Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Warrior Cats Challenge

Hey guys, I've noticed all the Warrior Cats challenges have been forgotten. One of those was mine, and so I was messing around in my Sims 3 game and came up with a new version with the help of other forms I have read. So some of these things might be copy pasted. All credit goes to the original authors.

EPs Required: Pets
Recommended EPs: Seasons, Supernatural, University

The Goal
Raise the most successful clan as you can for as many generations as you please.

Getting Started

1. Go into CAS and name the randomly-generated Sim (or rather, Two-leg for this challenge) whatever you like as well as give them whatever traits, but there is no need to alter their appearance. They will be the caretaker of the land the cats live on.
2. Create one-three cats. Their appearances, traits, and roles are up to you. Usually people would say you should use only natural colors, but you know what I say? Your game, your cats. You could even make Rainbowclan, or Neonclan, Pixelclan. It is all up to you, it's not my place to tell you how to make your cats.
3. After you have created your Two-leg and cats, buy them an empty home lot, preferably a small to medium lot. This is only a small part of your territory, and it will hold your Clan's camp and basic hunting territory. If you want to, you can create "wild" lots in Edit Map mode which are available for you to buy as private property and therefore make part of your territory. However, if you want your territory to solely be one lot, be my guest.
5. Now that you've got your empty lot, you'll first have to create an area for your two-leg. I used plant sims to minimize the necessities they needed for me to take care of. Your Sims main job is to keep the cats from getting taken away, but they may only interact with one cat. This cat can use the Sim to gather items usable to the clans. More on that below. If you have seen Serri's YouTube challenge this is where I am pulling this from.
7. Make your cats' territory and camp! Be creative, you can create anything you want for your cats to live in, as long as it's not too kittypet-ish. Make sure you have all the dens:
- Leader
- Warriors
- Apprentices
- Nursery
- Elders
- Medicine Cat
However, it is not a necessity to build them all at once. To see the progress of my clan I liked building them as needed. It shows the Clan growing.
[ HELPFUL TIP: ] If you want certain prey items to spawn, hold down Ctrl + Shift + C and type in 'testingcheatsenabled true', press enter, and then do the same with the word 'buydebug.' Go to buy mode, then click the Categories menu. There will be a category with the symbol '?' on it. The debug menu contains spawners and a variety of other items.
8. After that, make sure the following items are placed in your territory/camp:
- Pet house
- Also, yarn balls could be like little moss balls for the kits.)
- Scratching posts (This is optional, since the claw moodlet does nothing for your cat, but it could serve as a mood boost and prevent your cats from getting sick.)

Ranks
Leader - Is appointed when former leader dies
Deputy - Is appointed when either former deputy is dead or when a new leader is appointed
Warrior - Is made when an apprentice has trained for three moons. They must go on a hunting patrol [hunt 8 times] and sit a vigil [guard the house] to receive their warrior name.
Apprentice - Is made when a kit ages up to an adult [at 3 moons or 1 season.]
Queen - She-cats that bear kits or nurse them
Kit - Is simply born
Medicine Cat - Is appointed when former medicine cat dies and apprentice takes place, communicates with Starclan and heals cats
Elder - Is made when a warrior gets too old to do any more work

8. Settings. Set your moon phase to 6 days and your season to 18 days per season. This allows for three moon cycles per season. I know in the books the kits are not apprenticed until 6 moons old. However it is a little different for Sims 3. Under age, set the span to long. Increase the kitten slider to 18 days before ageing. The adult and elder slider is up to you how long you want it set. These are my recommendations. Kitten 18, Adult Max, Elder No change.

Patrols:
-Hunting Patrols - At least 3 cats are required. In hunting patrols, roll a random number between 1 and 8 that is how many times the cats may try and hunt for prey to bring back to the clan. If a cat eats a prey item, they must hunt two more times before they are done for the day for every prey item the eat. Hunting Patrols start at 6 am for a morning and 6 pm for evening. Usually I only do a evening hunt if needed. Like when I have lots of hungry kittens.
-Border Patrols - At least 3 cats required. There must be at least one border patrol a day. Border patrols walk along the borders of their territory and mark their borders in whichever way you see fit. Encounters are decided via a random generator which I am working on creating.
Medicines:
[This is where University and the herbs play in effect but any plants or harvestable can be used.
Medicines ~
The Medicine cat must socialize with the cat in order to cure them. They can collect the herb/plant/whatever with the help of the Spirit Cat and the Two-leg.

