edited December 2018
    Reading all your comments made me want to play out Johnny's story, too.