Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there individual differences in how big the bellies get?

ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
I am talking about pregnant sims. I am wondering if how large their bellies get varies from individual to individual? My current baby challenge matriarch gets a huge stomach every time she is pregnant, whether she is having twins or just one baby. She is on the thin side, but does have wide hips (I made her with an hourglass shape to begin with, but I think her hips have gotten wider after having so many children, realistic I guess). Not sure if build factors into it or not. But having played other saves and watching others play on Youtube, I've also seen thin sims who never get that big, bigger sims who still get huge, or bigger sims who don't get huge bellies. So I am thinking there must be some individuality at play in determining how big sims' bellies get during pregnancy. I would guess it's random, but I don't know. Have any of you noticed this?
I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    edited December 2018
    My sims generally have the same figure, and I have noticed variations in baby bump sizes. Some barely look pregnant in the 1st trimester, and others look like they're already in the 2nd trimester just after they find out they're expecting. I think it is just random.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    i think it has to do with their natural weight slider. 'fatter' sims will get larger, and be more prone to gain weight later in life
  • Options
    SimsFinest1SimsFinest1 Posts: 326 Member
    Ive noticed this too. I guess it mirrors real life where every pregnancy is different!
  • Options
    @Zeri I was just referring to the belly getting bigger during pregnancy, not weight gain after pregnancy. Sorry if I didn't word it clearly.

It may be because my sim started out on the thin side, but I've noticed it is pretty easy to keep her from gaining baby weight. I just send her for a long workout on the treadmill after every few kids or so, and she is still slim (it just looks like her hips are wider than they used to be, but I guess that happens in real life after having babies too so I am okay with that).
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

• Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    yes that is what i meant. fatter sims get bigger pregnant bellies. but they dont necessarily start out looking fat, check their weight slider in CAS
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    I don't think this is how it's figured @Zeri one of my sims has almost no body fat and she has a huge bump every time
  • Options
    @LolaLuvsSims mine too. She's pretty low on the fat slider, and was when I started the save. She gets a huge bump every time, and then voila, back to a flat tummy as soon as the baby comes out!

I think it might be random as someone said above.

• Options
    MeishakMeishak Posts: 28 Member
    Bump size is determined by both weight and the flatness of the stomach. For my sims who are thin and have a flat tummy, they don't show at all during their first trimester and generally have smaller bumps throughout the whole pregnancy. For sims who weight more and don't have such a flat tummy, the bump is more noticeable. Hope that helps :)
  • Options
    Mine has a completely flat stomach when not pregnant, and does not show during the first trimester, but then by the third I swear it is huge (compared to her size). I'll see if I can post pics (she's preggo right now, still in first trimester I'm pretty sure)