Rules:
1. The only mods allowed are mods that increase the amount of Sims and Pets in your family, and the mod I linked down below.
2. Having your cats drink water is cheating since it fills up their hunger, so that's a big fat nnnnnnOPE! This goes for treats as well you must cancel the action when caught.
3. You cannot change the results once an event is rolled. What happens is what happens, even if you don't like it.
4. Pregnant queens are not very active. Their fresh kill must be delivered to them by warriors and they must stay in or near the nursery. Otherwise, you'll have them giving birth right in the fresh-kill pile or something...e-e
5. If any cat, including warriors and such, wanders out of camp unauthorized and is caught, they must be punished as you see fit. If they go unnoticed, however, they will get away with it unharmed.
6. Apprentices may not go out without being accompanied by a warrior.
7. Warriors may not be made deputy unless they have had at least one apprentice.
8. (Most important rule ever) Have fun! :3

Losing Conditions:
1. Your cats got taken away by the social workers.
2. All of your cats died.
3. Your Clan was disbanded.

Events:
These will be based off of rolling the numbers between 0-100. I am working on event generators you are free to use. However if anyone else has any that they think will be good you can message me or post a link. I will add it in.

New Spirit Cat
The spirit cat is a new role created for this challenge. Once they become BFF with the two leg, and they are the only cat that can interact with them, they can guide the two-leg over to a plant and sniff them. The two-leg then picks the plant and gives it to them. But their is a catch. Each two-leg has a requirement in order to do this. For example. Pine Tree, my Forest Spirit needs flowers. For every flower the cat finds they get so many items from the Spirit in return. a Common results in 1 item, Uncommon 2, Rare, 3 and Special 4. This is how your medicine cat can get some of the items they need to cure their clan. Other things like rodents, bugs ect can also be used as medicine and collected by the medicine cat itself.

Rules might change or be added as I go along.

generators I have so far.
Snake Bite -Used if a Cat misses an attempt to catch a snake.
to come
Illnesses and Disease
Wounds
Cat gets sick
Patrol
Fight
Kit Survival
StarClan Message
Weekly Challenge
Daily Challenge
Try For Kits
Gathering
Hunting Patrol Generator
Elder Generator

Comments

• Options
    angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    edited June 2017
    The MeadowGlen Clans
    ===========================================
    The PineClan- Pineclan was funded by Pinethoat. Pineclan lives in a forested type region full of trees, and some underbush. The cats primary food source are birds, and roadents with occasional turtles from the nearby pond. The spirit of the land is named Pine. Pine Tree has the ability to plant and maintain many of the herbs the cats need on a daily basis, guaranteeing they will hardly suffer from sickness or infection. During the winter however, Pine goes dormant leaving the cats to fend for themselves.
    ===========================================
    Leader:
    Maplestar - Raising Kits, no leaving camp until kits are apprenticed.
    Deputy:
    Pinethroat - A black and white tom with blue-grey eyes. [Mate Maplestar]

Medicine Cat:
    None
    Spirit of the Land Cat:
    Branchkit - When he comes of age
    Warriors (toms and she-cats not expecting kits):
    1. Gravelhive - is a tom with short dusky brown fur, a white chest, underbelly, and four white paws and a tail tip. They have light brown eyes.
    2. Dritfshine - is a tom with speckled grey tabby fur and a lighter muzzle. They have copper eyes and short soft fur. [Mate Tumbleshine]
    3. Tumbleshine - Raising Kits. No leaving camp until kits are apprentices.
    Apprentices: (kits who are three moons old and ready to begin training)
    None
    Queens: (she-cats expecting/raising kits)
    1. Maplestar - A she-cat with short curly dark ginger fur with swirls of white and brown eyes. [Mate Pinethroat]
    2. Tumbleshine - A she-cat with long spiky cream brown fur, and also three darker paws and green eyes. [Mate Driftshine]
    Kits: (cats under three moons old)
    1. Starlingkit[Queen: Maplestar]tom - born weak [10%extra chance of getting sick]
    2. Branchkit [Queen:Maplestar]tom
    3. Ivykit [Queen: Nutwind] she-cat
    4. Breezekit [Queen: Nutwind] she-cat
    5. Rainkit [Queen: Nutwind] she-cat
    6. Hailkit [Queen: Tumbelshine] tom/weak
    7. Doekit: [Queen: Tumbleshine] tom

Elders:
    None

StarClan: (Cats who have passed on one reason or another.)
    1. Nutwind - A she-cat with short and slick golden tabby fur, and dark green eyes. [Mate Gravelhive]. Passed away during labor.

============================================
    Farm Cats
    Rubblestripe
    Grassytail
    Chirpcry
    Loners
    None
    Rouges
    Cloudleap
    City Cats
    None
    Some in game events that have happened so far.

Summer [Greenleaf 1]
    Full Moon 1- Settling in

Pinethroat begins exploring his territory and seeing what is in store. He tries to get a feel of hunting and the strange tree creature that seems to be living in the area. After figuring out that the little forest was not a bad place to hunt and fish he decided to work on securing borders. It was then he realized how lonely he was without the call of other cats around. Pinethroat was not sure what to do. After several days of deliberating he set out on a journey to find other cats. Two cats, Nutwind and Mapleclaw lived on the farm with a couple of other cats. These two were unhappy with the farm life however, and having to fight for food and attention with a bunch of other cats. They decided to come back to the forest with him.
    Full Moon 2 - A Leader is Born
    Pinethroat works with Mapleclaw who wanted to learn how to hunt for herself. Both cats now take over the daily hunting patrol. Mapleclaw and Nutwind have both became good friends over the days that they have explored the territory together under Pinethroat's watchful eye. Both young queens have settled in relatively well despite Nutwind lacking interest in hunting just yet. She does however spend time with both of the cats. When out exploring the territory around their camp to understand it a little better, they run into a group of six rouge cats that had taken to living around a small pond. Though the cats try to withdrawal their was a border scuffle. Mapleclaw rallied the cats of her clan showing her natural leadership ability and get them out of their. Later Pinethroat walks her through what she needs to do in order to become Clan leader officially.
    Full Moon 3: A Deaputy Rises, and Kittens are born.
    Maplestar gives birth to 2 kittens, both toms. The first tom born was kind of weak, and Maplestar worried for him. The second was born strong and healthy. The first tom was named Starlingkit, and the second tom was gifted the name Branchkit. Later on that month Nutwind and Gravelhive became mates, and Nutwind is expecting her first litter. Maplestar sent her mate Pinethroat back to the farm to see if their might be any more recruits for her clan. With the growing number of kits, the more cats that could hunt the easier it would be to keep them all fed. The cat he met was called Tumbleshine. Tumbleshine decided to make the track to Pineclan in order to check it out hearing about the kits that were to be born. She left in secret, wanting to scope out the area despite knowing it would worry her mate Driftshine who shows up later that evening looking for her. She was never comfortable around the farm, and was not sure if she would want to bring her kits into the world their or not. Why their however both her and Nutwind go into labor. Nutwind gave birth to three she-cat kits. The kits were born healthy, however the hard birth with no medicine cat close by to help resulted in Nutwind passing away afterword's. Tumbleshine also gave birth to two kits. Both of them toms. The first kitten was a bit weak, and the second one was healthy. Fortunately the mother survived the birth as well.

• Options
    Sims4simerrSims4simerr Posts: 1 New Member
    I, like most of everyone who plays this challenge, like warrior cats. I read the books and make my own cats based on the same concept. I have around 40 cats of my own, and I have made them ALL in the sims 4 with the pets expansion pack. This might be random to this discussion but if you want to play the warrior cats in the sims challenge, I suggest you read this! I watch Seri Pixel Biologist's warrior cats challenge in the sims 3 and I really enjoy the way she plays it! (she is on youtube) I want to make my own series just like hers, but the problem is that I have sims 4 and not sims 3, and I also enjoy the graphics of sims 4 much more (however i like how the sims 3 animals look more realistic textured). So I decided to download sims 3 and the pets expansion pack for it just so that I could play the challenge. Well that turned out to be a complete fail, because the graphics are much worse then I expected and everything is so confusing!
    The reason I wanted to use the sims 3 for the challenge is because in the sims 3, the pets were meant to be controlled which means you could do much more with them like interact better with other animals and even catch prey! the catching prey part really makes me excited because it's just like real warrior cats! That's why I hate it that we can't do the same in sims 4. There is a mod called selectable pets where you can play the sims 4 pets like in the sims 3, however I have many problems with this mod that limit me, such as you can't catch prey or interact properly with animals, they glitch a lot and their moods are weird, they don't have relationships with other animals and others that i can't think of right now.

So basically, if you know of or are a modder yourself, please reach out and if you agree with the idea of making a mods specifically for wild cats, being able to hunt and eat prey and form relationships with other cats, then please see what you can do! and if you're like me and you simply have a lot of wishes for the challenge, and are not a modder, then just simply share you're own thoughts with me about it. Thank you for reading, I appreciate it! :)